James Whitley level 1 - Anovos

TK-42775

So picked up a kit from a member that was selling his, still needs some tweaking but need some input

1. Name: James Whitley

2. Future Garrison: Alpine Garrison

3. Armor Maker: Anovos

4. Helmet Maker: Anovos

5. Cloth Belt Maker: Anovos

6. Neck Seal Maker: Dont remember (I know horrible)

7. Boot Maker: TKboots

9. Blaster Maker: Airsoft conversion (Not pictured)

11. Height: 5'5"

12. Weight:  130 lbs

13. TK type: ANH Stunt

Front

ZuBrO4B.jpg

Left

qTzVC4I.jpg

Right

JI9Ncmx.jpg

Back

xQefWfI.jpg

Bucket 

0a0RiAb.jpg

DEWYLU6.jpg

9HwaPVJ.jpg

uTY6Btj.jpg

Bucket off

4leYnSq.jpg?1

Strapping

SJOa3WS.jpg

Hands

PT7HJcJ.jpg

Edited by James Whitley

Hey James - looking good:duim:

Suggestions:

#1 Check that left shouder bell, it sticks up a bit.

#2 The bigger ab button plate looks as it has return egde on it, it shouldn´t. see pic

mUQgG6x.jpg?1

#3 Not sure but the frown appears to have some overspray, see pic (no paint between teeth)

JwBS9xJ.jpg

#4 Submitt application

#5 Come back for EIB

Good luck:salute:

Nice job, James!  As Daniel mentioned the shoulders (especially the left) are siting way too high.  I am thinking that the shoulder/bicep connections use the Velcro that came with the kit, and it just needs to be tightened up a bit.  This may also help your biceps, which are also at different levels.  Be sure to ask any more questions if you have them.. we are here to help!

XEPbex6.jpg

Looking good!  I see you've already addressed the minor tweaks mentioned above.  That's all I caught.  Should be easy pass for Basic!  

If you have issues with the sniper plate wanting to go under the thigh (incredibly common), tape up a cheap wash cloth, and tape it into the inside of the shin.  It will punch it out just enough to prevent it from tucking under the thigh.  Your photos don't indicate it has that tendency, but it's so common I just recommend it to everyone anyway, just in case.  More of a comfort and wear-ability thing (like potential trimming of cod and ab like you mentioned) than approval.   

Annnnnnddddd the shoulder is still off. :6::6::6::6::6::6::6::6::6::6::6::6::6::6::6::6:

@sharkbait Still adding foam, Might shorten the shins some more, Not real happy with how they are lining up at this point

Edited by James Whitley
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, James Whitley said:

Still adding foam, Might shorten the shins some more, Not real happy with how they are lining up at this point

You could try to ad some foam at the bottom of the outer left thigh, that should straighten it out:)

22 hours ago, James Whitley said:

Ng0jOK8.jpg

Looks like your shins are sitting very high on top of your ankles, can you bring them down more, this will give you more room at the knees.

Compare with these.

latest?cb=20130318061027

9 hours ago, James Whitley said:

@TheSwede What do you think shorten calves or thighs?

If it were me I would not raise or shorten the thighs, James.  The reason being is that it appears the tops are already a bit wide causing a slight gap in the rear (red arrow), and raising or trimming them increase this gap.  If you felt ambitious, you could remove the rear cover strip and trim them down a little to give you a more tapered look at the top, but it really not needed.  The gaps you have in the front between the tops of the thighs and the ab plate (third photo) are good to go.

Reference image

zjKImkR.jpg?1       kwNm8Nh.jpg?2     cCQd6WB.jpg?1

Just as Q mentioned, the bottoms of the calves are riding pretty high.  When standing still this is not an issue, but during a troop this will more than likely cause the tops of your boots to pop out from underneath in the front.  Since it looks as if you don't have the extra material to work with at the bottoms, I have seen several troopers with this issue make a stirrup of sorts, where they glued a piece of 1 (or 2) inch elastic to the insides of the calf and them looped that under their foot before putting on the boots.  This keeps them pulled down and prevents that.

abQECGO.jpg?1   43sh6uF.jpg?1

• Like 1

1 hour ago, James Whitley said:

TK-42775 Reporting :dancing-trooper:

Congratulations and welcome to the ranks trooper, you can request higher forum access here :salute:

On 1/19/2019 at 4:40 AM, justjoseph63 said:

If it were me I would not raise or shorten the thighs, James.  The reason being is that it appears the tops are already a bit wide causing a slight gap in the rear (red arrow), and raising or trimming them increase this gap.  If you felt ambitious, you could remove the rear cover strip and trim them down a little to give you a more tapered look at the top, but it really not needed.  The gaps you have in the front between the tops of the thighs and the ab plate (third photo) are good to go.

Reference image

zjKImkR.jpg?1       kwNm8Nh.jpg?2     cCQd6WB.jpg?1

Just as Q mentioned, the bottoms of the calves are riding pretty high.  When standing still this is not an issue, but during a troop this will more than likely cause the tops of your boots to pop out from underneath in the front.  Since it looks as if you don't have the extra material to work with at the bottoms, I have seen several troopers with this issue make a stirrup of sorts, where they glued a piece of 1 (or 2) inch elastic to the insides of the calf and them looped that under their foot before putting on the boots.  This keeps them pulled down and prevents that.

abQECGO.jpg?1   43sh6uF.jpg?1

The issue I am having is that (at some point) Im going to have to shim the bottoms of the calfs, I cut them a lil tight, I also trimmed a little more off the calves and it seems to have fixed the problem, I've also added foam to the thighs which helped a bit. Although I have a bit of Armor bite in the Cod region, so there might be some trimming in my future there 

Edited by James Whitley

7 hours ago, James Whitley said:

Although I have a bit of Armor bite in the Cod region, so there might be some trimming in my future there 

You can safely trim any areas you need there to make it comfortable and still pass at any level.  It may take a bit of extra work, but I suggest trimming small amounts at a time following the existing lines until you get to where you need to be.  

How much do you think you will need to shim on the calves?  Depending on this, I may have some suggestions that will make it a lot easier and would not involve having to make up ABS paste to cover any seams.  Can you post up a pic of the inside of one of the calves as seen below?

1vg9pvC.jpg?1

@justjoseph63 So my problem is not the upper part of the shin but down around my ankles, I trimmed another 1/4" to 1/2" out of the bottom of them and changed the shape a little to conform to the boot a bit better, seems to be working,