TK-22418 requesting TK_ANH_Stunt EIB Status (RS Props) (884)

Name: Ian Malinoski 

Forum name: WodiQuix

Legion ID: 22418 

Armor maker: RS Props 

Helmet maker: RS Props 

Blaster: Jake Klare 

Boots maker: ImperialBoots 

Canvas belt: Imperial Issue 

Hand plate type: white latex 

Electronics: Amazon

Neck seal maker: Anovos 

Holster maker: TrooperBay

cROiHLx.jpg

UmI7FSU.jpg

eMq902m.jpg

wbtU2Ux.jpg

O1xCyaz.jpg

ZrrkX8g.jpg

FYiSObR.jpg

S1IZYPD.jpg

bw1cKyb.jpg

CSWhXCu.jpg

S8hD8K7.jpg

Cashkmh.jpg

NcZIT2A.jpg

P97CFkd.jpg

aJAdJZq.jpg

oIulans.jpg

rGjtrtK.jpg

OAlNUsV.jpg

qtI3iSe.jpg

LMqJuT4.jpg

68d5AU8.jpg

cYlsCLX.jpg

gjztiVu.jpg

kP7J6En.jpg

Please let me know if I need to take any more pictures. Hoping I did well. Thank you for your consideration! :) :dancing-trooper:

Apologies again! Here's some more of the necessary photos (I decided to do the submission late at night). The cod strapping, sniper knee plate and the thigh ammo knee with painted split rivet. 

gsNZ3ja.jpg

232bBoz.jpg

JFxTnvw.jpg

Wg7J1Kd.jpg

rF2pNje.jpg

T7jx3Xe.jpg

Nice work, a couple of things I would suggest, move the brow up a little, the Hero helmets had the lower brow where the Stunt versions you could normally see a little white under the brow trim.

I would also remove some of the extra grey paint on the teeth, you have some extra on the gums. Also looks like you could remove a little black paint from your vocoder on the sides, compare to the image below.

CSWhXCu.jpg DaveMANH01.jpg

As mentioned your ears don't appear to be back far enough on the bottom, not just for the angle of screws but you can see some bumps and recess areas on the back of helmet, ears should cover these areas.

Cashkmh.jpg   origBrside1.jpg

Normally there is a gap between the cod snaps

232bBoz.jpg gallery_12157_16_50082-cropb.jpg

Good luck with approval

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Nice work, a couple of things I would suggest, move the brow up a little, the Hero helmets had the lower brow where the Stunt versions you could normally see a little white under the brow trim.

I would also remove some of the extra grey paint on the teeth, you have some extra on the gums. Also looks like you could remove a little black paint from your vocoder on the sides, compare to the image below.

CSWhXCu.jpg DaveMANH01.jpg

As mentioned your ears don't appear to be back far enough on the bottom, not just for the angle of screws but you can see some bumps and recess areas on the back of helmet, ears should cover these areas.

Cashkmh.jpg   origBrside1.jpg

Normally there is a gap between the cod snaps

232bBoz.jpg gallery_12157_16_50082-cropb.jpg

Good luck with approval

Thanks! I've already moved my brow as much as it can go up. It looks pretty good, now! 

Edited by WodiQuix

Hi Ian, and thanks for for submission!  One of us will be with you shortly, but in the meantime could you post up a close-up side view of your TD screws?  Thanks!! 

Here are the TD screw close-ups. 

eCMk3Qd.jpg

jtc925O.jpg

cPtFuBy.jpg

As I said previously I also moved up my brow trim as much as it could go. In addition, I decided to make my painted ab buttons smaller to more closely match the sizes of the ones seen in ANH. 

GnPJwQg.jpg

gQyAjA1.jpg

We are all set to go, Ian.  All that we need at this point is a rear photo of the D-ring on your blaster.  Almost there!  Thanks...

Hi Ian, and thank you for your EI submission!

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All required submission photos have been posted, and I am very pleased to announce your armor displays all the necessary elements to qualify for ANH Stunt Expert Infantry. On behalf of myself and the entire D.O. staff, congratulations!     :salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:

In this section we review observations made by your fellow troopers and ourselves. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor.

First, I would like to say nice job on this armor, Ian!  Not too many issues to address, but since you did such a great overall job I feel confident that you will take these suggestions to heart and push the envelope a little farther to take this RS kit all the way to Centurion!  Let's get started from the top, sir..

There has been a bit of discussion on this issue as of late, but we feel that your brow should be raised just a bit to better reflect the majority as seen in the original trilogy.

Reference image

isAU0Ng.jpg?1    TnOGTLq.jpg?1

Your ears at this point are more vertical than they should be.  In a perfect world, the bottoms should angle toward the back, which would also cover the rough area behind them.

Reference image                                                                       

P8paGSr.jpg?1    ywGgtK7.jpg?1

Your vocoder could use a bit more definition.  The size overall is good and you won't need remove any of the black, but a few strokes of paint would certainly even it out and give it a tighter look.

Reference image

uBr4Wqy.jpg    8wFvNRs.jpg?1

For better symmetry,  your right bicep could be dropped an inch or so that it is the same level as the left one.  A simple strap adjustment should easily take care of this.

Reference image

T3XSPfz.jpg?1  xzOh6uh.jpg?1

Nice trimming on the large ab-button plate, but the smaller one could stand to be reduced some.  Note in the reference image that the corners are squared, not rounded.  Also, the paint on the buttons is ideally smaller than the actual button itself

2aQOrDI.jpg

Reference image

QMCxstI.jpg?2

Great job on having no gap between them, but the posterior plate should sit flush with the kidney.  Tightening up the connections/strapping should remedy this.

Reference images

9ZQowgc.jpg    WOvE20H.jpg?1  kkGnxBe.jpg?2

Not a deal breaker, but in a perfect world the posterior plate snaps should have a space between them.

Reference image

vTGTvEa.jpg?2    KUKxeot.jpg?1

The ridges are right where they need to be, but we are suggesting that you remove a portion of the top of the sniper knee plate,  2 minutes with a Dremel would make this look a lot better.

Reference image

3XZgEec.jpg?1   kg8w9Ve.jpg?2

As per the CRL for basic approval for gloves,  The fingers are enclosed, non-textured .  We realize that it is difficult to find black rubber ones with no texture on the underside of the fingers and we routinely allow that type, but the texture should not extend to the tops.

Reference image                                                       

IPMspp9.jpg   VBRgnBY.jpg?1

There are a few minor issues on your blaster that can be easily remedied.  The first is that your scope looks to have a bit too much brass weathering, and in the second photo it appears to have been painted with a completely different shade of black than the rest of the weapon.

t40PPeP.jpg  sDQy9o4.jpg

Reference images

KpDY5QJ.jpg?1   RFpmrIE.jpg?1    AZS3wKN.jpg?1

Your T-tracks should not have any weathering on them.  The originals were made of black plastic, so no "metal" look should be present.

6qKOBk6.jpg  

Reference images

KRsQu82.jpg?1  3dVv7Dd.jpg?1

Some careful time with a can of black spray paint would make this awesome looking blaster look even better!

Centurion Suggestions:
In this section we prepare you for Centurion.  More photos may be requested that allow us to make better decisions on possible adjustment etc. If there are any areas of concern they will be discussed here.

Because Centurion photos show much more detail than EIB, items pertaining to Centurion might be seen there and not here. We try to point out all we can from what is seen but the final accuracy is the responsibility of the trooper.

As noted by by a fellow trooper, your frown has a couple of issues, but these are pretty easy fixes.  As per the CRL for basic approval, the paint "...does not leave the teeth area".  Removing the paint above the red line shown as well as on the top of the next to last tooth on the left (circled) to match the right one would get you where you need to be.

LmA7Mi9.jpg

Reference image

pUBGNbe.jpg?1

You are super close, but ideally there is no gap between the ab and kidney on either side.  In your case, simply tightening up your belt should do the trick.

rnxqJ3V.jpg    JHvhRpa.jpg?1

Reference images

BWAzgyo.jpg?1    9VtFXLk.jpg?1

It appears that you over trimmed the angles at the ends of you ABS belt.  As per the CRL for level 3, 

• The corners of the plastic ammo belt shall be trimmed at a 45 degree angle that that meets the outer edge of the cloth belt.

HPLZdvr.jpg?1     k0Q3E9p.jpg?1

Again, a nice overall job, Ian.  As the saying goes, "The devil is in the detail(s)", and the higher levels (especially Centurion) reflect this.  Now get out there and make the Ohio Garrison proud as it's newest Expert Infantryman... you earned it!  

• justjoseph63 changed the title to TK-22418 requesting TK_ANH_Stunt EIB Status (RS Props) (884)

Congratulations trooper and welcome to the EI ranks, a few modifications and you’ll be ready for centurion