Rosenlund 66

Greetings from the frozen North...

Hej!

Glad to be on this forum. I’m going to need all the help i can get :coffee2: 

i live in Jämtland, Sweden,  and I’ve been interested in the Nordic Legion for years, but have decided (finally) to make a start, partly inspired by the films shown over the holidays.

I’m a Star Wars nut, (otherwise I wouldn’t be here, right?) was lucky enough to have been able to visit the Star Wars exhibition which came to Sweden an few years back, held in this part of Sweden because it apparently reminded George Lucas of Endor! (I should add that i mean this part broadly speaking. It was in a town called Örnsköldsvik, in a neighboring county). It was the coolest thing I’ve ever seen, really. Original costumes, props, and vehicles. 

Anyway, ill be looking for help with my first kit, an original trilogy Stormtrooper (are there any differences film to film?). I read elsewhere on this forum “don’t buy from ebay”, which I’m glad i saw, because i was looking at TKM armouries. Whilst I’m here, noob question: i saw the Black Series stormtrooper helmet with built-in voice changer gadget. Looked really detailed to my untrained eye. 501st friendly, or not? 

Looking forward to making your acquaintance!

Adrian

Edited by Rosenlund 66
  • Like 2

Hi Adrian and welcome aboard! That Black Series helmet is nice for display. I bought one for my young son because he likes to wear mine.  As far as Legion approvals go, it would take quite a bit of work for basic approvals.  In my opinion, you would save yourself a lot of hassle with a kit from a good armorer.  Welcome! :salute:

Edited by Shanester

Hey and welcome to the FISD! True home to all stormtroopers!.

To answer some of your questions, YES! there are quite a few differences movie to movie between the TKs (TK is the Letter designation for a StormTrooper). You can find the CRL (Costume Reference Library) on the 501st Legion page under Costume, or there is a link here (sorry my copy paste isn't working).

As far as the Black series kit goes, it is technically a R1 (Rogue 1) helmet and thus would not be suited for a Original Trilogy StormTrooper, and if you were to want to use it for a R1 trooper, there is a ton of work needing to be done to it for it to pass. As Shane stated, I would go with a vetted vendor for your first build.

Best advice I can give you right now is to look around, EVERYWHERE! start looking at the vendors that are trusted by the FISD. Look at current WIP (work in progress) pages. Look at photos, and see what is going on to help you. Figure out which movie you like, or which stormtrooper you like most, this is an important starting point as it will tell you what you will need for the build.

If you have any questions at all, ask!

Good luck Recruit!

Wow! Thanks, guys. Exactly why i asked about changes film to film. I’ve no in-depth knowledge of kit and equipment, but i am an old reenactor, so I know the devil’s in the details, and i learned the hard way about not researching kit, and how important avoiding anachronism is. Seems like there’s much knowledge to tap here :peace:

1 minute ago, Rosenlund 66 said:

Wow! Thanks, guys. Exactly why i asked about changes film to film. I’ve no in-depth knowledge of kit and equipment, but i am an old reenactor, so I know the devil’s in the details, and i learned the hard way about not researching kit, and how important avoiding anachronism is. Seems like there’s much knowledge to tap here :peace:

You have come to the right place my friend. There is years and years of experience and research here, use it, let it flow through you!

Certainly will. My biggest problem is probably going to be where i live. Basically, the only hobbies acceptable/“interesting” here are snowmobiles and hunting/shooting, none of which float my boat. The folks around here aren’t (very generally speaking) very good with things they didn’t decide themselves. I just hope i can find some like-minded company without having to travel hundreds of miles every time. That being said, the first time i visit a hospital, or a birthday party etc., it will be a pretty unique occasion in these parts, and I’m sure to rouse some interest. Everyone loves Star Wars! Onwards and upwards B)

Edited by Rosenlund 66
  • Like 1

Hello Adrian. Welcome to the home of the Stormtroopers. :smiley-sw013:

56 minutes ago, Rosenlund 66 said:

(...)   I just hope i can find some like-minded company without having to travel hundreds of miles every time.   (...)

For that, I suggest to register yourself at the Nordic Garrison page to get more details. Meeting the people in person not only helps answering your questions, it is also an eye-opener to realize the differences between the TK armors from movie to movie. It is important to get an overview first, so you later can be sure you picked the right one.

After that is done, it comes to the differences of the available makers. Things like 'do they ship to your country', 'are you okay with the price', 'do they offer the material you prefer' and so on.

But all these questions can also be asked here and we will try to help from all across the globe. :salute:  Enjoy your TK journey.

1 hour ago, Rosenlund 66 said:

Certainly will. My biggest problem is probably going to be where i live. Basically, the only hobbies acceptable/“interesting” here are snowmobiles and hunting/shooting, none of which float my boat. The folks around here aren’t (very generally speaking) very good with things they didn’t decide themselves. I just hope i can find some like-minded company without having to travel hundreds of miles every time. That being said, the first time i visit a hospital, or a birthday party etc., it will be a pretty unique occasion in these parts, and I’m sure to rouse some interest. Everyone loves Star Wars! Onwards and upwards B)

I think you might be surprised at what kind of activity is close to you. But if you are in a remote place, you may have to travel. Or start laying the ground work in your area for the 501st to come to events, get with you event coordinators and they can help you out. And for sure like Tino said, get signed up on your garrison page and start chatting with people in your area, get together in person, and achieve your goal!

Välkommen till FISD Adrian, att klokt beslut då allt man kan tänkas vilja veta om Stormtroopers finns på detta forum. Länkarna du fick av Gregg innehållas massa bra information och ett råd jag vill ge ge är att så ofta som möjligt logga in via dator då mer info om användarna blir synligt och det blir enklare att veta om personen som ger råd är erfaren eller inte:duim:

Already done :duim: it’s how i found this forum. I’ve even asked about what Swedish law has to say about importing replica weapons. It’s very very strict, even on deactivated weapons and replicas, especially where carrying in public is concerned. In Britain, members of Societies can carry/use any replica weapons relative to their needs at shows/exhibitions etc., the authorities having acknowledged their hobby and made allowances. No such consideration here. The police once accosted me when i was kitted out in Viking gear, spear, sword and all when we were out in town doing a publicity gig for a local museum. I only got away with it because the copper who spoke to me understood what we were doing and that they weren’t sharp, but asked me not to do it again. No interest in it being part of the costume or our purpose. They were weapons in public. End of. 

On the subject, where do i get a good E-11? I understand SDS aren’t quite up to scratch. Some of their stuff is hideously expensive by comparison. Boots, for example, are twice the price of identical ones on ebay. 

I’ve PM’d Sskunky about armour, having settled on ROTJ. The thing is, I haven’t the time or space for too much work on armour. I’m really looking to at the least half ready armour. SDS stuff needs (I’ve read) some work to be 501 friendly, but they don’t seem to be a popular company here. His website seems to claim that they’re the original manufacturer of TK kit. Even the company name says so! Is there some doubt about this? 

12 minutes ago, TheSwede said:

Välkommen till FISD Adrian, att klokt beslut då allt man kan tänkas vilja veta om Stormtroopers finns på detta forum. Länkarna du fick av Gregg innehållas massa bra information och ett råd jag vill ge ge är att så ofta som möjligt logga in via dator då mer info om användarna blir synligt och det blir enklare att veta om personen som ger råd är erfaren eller inte:duim:

Tack igen! Jag har skapat ett konto på Nordics forum. Jag hittade länken hit där faktiskt. Vet du om det finns medlemmar här i norrland? 

1 minute ago, Rosenlund 66 said:

Oj! Tack, Daniel :D 

Your welcome:salute: (tar det på engelska så våra internationella bröder kan hänga med:D)

For a blaster I would recommend Imperial Warfighters, you can find them on FB and if you want to see what one looks like, here¨s mine:duim:

tN9lOUw.jpg

k3KYjNu.jpg

Welcome aboard. You are on the right track to becoming a Stormtrooper. It sure seems daunting at first, but it is an extremely rewarding and fun journey to be on. These forums are your best resource to complete the task, with lots of information. Good luck, and have fun.

5 minutes ago, TK-42134 said:

Welcome aboard. You are on the right track to becoming a Stormtrooper. It sure seems daunting at first, but it is an extremely rewarding and fun journey to be on. These forums are your best resource to complete the task, with lots of information. Good luck, and have fun.

Thanks, Mark. Always been fascinated by the Empire!

8 minutes ago, Rosenlund 66 said:

Vet du om det finns medlemmar här i norrland? 

You have some answers on your thread at the Garrison:duim:

Just now, TheSwede said:

You have some answers on your thread at the Garrison:duim:

Thanks, Daniel. I haven’t had time to root around yet, but i will. I saw one guy in Piteå, but I’m hoping there’s more. I don’t use “the book”, my friend. I’m a bit anti, tbh. Can they be contacted by other means?

3 minutes ago, Rosenlund 66 said:

Thanks, Daniel. I haven’t had time to root around yet, but i will. I saw one guy in Piteå, but I’m hoping there’s more. I don’t use “the book”, my friend. I’m a bit anti, tbh. Can they be contacted by other means?

So am I, only use it to be able to buy armors and blasters and post the occasional pic of completed suits so my advice would be to create an account just for that:duim:

1 minute ago, TheSwede said:

So am I, only use it to be able to buy armors and blasters and post the occasional pic of completed suits so my advice would be to create an account just for that:duim:

Darn. Didn’t think of that :laugh1: I’ll do that tomorrow :0Lighten:

• Like 1

Righty ho. Time to put the little one (a future Jawa)  to bed. Night all, and thanks for taking the time. I’ll be pestering you again soon! 

Adrian out

4 minutes ago, Rosenlund 66 said:

I’ll be pestering you again soon! 

- standing by - :salute: