repentance3232 WTF ANH HERO BUILD

repentance3232

Thank you for clarifying Joseph, I will be holding off on any adjustments right now. I will have another look once the arms are attached and chest plate and back plate are attached. I will keep that hot water bath in mind. Again thank you for your time and reply!!!!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

You should keep some return edge it is after all screen accurate, you will find it helps to keep the pieces sitting together, without they can overlap easily.

• Like 1

Looks good to me, don't cut too much of the corners off the cover strips though ;) 

DSC03191_zps52bf4c66.jpg

DSC02549.jpg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, repentance3232 said:

Should I replace the cover strips???

Personally I would, they are quite sharp, but you can trim down the bottom sections of the shins to match (not stepped) you should then have enough strip left to just nick the corners off

You should also trial fit with boots on, does make a difference with how high or low they can sit.

DSC02269

• Like 1

I also need to mention, I peeled back cover strip about 4inches for room to trim. Can I pull old E-6000 off and reglue or pull the whole cover strips off and reglue???

22 hours ago, repentance3232 said:

Can I pull old E-6000 off and reglue or pull the whole cover strips off and reglue???

Absolutely. Happens to me from time to time when I get a little aggressive installing or removing armor and tear a seam open. Just reglue, reset and go. Keep up the good work.

I have a concern. I E-6000 shoulder covers for 24hrs and realize 5 bumps in the front was to much. That caused no bumps on back plate. I removed shoulder covers and reglued. The chemical in E-6000 caused the chest plate to rise in a slight deformation. How do I get my chest plate @ front shoulder covers to look right again??? Next picture of shoulder cover rear elastic. Is it supposed to be tied around back plate??? It wont stay in position and slips of back plate easily 17e9bcb20e2b14925d4418d3e0c5d4d7.jpg6c4c61e1e6ed15ca93da3989c3a3610c.jpg

Hi John, catching up on your thread. For the raised part in the front, I'm not sure what is the best advice. You could sand and then polish but the armour will never shine quite the same if you do. You could leave it and very few people would ever notice.

Your shoulder bridge elastics are in the right spot. They slide out of the groove of the shoulder bridge or does your whole shoulder bridge move forward and back and then the elastic slips off the back plate while sitting in the same groove?

• Like 1

lucnak, really I am only worried about chest deformities from E-6000 for my submissions for L1, L2, and L3. My shoulder elastic stays on shoulder covers but slips off of back plate and rest on shoulder elastic straps that connect chest to back plates

I personally would not take issue with it at L1, but that is a potential question for your GML. For L2 and L3, perhaps we can get a DO to chime in. I don't recall this ever coming up in an application. @ukswrath @justjoseph63 @CableGuy @shashachu

I will admit that I have found that those elastics can easily slide around and haven't thought of a good way to keep them in place. You could secure them to the strap based on your photo in some way, but you would then have to ensure that the bridge slides in under it every time you suit, which could make dressing on your own difficult (in case you anticipate doing so on a regular basis).

• Like 1

Regarding the chest plate, to be honest I don't recall ever seeing E6000 having an adverse effect on ABS, unless in contact with less than quality snaps. Being there are no snaps in this area I'm not sure what to make of it. That said, though it might get brought up during higher level approvals I can't say for certain it would prevent you from earning those badges. Something that will get mentioned is the corners of the shoulder covers which should be squared not rounded. Here's a reference photo

Left%20bicep-crop.jpg

As for the elastic hold downs, it really doesn't matter if there off or on the back plate at L3 so long as it's there. Another reference photo.

gallery_12157_11_941408-crop2.jpg  

• Like 2