Trying to find an E-11

Thrawndike bar

Yeah they have work to be done with them. But as for approval they are good and the pipe kit is affordable if you're on a budget.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

I was planning on doing one of them, and may still do one, but I have a THG props solid rubber blaster. It is heavy so I'm still considering getting a pipe kit.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, Thrawndike bar said:

Thanks! I looked at a build thread for the doopydoo's blaster kit. It seemed like there were a lot of large areas that needed to be ground down, and small spots that needed to be filled in.

If you just want an E11 that will pass, 99% of those build changes you see don't need to be done.  You could buy the resin kit, glue it together, spray it black and call it done.  The only gotcha for EIB is the rear D ring (well more of a round rect) needs to be added but I did get one in the kit, even if it wasn't great.

All the mods you see people do is to make up for some of the detail loss that was needed to be able to make these castings cheaply.  Things like holes and deep grooves are filled in so that there's no deep holes in the mould that are prone to tearing.  The longer a mould lasts, the cheaper each casting can be.

• Like 1