repentance3232 WTF ANH HERO BUILD

repentance3232

Searching for link, or links to builds with bubble lens installation. I ran a search and came up empty. Looking for different options on installing and securing. I saw sometime ago one secure with Chicago screws and saved picture, thinking that this is the option I wanted at the time, but I have no idea where I ran into these pictures. Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated!!!!!2ad439b7ce216eec96820f90d18b3afc.jpgd7586a4c3df8944d46cfce9e63a402c1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

LS kidney to Ab plate joint connection, I secured split rivets on kidney and used white marker to put on tips of split rivets on ab section to locate where to place holes on nylon 6c8bb374525cfc5f33b6e081b3190767.jpg390cdaa87f5d1f5c51544ad1aacb4f29.jpg8158c7e0ab840ebb816eb57ab5d077e0.jpg

My holster and white canvas belt has been shipped out and waiting on final soft parts. In this picture I see my sniper knee plate is tucked under my thigh. I will need to install padding. My concern is the shoulder bells sticking out from biceps. I don't like that. I never trimmed them down past from where I did trim the extra flashing off the bells many months ago. I'm thinking I need to trim them, but I'm not sure and any suggestions will be greatly appreciated d5e6e6bf39e500b743e8804a95e6187b.jpg

So there should be little gap between the bells and chest/back plates, as in almost 0 under suit showing. I see you have a pretty decent gap, draw them in closer and then see what they look like against the biceps. 

So there should be little gap between the bells and chest/back plates, as in almost 0 under suit showing. I see you have a pretty decent gap, draw them in closer and then see what they look like against the biceps. 
Hey Tony, thank you. Can you share how I maybe able to draw them in closer??? I am clueless...

It still looks as if they are too tight and may have more of a U shaped opening and should have more of a C shape.  You might consider a hot water bath to re-shape them.  This is what I would do:

Get a large pot of water, heat it to near boiling and grab one of your biceps.  Place one shoulder bell in the water for a minute or so, remove it (use tongs, trust me) and press it down onto the bicep quickly using a dish towel and "mold" it around the bicep.  (Keep it in place while it cools, or it can revert back to the original shape).  This should widen the bottom/sides and help them conform better.  It may take some experimenting for the amount of time you keep the bell in the water to get it to the right temperature for bending it.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, repentance3232 said:

Hey Tony, thank you. Can you share how I maybe able to draw them in closer??? I am clueless...

It's hard to tell in your photos but are you using elastic at the lower edge of the bells? If so it's possible they're too tight, they maybe causing the bells to callapse instead of expand. You want them to go around your muscles.WTF bells is generally shaped correctly out of the box, in other words they shouldn't need to be reshaped. I'm suspecting something is else is the cause. Also, if need be remove any lower return edge preventing them from laying flat against your biceps.  

• Like 1

It's hard to tell in your photos but are you using elastic at the lower edge of the bells? If so it's possible they're too tight, they maybe causing the bells to callapse instead of expand. You want them to go around your muscles.WTF bells is generally shaped correctly out of the box, in other words they shouldn't need to be reshaped. I'm suspecting something is else is the cause. Also, if need be remove any lower return edge preventing them from laying flat against your biceps.  
Wow, another great observation Tony. I will hold off on the hot water bath and look into what you are suspecting. I will report back later

Tony is right. I have no return edge on mine whatsoever. Also, on mine at least, the elastic is very taught. It makes the bells close a little bit which on mine ensures they close as Tony states they should. Are you using Han loops?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Actually, it might help to just take a photo of the bell and post here. Good luck!

You can see how narrow the bottom is here and yes I have the elastic tightd1c171ad712ce60f6ef73f0605955119.jpg

2 hours ago, NoZoupForYou said:

I’d start with removing all of the return edge. The elastic looks right as do the loops. I’d start with the edge, see how it helps and then go from there. Tony can pipe in though... he’s the pro :)

I agree with you Sean, take off more of the lower return edge and let's see where this take them John.

John regarding the vercro, I would hold off on it for the time being. Also, you still may have to extend the lower elastic. I'm suspecting once the bell clears the bicep the elastic may still suck the sides in, something we're trying to avoid.  

• Like 1

I agree with you Sean, take off more of the lower return edge and let's see where this take them John.

John regarding the vercro, I would hold off on it for the time being. Also, you still may have to extend the lower elastic. I'm suspecting once the bell clears the bicep the elastic may still suck the sides in, something we're trying to avoid.  
Hey Tony removed return edge on bottom of bells 274cf5c3820323215d4a41c971d24758.jpg