How much is a Tie Pilot?

I;m currently building my ANH TK Hero. My son is wanting to get into thins as well. He is interested in a Tie Pilot. I have only researched my TK. He is wondering how mush the Tie Pilot would be all in. Armor, Softgood, Boots, Blaster. I didn't know if it was comparable to my TK or not. Any help would be great. Thanks

-Keith

I think basically most costumes with armor end up around the same price.

Anovos has a set of armor no helmet for $650 and it’s preorder so you’ll probably have a while till you get it. Helmet is $450. Then you need everything else. If he’s looking for inexpensive I’d got a reserve pilot. I’m pretty sure the jump suit is the same so you’d have all the soft goods to eventually become a tie pilot. Still not the cheapest but a good costume. I’d look around on all the different detachment forums for someone selling something used if money is an issue and he’s not concerned with what he is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I personally will never buy Anovos', especially pre-orders due to a bad experience (ignored my emails and were months past due on my order. It took about 3 months instead of the supposed 10 days for my refund) and reading about so many others with complaints. I just pre-ordered a kids TK kit from Walt's (they have awesome customer service!!). The price was around 3/4 the price I paid from my adult kit. But that's just the hard shell... A TIE pilot has a lot less hard shell... Send them a message on Facebook for prices. They usually get back with you the next day at the latest (usually minutes)

So how old is your son?  Are we talking a 7 year old?  10 year old?  A grown teenager?  If we’re talking a smaller child then Yeah I would say Walt would be your only and best bet. If we are talking a grown son then Walt or Radu Plucinski makes nice looking armor. TBH you might as well not even go to the JRS forum. It’s pretty much a ghost town. They do most of their business on Facebook. 

I personally will never buy Anovos', especially pre-orders due to a bad experience (ignored my emails and were months past due on my order. It took about 3 months instead of the supposed 10 days for my refund) and reading about so many others with complaints. I just pre-ordered a kids TK kit from Walt's (they have awesome customer service!!). The price was around 3/4 the price I paid from my adult kit. But that's just the hard shell... A TIE pilot has a lot less hard shell... Send them a message on Facebook for prices. They usually get back with you the next day at the latest (usually minutes)

Completely agree with steering clear of them, just happened to look at that site for a quick price. The time spent waiting won’t be worth it at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our Garrison had an explosion of TIE pilots last year, TIE can be a bit more expensive than a TK, here is a quick breakdown:

1) Hard parts: Helmet, Chest box, Chest & Back pieces - US$500 - $800 depends on which vendor you purchase from

2) Belt, Gloves and Boots: check out Imperial Boots

3) Compad - US$15 (3d-printed locally)

4) Black Flight suit (must) & Officer Hat (optional) - US$180 (Tailored size by Eadu Armory)

You need not to throw cash and don it all at once. Get the soft parts first (2 3 4) and registered as a "TIE Reserve Pilot" with your garrison and start trooping, after that you can slowly build the hard parts and upgrade to a full TIE Pilot.

Edited by giskard8
  • Like 1

I can give you recommendations on various parts- can't go wrong with PhiloProps for dosimeters, for example.  (He's also a 501st Member of Italica Garrison).  Also if you're not a "standard" size, a custom flight suit is an option.  I got mine from Claudio (IOC boards) and love it.  

Also, don't forget the "gimme" costumes- a TI Reserve is the basis of a TIE Pilot, and take out the dosimeters and it's a ROTJ Crewman (IOC).  You get three for the price of just over one.  And then your hat and dosimeters can be applied to various Officers.  The jack boots cover around 50 different costumes between the Legions (I exaggerate on purpose but they cover a whole lot of different costumes).  

Hi. I think you will find a Tie Pilot can be the same price or more than your TK.  But as others have said, start with the boots, suit, belt and hat, and get approved as a reserve pilot.  and a crewman.  then gather the TI parts.

If he wants ti stand out, do a 181st pilot. less armor, different suit and cogs, so no three-bie costumes for free, but there are a lot less 181st pilots.