simorph

Hello from the UK

Hey there folks,

just introducing myself - I'm Simon, but you can call me Simes.  I make videogames in real life and am an artist, maker and serial collector of skills.

props_mandaloriancostume_male.jpg?resize completed_mandalorian_helmet.jpg?w=200

I got into costuming for Celebration Europe as a Mando Merc with my scratchbuilt costume, and I troop with a few groups here in the UK. 

I'm not one for the cons, but trooping for charity - I'll be there!

I really enjoy building, taught myself how to mould and cast and I now make Mandalorian Helmets for sale.

But I've really always wanted a TK!

So my Big Brown Box from RWA is on its way and I'm about to embark on this journey, my intention, to build ANH stunt build with that little bit of screen-used flavour that you see in the opening scenes of the movie.

Thanks, in advance, for all your help!

Welcome!

If you’re not already on the uk garrison forum sign up so you can post your build thread etc

Looking forward to trooping with you.
TK-31275

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great intro!

Welcome to the FISD and the true home to white armor. Our Detachment has 3 levels that can be awarded to you, basic being your 501st approval, Expert Infinity being the next level, and Centurion being the screen accurate costume. Level 3 of the CRL will help you find exactly what your looking for as far as material used and such. Also, go here ( https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/140-fisd-centurion-requirements/ ) and you can see other Level 3 stuff. Best to start out building to L3 if that's what you want to do. It is much easier in the long run than having to go back and fix everything. Good luck with your build, keep the questions coming, and we shall see you on the other side!

Hello Simes, welcome to FISD. Ask any questions you have and we will be here to help. :salute:

Welcome to the FISD. I love the Mando armor. Looking forward to see what you do with a TK.

Welcome aboard, Simes. As a fellow RWA trooper, I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.

Love your Mando - looking really good!!

As mentioned above, if you haven’t already, sign up over at the UKG forum and start your build thread. If you’re going to document your build, I found it easy to create your latest thread entry, then copy and paste between here and UKG. Best of both worlds that way.

Welcome to the fun, Simes. :-)

Welcome to FISD - really looking forward seeing that build :duim:

Welcome Simes!

here is the CRL for the TK you wish to pursue!

http://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_anh_stunt

take a look at the screen reference pics.

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/gallery/

and there is a plethora of great builds!

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/80-anh-build-threads/

have a fun build!

Welcome to the FISD. you are in good hands.

good luck on your build

Hello and welcome aboard

Hi Simon and welcome aboard future Trooper! 

Have a read in the “Getting Started-Read this First” section, as there is some really good info in there for new members.

Then, have a read in “Costuming and Builds” section to discover other troopers who are building (or have built) the same armor as you! Really good tips, examples, pictures, previously answered questions, and successes here.

In addition to looking at all the various build threads, I highly recommend checking out the “Advanced Tactics” section where you can see examples of those who have taken their armor to the next levels of screen accuracy (EIB and Centurion).  I’d recommend that you aim to build to one of the certification levels, as TK’s look their best at these levels. It's really not hard to acquire EIB or Centurion, and it’s best to do during your build rather that after.

If, and when, you’re looking for other bits –and-pieces, accessories, boots, blasters, electronics, etc., be sure to check out the “Imperial Commissary/PX” section for items for sale, project runs, and for other stuff that most of the troopers use.

Also, keep in contact with your local Garrison. They’ll help guide you through the process of becoming a member of the 501st, and may have local Armor Parties in the works where you can get hands-on build advice and guidance, not to mention meet members of your future Garrison.

So, start a build thread here on FISD; post lots of pictures and questions. We are all here to help you out and to make sure you look your best, and represent the 501st as best as possible.

All the best on your TK journey!:dancing-trooper: