repentance3232 WTF ANH HERO BUILD

repentance3232

Hello FISD!!!!! Been a member since 2015 and finally am able  to make a Build Thread. I reached that most highly anticipated day, The BBB Day on October 23rd 2018 Y4o4C5j.jpg. Being new to this, I brought BBB in the  house and didn't touch it for 45 min.OwLkq18.jpg. I finally built up the courage.ArmG82Z.jpg

• Like 3

Yes! We love the BBB day photos. Congrats and no the building and so many questions. Guess what though? We're here with answers when you ask.

With that said good luck on your build.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thank you Rat for your kind words and encouragement!!!! I am SOO excited for this build and soon putting big smiles on little children's faces while Trooping!!!!! I know the outreach this community has in FISD in pouring out help for us beginners to build an excellent armor. This thread is being made for that fact, your help!!!!! Please know I am greatly thankful for your input and suggestions/help during my/our build!!!!! 

It's about time, John!! LOL.  I know you work crazy hours, but am glad to see that you are ready to get started... Walt makes a great kit, and I'm sure you will be more than happy with it.

My words of advice at this point would be:

1.  Study some of the build threads, especially the WTF ones.

2.  Have all of your build supplies in place before diving in.  I can't stress this enough.

3.  Measure twice (or better yet 3 times) before cutting.

4.  If you are unsure about something, post a photo before cutting or final fitting/gluing.

5.  Ask as many questions as you like, no matter how small.  We were all in your shoes boots at one time and are here for ya'.

6.  Don't forget # 4.

• Like 1

Of course I had to get it all out a take photo, notice my meow meow curious about something new in the houseasYhJpC.jpg PT1FdVr.jpg Started trimming just cutting the extra flashing off and leaving plenty return edge because i was in fear. I apply here the saying, "Less is best". I don't want to buy replacement parts because I trimmed to much off.sX3QmDf.jpg LyzoHqB.jpg Bau6VTc.jpg At this point in my build, i was and is depending HEAVILY on Ukswrath Anovos Build 

• Like 2

Hitting the Ground running. Going off of Tony's Build threads is a wise decision. They are nothing short but legendary.

Keep it up friend. Well done so far.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

R4dzj8Q.jpg started fitting and getting comfortable and moving forward. Didn't move forward until I reached a comfort and confident level which I gained from FISD members. u67Av4N.jpg While armor was curing from E-6000, I decided to tackle the o2 canister TD. This would be my very first completed item and boy oh boy did it feel accomplishing!!!!! eDyXOsl.jpg jGCVnlP.jpg 72kpKHw.jpg My goal if possible is to make a move of progress each day, even if it was rubbing E-6000 glue with fingers off from around cover strips from squeeze out. I decide to install inner cover strips as well because I want reinforcements and support on joints.

MQkBg2y.jpg vXWCXuF.jpg On the Cod was my first hole i put in my build. I used a solder iron and made small hole and tried fitting split rivet in. Made hole slightly bigger until rivet fit very snug and NOT loose, I was aware of being very careful not to get hole to big. wzGZMzn.jpg Worked on more fitting with Ab plate and kidney plate and was 3" short on one side. So I added 1 3/4" shims on each side. AMFt6tW.jpg Needing to be creative, I had to make a return edge for the shims. I made my measurements and placed extra ABS on that utensil holder and placed block of wood on ABS and used a heat gun to soften and create return edge. Now I am very experienced on heat gun. I use a heat gun every night at my work for the past 3 years. I do spot paint repair for an auto manufacturer using enamel water base paint which i have to use heat to bake on paint, not air dry, that is if it is a small enough paint job. Sorry i squirreled... will update later on kidney shim. I am almost to the point of strapping. bLGsZ2N.jpg KCH6k6j.jpg I moved on getting brave and started setting snaps and found out by damaging the first snap that the snap setter I purchased was not compatible with Tandyleather 24. I made an order and received the correct setter. This is where I am currently on my build. NYedpIO.jpg Still need to do calve closures which I will be going screen accurate #3 bra hooks. My goal is going through the Ranks L1, L2, and finally my overall goal of L3 Centurion. I look forward to your suggestions, help, and guidance so I maybe Trooping with the 501st!!!!! I will give better updates now that I have a build thread, thank you again for your time and help!!!!!

I will just say that if your end goal is lv. 3 build for it from the start. It is easier once you get there if you build it to those specs rather than modifying later.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Looks like you are moving right along, John!  One small detail I could suggest is to keep an eye on the nylon in the cod connection, as it has a way of tearing out of a connection this small with repeated use.  If you have an extra rivet, at some point in the future you should think about folding over the nylon at the end and re-attaching it for better strength.  If you need an extra rivet, just PM me know and I'll get one to you (no charge).

U7c1arF.jpg?1

You could also have an extra connection, I placed a snap behind the rivet, then added another snap set in nylon and glued in place, this gives you the added safety of an extra connection as well as the ability to open and close at the front, I find it is easier to access the front of the elastic when kitting up.

What ever works for you but I can tell you there's nothing worse than being at a troop, kitting up and a connection fails, always a good idea to have a spare in those places which are prone to letting go ;) 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The bicep is gonna "push it" out a little, and it should sit against the chestplate.  I think where it's at now will probably be fine once you have the bicep under it :)

• Like 2

14 hours ago, repentance3232 said:

How do you know how much to trim off of bells?

Like Sarah said, check how it looks with the torso and also, the original bells were trimmed with a curve and not straight which will help getting the bells closer to the chest and back.

Bell from the Lucas archives taken for the court case with SDS

Original to the left.

9FtHBvF.jpg

Original to the right.

YCipk0c.jpg

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, repentance3232 said:

Nice!!!!! I haven't seen these images, great visual!!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Alot of TK awesomeness can be found here:salute:

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/gallery/category/7-general-stormtrooper-reference/

• Like 2

The shoulder bell looks a little tight right now, (especially at the bottom) but it will more than likely not sit as close as you have it once you attach them.  The red square shows approximately where your shoulder bridge will sit, so you should be able to move them out a bit more so that they will not be as tight.  Removing the return edges from the bottom as you did will certainly help, but if you find that they are still too tight, a hot water bath will help widen them up.

YE78sDr.jpg

• Like 1