My first Troop

rzill

Howdy fellas and ladies.  Thank you all for your help in building my TK.  I was approved around Thanksgiving, but Trooping events were slim pickin' around here (Detroit area) in December.  I wanted to post a photo of my very first Troop.  This is an event called Chilly Fest... no, unfortunately, not a chili cook off.  It's an indoor/outdoor event in the Detroit, MI (USA) area for kids.  I ended up the only TK to show up, due to the weather (I drove through a bad snowstorm, and my AT-AT was in the shop).  I had a great time!  The kids who weren't scared of us loved it  :)  A Merc was the only other 501st representative, but we made the best of it.  Thanks again!  nb8ZkyO.png

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated
  • Like 3

Way to represent, Ron!  Your first troop is one that will stand out in your memory forever, and if I remember correctly there are only 2 seasons in MI. ... winter and road construction, lol.  Hopefully the number of events will pick up when the weather warms up and you can get out and show off that armor more!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, justjoseph63 said:

Way to represent, Ron!  Your first troop is one that will stand out in your memory forever, and if I remember correctly there are only 2 seasons in MI. ... winter and road construction, lol.  Hopefully the number of events will pick up when the weather warms up and you can get out and show off that armor more!

Ha!  You are correct, sir.  You must either be from Michigan, or know someone who complains about it.  We've actually had a very mild winter until recently.  Activity has picked up, and I am Trooping pretty much every weekend now through February.  

I lived at 15 and Van Dyke for 5 years, but driving in the snow finally got the best of this Florida boy.  (I used to go to Royal Oak a lot, though.. cool little area).   Great to hear that there are more troops coming up, so keep posting those pics!

Hint:  When using imgur, click the Direct Link option and it will post your photos directly onto your thread!

5 minutes ago, justjoseph63 said:

I lived at 15 and Van Dyke for 5 years, but driving in the snow finally got the best of this Florida boy.  (I used to go to Royal Oak a lot, though.. cool little area).   Great to hear that there are more troops coming up, so keep posting those pics!

Hint:  When using imgur, click the Direct Link option and it will post your photos directly onto your thread!

Someone told me that before, maybe it was you, about the direct link option.  I don't know how to do that.  Is it something I do through imgur, or from here?

On imgur.  When you click on the photo, a menu will pop up on the right with the options

Image Link

Direct Link

Markdown Link 

etc.

Scroll down to the Direct Link (2nd one down) and on the right of you will see Copy.  Click on that.  Right click on the thread you want to copy it to and then hit Paste.

2 minutes ago, rzill said:

17 minutes ago, justjoseph63 said:

On imgur.  When you click on the photo, a menu will pop up on the right with the options

Image Link

Direct Link

Markdown Link 

etc.

Scroll down to the Direct Link (2nd one down) and on the right of you will see Copy.  Click on that.  Right click on the thread you want to copy it to and then hit Paste.

I do not get those options when I click on my imgur photos.  I'll probably not be posting many more photos, anyway.  Not a fan of the photo options on this site without using the app.  Thanks, though.  :)

Welcome and congratulations on your first troop!  You survived!  :laugh1:

My recommendation is to always keep a good relationship with your local Mandos and Rebel Legion members.  We're all in the same boat, with many of the same interest and goals, and between us we can make huge turn outs at events, and the bigger the turn out the more the public gets to see Star Wars characters.  And the more people and friends we get to meet and hang out with, so it's a win-win.  Plus, a lot of us are dual or tri members of the clubs. 

We love our handful of local Mandos out here and the locals are actually closer to us than their own clans, so we often see them more than they see their clans.  

• Like 1

Congratulations trooper, as an approved 501st member and TK you can request higher forum access here

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...