Commander Pyre Build

Good Morning fellow troopers. I have been thinking about building an armor set to jump into the sequel era. I've been jumping back and forth between two options and decided I want to try and build a Commander Pyre costume from Star Wars Resistance. I figured building from a FOTK from TFA would be the closest design to fit the resistance armor style and then add the appropriate parts. I wanted to ask where everyone is getting kits for the hard armor and soft parts (can't really sew, I can work on armor from a kit though) to start a build from. I plan on getting a pauldron and a F-11 to support the build. for the F-11 working on painting it gold and black (similar to how phasma has a silver and black). Thanks again for the help

Hello and welcome aboard. You can find some great info in this thread.

There is another with a build for the resistance FOTK, you can find the thread here, it may be of help. 

Good luck and looking forward to seeing a build thread from you soon.

• 1 month later...

Did you see KB is offering the bucket. Saw it on the Vonreg build group on FB and remembered I had saw someone doing a pyre

Not a big fan of toon style mostly because I have a stubborn belief that if Lucasfilm put Pyre on screen in a live action movie how would he look. But oh well I'm pressing on with my Vonreg build and looking forward to seeing this build as well! Gold Chrome is awesome!

3 hours ago, heartstopper85 said:

Did you see KB is offering the bucket. Saw it on the Vonreg build group on FB and remembered I had saw someone doing a pyre

That helmet build is on this forum, I've noticed a few issues with it which should be changed for better accuracy which I've mentioned on that thread.

• 3 weeks later...

Great to see Pyre has now been imagined as a regular FO by Black Series. Some noticeable changes but the bucket is standard TFA.

Edited by JAFO

There are some differences in the helmets

Front chin is a lot longer and angles backwards halfway down and it is a lot sharper that movie version, there is also the lower black inset line below the tube stripes which stops a lot shorter that movie version. Nose has a sharper corner at the edge of the mouth compared to movie which is rounded.

Image result for star wars resistance stormtrooper6ED9TMN.png

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JAFO said:

d155a30e984ce15feeb650b63d7eaf47.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Toys are generally a somewhat loose interpretation of a screen character. Historically the FISD doesn't reference toys as a basis for accuracy instead we use what's seen on screen and the artist's original concept.    

That said it would be nice to see this character brought to life. 

• Like 1

Toys are generally a somewhat loose interpretation of a screen character. Historically the FISD doesn't reference toys as a basis for accuracy instead we use what's seen on screen and the artist's original concept.    

That said it would be nice to see this character brought to life. 

100% but it’s good to see them investing in the character beyond SW:R.

If Pyre is to feature at SW:GE as part of the #RedFury story it will be fascinating to see which kit they run with.

6 minutes ago, Harbinger said:

If they do indeed have a version of him at the parks I think that would be an acceptable basis for a CRL, IMO.

There is a discussion on legion boards about park characters and CRL's but no official stance as yet.

There is a discussion on legion boards about park characters and CRL's but no official stance as yet.

That’s good. There is a lot of interest in the FO Mountain Trooper from GE

For anyone wondering what a Mountain Trooper is

15dcbef5ac273a898e71d7b1bf3d404a.jpg01bc0111da4007fcd9d3393edf0c4770.jpg

"Guys we need something new, take what ever pieces you want from any Star Wars movie/series and put a new costume together, even if costume parts haven't been seen since before ANH":laugh1: Timeline people, timeline.

After the Shore and Tank troopers, then the Range and Patrol troopers it was inevitable that the First Order would get their own iteration.

I’m more interested to see the #RedFury. Bring it on!
1de2cc11d1974f5b369a5da44f527d7b.jpg

42 minutes ago, Harbinger said:

If they do indeed have a version of him at the parks I think that would be an acceptable basis for a CRL, IMO.

Not necessarily. The FOTK troopers currently at Disney parks are no where close to screen accurate. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Harbinger said:

But if that is the only reference outside of the cartoon, then what?

E.g. there wouldn’t be a screen accurate version.

That depends, CRL's have been built solely on figures (and packaging) before (ie: Black with red stripe FO Stormtrooper) BUT this is something new as some of these costumes seen are from a dedicated park which will be part of the timeline, perhaps some will even show up in EPIX, time will tell.

Galaxy’s Edge is set ­­­during the conflict between the Resistance and the First Order — i.e., in the middle of the current sequel trilogy. Special attention was paid to making sure the events here, and the relevance of Batuu, make sense within larger Star Wars storytelling. “We find this sweet spot [on the galactic map] where like, ‘Batuu can be here,’” said Hidalgo. “And if it’s here, this is what it means in terms of, where is it on the First Order’s path to what it is they’re doing? Where is it on the Resistance’s path to what it is they’re doing?” This concentration on history even extends to the set dressing of Batuu and Black Spire Outpost.

“Every little thing seems to have a backstory here,” added Martin. “When we’re making the films we kind of retroactively make up what the stories could be. But here, we were thinking of the stories as we went.”

And those stories involve ships and faces both familiar and strange.

• 4 weeks later...

Howdy fellow troopers! Been on hiatus for a while! I was super excited when I saw the Black Series Pyre. I really want to repaint my FOTK to be Commander Pyre. Aside from repainting my armor gold and matte black, I would just need black gloves and have to paint my boots. I recognize that unless Pyre shows up in IX, my variant wouldn’t be officially approvable since it isn’t the cartoon version. But, I really am digging this variant.

Any advice on specific paint colors or advice on painting my boots?

Me from a Christmas Parade several years ago and Pyre Black Series Fig

19ed50a64358b78cf388021131c8e133.png
9644a85049fc02ba3b12d5b57b40d5c6.jpg

You’ll actually need a lot of grey as well. The biceps, ab, belt boxes and handplates are all grey. So is the Pauldron.

Something in the range of Basalt is a good colour choice, and one I’ve been testing.

19dde3df713d1dd3bf5ef6c19bf655d4.jpg&key=beaf217751cde404b46aaa3d5a19cedd2f7e7f62b8936d20defd7ff3da14ab2b

You’d also need to add another set of boxes to your right shins as Pyre appears to have them in both.

ATG gloves from Imperial Boots would be the go. In addition they can make their FO boots in black. They’re making me a test pair.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mitcheg1 said:

Howdy fellow troopers! Been on hiatus for a while! I was super excited when I saw the Black Series Pyre. I really want to repaint my FOTK to be Commander Pyre. Aside from repainting my armor gold and matte black, I would just need black gloves and have to paint my boots. I recognize that unless Pyre shows up in IX, my variant wouldn’t be officially approvable since it isn’t the cartoon version. But, I really am digging this variant.

Any advice on specific paint colors or advice on painting my boots?

Me from a Christmas Parade several years ago and Pyre Black Series Fig

19ed50a64358b78cf388021131c8e133.png

Hey Greg long time no see brother. Pyre would be a awesome change up. Looking forward to your progress.

As for the colors my original thought was the LFL standby Humbro #5 judging by the hand guards and Pauldron but then realized that could just be the lighting, or not. The Pauldron and hand guards are a different shade compared to the torso and biceps, but then again we're looking at a toy which is generally not that accurate. Darren has a decent suggestion but I'd like to see if we can find color palette from the artists themselves. Pick your poison.