echo327

Starting my other journey

Hello all!! It's finally time for me to make my first goal a reality! A little back story to explain.... Back in July of 2018 I had weight loss surgery. I was morbidly obese with many health issues. The surgery saved my life. Shortly before getting this operation I set a few non scale related goals. The first of which is to become a member of the 501st. I'm proud to say that as of today I've lost just over 100 lbs and am ready to join the ranks!!! Being 5'6" I'm on the short side of being a Stormtrooper but it worked for Luke so I think I'll do ok. I'm excited to start this process and look forward to the challenge ahead. 

20181120_182740-COLLAGE.jpg

• Like 3

Wow man! Congrats!!! So happy you have decided to take your life back. Let me say WELCOME! the FISD is THE home for the white shiny armor. You have so much here to explore its not even funny. I would have to say that one of THE most important questions to ask yourself is "which TK do I want to be?". Once you figure that out, we can start to help you find the right vendor fit for your build and budget (there are those tailored for larger troopers, and those that have a scaled down version). This group is like a family and are always here to help. If you have any questions, either now or in the future, please ask.

Welcome to the FISD! Great progress on getting this far!

Take your time and read through the various threads and do a lot of research. When you’ve done your research do a little more!! There is a lot to learn and the better you are prepared the easier it will be.

Here’s a good place to get started:
http://bit.ly/GettingStartedFISD

Best of luck and feel free to reach out to any one of us if you start to feel overwhelmed.

Jim Moser
TK-50899

Welcome, Erick! As silly as it sounds, this white armor journey is one of change and healing for many, myself included. It's a GREAT group of folks here who are willing to come alongside. Have a browse, ask anything, and once more - welcome!

Congrats. Can’t wait to see the transformation into the shiny white armor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is an awesome story Erick. Welcome to the FISD. 

Welcome to the FISD!  We are here to help you reach your next goal. :duim:

Hello and welcome aboard, looking forward to seeing a build thread soon

Welcome to the FISD Erick!

Good Luck Future Trooper!:duim:

Congrats on your weight loss. 100 lbs, that is fantastic! I’m 5’7”, so feel free to reference my build thread. Us short troopers gotta stick together!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Congrats! That's a great achievement!  You'll be in shiny white plastic before you know it

Welcome to FISD!

Congrats Erick and welcome to the FISD!  That is a very nice story about your weight loss.  I wouldn't worry about being on the short side.  You won't have any issues fitting into a set of armor.  Research is key and ask any questions you may have.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, starsaber25 said:

Congrats Erick and welcome to the FISD!  That is a very nice story about your weight loss.  I wouldn't worry about being on the short side.  You won't have any issues fitting into a set of armor.  Research is key and ask any questions you may have.

Thanks! I noticed your in the Empire City Garrison. I live in Kingston NY. Is there still a Hudson Valley Squad? I can't seem to find any info on them. Is there anyone locally I can contact about joining? 

Congrats on the achievement! Welcome to a great group, we are here to help as the empire needs more plastic spacemen!

2 hours ago, echo327 said:

Thanks! I noticed your in the Empire City Garrison. I live in Kingston NY. Is there still a Hudson Valley Squad? I can't seem to find any info on them. Is there anyone locally I can contact about joining? 

Erick, if you go to the 501st website, you can search members by location.

I will say, I just searched that Squad and it seems there is no record of anyone active in it. might have to dig deeper as they may not be an active squad.

• Like 1

I found 7 people under the search for squad only, that is not enough to maintain a squad unfortunately. If I could recommend, you should go to the Empire City Garrison page on facebook or the forum and start your search there. might be easier to come across someone in your area that can give you some hands on help

• Like 1

2 hours ago, echo327 said:

Found this. http://http//www.501ecg.com/index.html

• Like 1

Hi Erick and welcome aboard future Trooper! 

Have a read in the “Getting Started-Read this First” section, as there is some really good info in there for new members.

Then, have a read in “Costuming and Builds” section to discover other troopers who are building (or have built) the same armor as you! Really good tips, examples, pictures, previously answered questions, and successes here.

In addition to looking at all the various build threads, I highly recommend checking out the “Advanced Tactics” section where you can see examples of those who have taken their armor to the next levels of screen accuracy (EIB and Centurion).  I’d recommend that you aim to build to one of the certification levels, as TK’s look their best at these levels. It's really not hard to acquire EIB or Centurion, and it’s best to do during your build rather that after.

If, and when, you’re looking for other bits –and-pieces, accessories, boots, blasters, electronics, etc., be sure to check out the “Imperial Commissary/PX” section for items for sale, project runs, and for other stuff that most of the troopers use.

Also, make contact with your local Garrison. They’ll help guide you through the process of becoming a member of the 501st, and may have local Armor Parties in the works where you can get hands-on build advice and guidance, not to mention meet members of your future Garrison.

So, start a build thread here on FISD; post lots of pictures and questions. We are all here to help you out and to make sure you look your best, and represent the 501st as best as possible.

All the best on your TK journey! :dancing-trooper:

8 hours ago, echo327 said:

Oh very nice.  Yes the Hudson Valley Squad is still a part of the Empire City Garrison.  When you get a chance, please sign up over at our forums and introduce yourself.  If you are looking for some assistance then we have some very helpful troopers upstate.  www.501ecg.com/forum