Holster question

Hello guys,im making my own holster but actually im stucked at some point cause i miss some visual reference.

I used this pattern which is very good for measurements but not so precise on other details

----------

But the question is: HOW THE BACK OF TH SECURING STRING IS ATTACHED TO THE HOLSTER?

I couldnt find how, i literally checked more than one time every stormtrooper scene and still im not sure. It doesnt seems is fixed via rivet cause i couldnt see any ones from any screenshot. Maybe is sewed? I dunno...

Do you have some screen used prop pic of the holster?

Thanks

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

• 1 month later...

Just jumping on this thread to question the template link since I seem to be finding stacks of variants on the Troopermaster template and it’s proving tricky to find out which the ‘definitive one’ is.

Is the above link the ‘definitive’/2019 version of the template?

If so...I’d like to ask a question...

I’m struggling to work out the shape of the cutout on the left hand side of the holster. I get that the top edges are 0.5” each, and the centre of the cutout is 2.5” which is 1.75” in from either edge... (1.75 + 2.5 + 1.75. = 6” the width of the left hand piece)

But as far as I can figure the template is missing one essential measurement - the vertical depth of the cut out.  

I have an alternative version of the same template that says the cutout is 1.5” deep when measured down the line of the fold, but that version of the template has the top edges at 1.25” not 0.5” as the above linked version (which doesn’t show this measurement at all)

So, can anyone confirm that the above template is the one we’re supposed to be working with? 

And how far down the fold must I measure to work out where the bottom of the cut out is supposed to be?

I hope I’ve managed to explain myself. I’m ready to launch into some leatherwork but this last little detail is baffling me!

Many thanks

Just eyeball the contours.  No two commercial vendors makes an identical holster.  They're all fine.  No need to worry about millimeters of difference. :)

Do a mockup in cardboard to make sure you're in the right ballpark, and you're in business!