Cricket

Cricket's Full-Sized RS ANH Stunt TK Build (sort of...)

Greetings, Troopers!

After almost 2 years of nagging, I finally convinced my hubby to join the dark side in white armor.  I surprised him with his very own set of BBBs from RS Props (a big one and a little one) on Christmas morning.  Here's the moment of unwrapping.  You all know the feeling.  :) 

32877522108_78f78206ac_o.gif  

Now it's up to me to build it.  And I'm super excited about this build because I won't really need to do much alteration to the plastic at all.  At 5'10" and about 165 lbs, my husband is in the 'out-of-the-box trooper' size range.  This thread will be pretty limited with regards to detail stuff (this is my fourth TK build,  OMG!), but I wanted to share the bits and pieces of progress on this full-sized build anyways so I can get feedback when I need it.  :)   

During the past few days, I've done some initial assembly with inner cover strips.  Ooh.  Ahhh.   
46753000721_0599d11718.jpg

His compression garments arrived yesterday, so we're hoping to get time this weekend to do initial fitting of the limb parts.  I would love to get moving on building his magnetic shins, but I can't until we get his boots for proper sizing.  I'm on the lookout for a pair of TK Boots (not IB Boots) in size 12, so if anyone has a pair they'd like to part with (or has a lead), I'm your gal!  TK Boots has told me they're currently out of stock, and unknown if they'll ever get more in.  

• Like 5

I have an extra set of TK Boots size 12 (I think) that I could sell. They are just sitting in my closet. But they are "Pre-weathered" if that makes sense

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Commander Gree said:

I have an extra set of TK Boots size 12 (I think) that I could sell. They are just sitting in my closet. But they are "Pre-weathered" if that makes sense

Sending you a PM!  :D  

1 hour ago, TheSwede said:

So how surprised was he?^_^

Extremely!!!  I had told him that I couldn't get the kit ordered until after the new year at the earliest, and not to expect anything until February/March.  He had no idea that I was able to get it ordered and delivered before Christmas.  (A huge thanks to Andrea over at RS Props for making it happen, too.  The customer service over at RS has been consistently outstanding!)

• Like 1