TK-81489 Requesting ANH EIB Status (WTF) (885)

Hi Corey,

I believe we are up to date with pictures. Just in the process of running through your application. Shouldn’t be too long, Trooper. :-)

Ok thank you. Just wanted to make sure I wasnt missing any photos or anything.

Thank you all for your time and all the info and updates for my armor. I have been hard at work.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hi Corey,

Thanks again for providing the extra photos requested. 

At this stage, I'm afraid we have hit a small road block with the Hove-Tips. The CRL requests "Correct 'Hovi mic' aerator tips." and when looking closer, the mesh on your current Hovi is quite fine and they are black inside. What we would suggest to move forward for EIB is to paint the insides white and replace the mesh with something closer to the originals.

EnlggZP.jpg

Hopefully this shouldn't take too much extra work to achieve, so just post updated photos of your helmet when the new mic tips are installed and we can carry on with your app. (No need to kit up again). 

Thanks in advance,

Dan

Level two certification (if applicable):

• Ears shall have three screws per side, one above and one below the ear bar and one at the base of the helmet.
  • Ear bars have four bumps only, Not three.
  • Traps/tears and tube stripes shall have the correct ANH TK details.
  • Correct 'Hovi mic' aerator tips.
  • Like 1

Thank you. I have been trying to find hovi mic tips that are white in the inside but having little luck. As I said before I did not build my helmet and when I took mine off to see if I could take them apart I don't think it will be an option so if anyone knows where I can get a proper kit or some premade please let me know.

14 minutes ago, Imperial FoST said:

Thank you. I have been trying to find hovi mic tips that are white in the inside but having little luck. As I said before I did not build my helmet and when I took mine off to see if I could take them apart I don't think it will be an option so if anyone knows where I can get a proper kit or some premade please let me know.

No need to get a new set of hovi tips, Corey!  The easiest thing to do is remove the screens and paint the inside white.  Tony sells the screens for $3.00 per set (includes shipping), and they are actually pretty easy to install.  https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/40706-fs-ukswraths-hovi-tip-screen/

I recommend removing the hovi-tips from your bucket first, but it is a not a necessity if you are careful.  If you have any issues removing them just PM me and I will help you figure it out.  

• Like 2

No need to get a new set of hovi tips, Corey!  The easiest thing to do is remove the screens and paint the inside white.  Tony sells the screens for $3.00 per set (includes shipping), and they are actually pretty easy to install.  https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/40706-fs-ukswraths-hovi-tip-screen/

I recommend removing the hovi-tips from your bucket first, but it is a not a necessity if you are careful.  If you have any issues removing them just PM me and I will help you figure it out.  

Just ordered a set. Hope I can get it all taken care of. Thank you.

Ah yes, Joseph beat me to it.

Joseph’s right. No need to buy new ones. Changing the mesh and painting the inside is the easiest option.

Here’s one way that the mesh can be installed.

I’m sure there are other methods, too.

Look forward to seeing back soon, Corey. You got this! :-)
  • Like 1

I believe I once saw that a chapstick tube is nearly the perfect size for shaping them.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Ah yes, Joseph beat me to it.

Joseph’s right. No need to buy new ones. Changing the mesh and painting the inside is the easiest option.

Here’s one way that the mesh can be installed.

I’m sure there are other methods, too.

Look forward to seeing back soon, Corey. You got this! :-)
Just waiting on my screens to come in then I'll put them back together and get some photos for you.

I cut mine with a soft wire cutter, while making minute cuts going in a circular direction. When I tried putting it in, and it did my quite fit, I just made more cuts in the spot that was having a hard time going in. The first one was a little difficult, but after it went in the second one was much easier.

• Like 1

Hi Corey, and thank you for your EI submission!

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All required submission photos have been posted and I am very pleased to announce your armor displays all the necessary elements to qualify for Expert Infantry. On behalf myself and the entire D.O. staff, congratulations!     :salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:

In this section we review observations made by your fellow troopers and ourselves. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor.

Firstly, thank you for swapping out those Hovi-Tips - the new ones look much better! Moving on to the rest of your armour, let's start from the top and work our way down.

Overall, your helmet looks really nicely put together. There are some areas which could be improved, which we will run through below.

At present, your ears seems to have quite a lot of extra material to them. If you're up for the challenge, you could consider trimming them down to achieve a slightly neater look. 

Also, your grey tears below the eyes might be a little on the small side. You could consider extending the paint to fill those tears a little more.

WzwyKr4.jpg

Reference

uWOLrpm.jpg

As below, if you were to consider trimming down the ears a little, you could consider leaning the left ear forward a little to match your right ear. This would help to cover the excess of the face plate that is showing from under the ear. It will also bring the angle of the ear a little closer to some of the screen used examples. 

8LD2NoY.jpg

Suggested trim lines for the ears.

vC9xYMQ.jpg

Reference;

kzHSzdf.jpg

Suggested trim lines.
ttYefHJ.jpg

Reference

5ZRRFhX.jpg

Round to the front, as it stands your frown paint looks like it could be extended a little on the teeth. There is quite a bit of white on show above and below the grey paint. Whilst this was the case on a few screen used examples, you could consider filling it out a little, like the example below.

We would also suggest evening out the vocoder paint by matching the right hand side to the left. 

NB, as a side note, you might see a slight difference in the tube stripes against the reference photo. This is a very common occurrence when the tube stripe templates are applied to the opposite sides. If you were looking to go all out at some point with your armour, you could consider re-doing them so that the front few stripes lean towards the frown.  

Ma5qrqO.jpg

Moving down to your limbs, you currently have quite large gaps at the elbow. Although it's hard to tell from these pictures, it looks like your biceps and forearms might be a little on the big side, too. For a sleeker look, you could consider trimming down the circumference of the biceps and forearms (leaving about a fingers width around the arms), tapering the forearms towards the wrist, and lowering the biceps closer to the forearms. Reducing the girth of the biceps might also help to bring the shoulder bells closer to your chest armour.

Also marked in this picture is the excess material above the ammo packs on the plastic belt. There is currently at least a few millimetres that could be trimmed off.

k4XxZRn.jpg

Belt reference;

FwvuD1J.jpg?1

It might also be worth taking another look at your thigh ammo pack. This is currently leaning quite significantly and is possibly mounted too far round to the left side (when viewed from the front. Various screen references show that the third of the five ammo packs is usually mounted a little off centre but to the right of the coverstrip (again, when viewed from the front). Here’s an example of what I mean. 

cfJKUWm.jpg

This is could be down to the specifics of the armour and the ammo pack, or, it could simply be mounted to far around. We’d be happy to make suggestions if you wanted to provide additional angles of photos after your review. 

Round the back, it looks like your kidney has slipped down under the butt plate. This has possibly lead to the slight gap between the back plate and the kidney. The butt and kidney should sit nicely against each other rather than overlap. Adjusting your strapping should help to keep the kidney close to the back plate and stop the overlap of the butt.

We've also highlighted your rear cover strip on your right thigh. Compared with the left one, it appears to be a little angled rather than straight up and down. Depending on the cut lines underneath, this could be a simple case of removing and reapplying the cover strip. 

rQJazd8.jpg

Reference: Thighs

yPy6tw0.jpg

This shot also shows the butt plate overlapping the kidney. Adjusting the strapping should remedy this. 
Y2pOdHh.jpg

Reference: butt plate

A3Jopc8.jpg

As below, your ab plates and buttons could so with a little TLC. The smaller of the button plates could do with some additional trimming to lose all of the return edge and flashing. As per the reference photo, this should be quite flat with square edges. 

If you wanted to, you could also consider reducing the size of the painted buttons themselves. 

JPdcHHi.jpg

A couple things come to mind regarding your TD. As you'll see below, we've highlighted the size of the detail plate on top of the main tube, but also potentially the length of the complete TD. They are usually around 190.5cm in length. It might be just the photo, however, yours looks like it might be a little long or a smaller diameter than the screen used versions. To help with the overall look, you could consider reducing the length of the details plate on top, roughly where the red lines are marked below. 

Gfls0ky.jpg

On to your blaster, the weathering is a little strong in places. (I know that this is a pre-finished unit so this is no reflection on your build). Areas that might be worth looking at would be to tone down the brass effect on the scope, and also considering repainting the handle - the original handles were made of plastic so would not have the weathering effect that yours currently has. 

ve1aae5.jpg

Blaster handle/grip ref:

373OPxW.jpg?1

Centurion Suggestions:

In this section we prepare you for Centurion.  More photos are requested that allow us to make better decisions on possible adjustment etc. If there are any areas of concern they will be discussed here. Because Centurion photos show much more detail than EIB, items pertaining to Centurion might be seen there and not here. We try to point out all we can from what is seen but the final accuracy is the responsibility of the trooper.

If you wanted to move up to Centurion, there are a few areas that would need to be addressed, as per the L3 requirements of the CRL. These would include, but are not exclusive to, the below;

Looking closer at your belt, the holster attachments are a little on the high side. As per the reference photo, these were traditionally a little lower on the screen used suits. 

As we touched on before in a previous photo, there is quite a bit of excess material above and below the the ammo boxes on the plastic belt. Also, the corners are a little over cut at this stage. As per the below mark up, you could consider trimming down the excess and adjusting the corners. This would also allow you to get the correct drop box alignment. 

CRL: The corners of the plastic ammo belt shall be trimmed at a 45 degree angle that that meets the outer edge of the cloth belt.

Drop boxes are vertically aligned with the end of the ammo belt with minimal gap between belt and box.

Bf8oTep.jpg

Belt and holster references;

O66gCSq.jpg?1

Holster attachment;
23UDBu0.jpg

Additional areas for L3 include;

• Side gaps (Ideally there no gap between the abdomen and kidney armor)
  • Side rivets (need to be present and close in appearance to screen used)
  • Han Snap (must be present and correctly positioned)
  • Rubber/flexible hand guards
  • Elastic for shoulder bridges

Also, some of the above suggestions, like some of the armour alignment issues, would likely come up again at L3 as Centurion is all about the finer details. 

Congratulations once more on achieving your EIB. We hope to see you back for L3 in the future. :salute:

• Like 1

• CableGuy changed the title to TK-81489 Requesting ANH EIB Status (WTF) (885)

Hi Corey, and thank you for your EI submission!

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All required submission photos have been posted and I am very pleased to announce your armor displays all the necessary elements to qualify for Expert Infantry. On behalf myself and the entire D.O. staff, congratulations!     :salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:

In this section we review observations made by your fellow troopers and ourselves. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor.

Firstly, thank you for swapping out those Hovi-Tips - the new ones look much better! Moving on to the rest of your armour, let's start from the top and work our way down.

Overall, your helmet looks really nicely put together. There are some areas which could be improved, which we will run through below.

At present, your ears seems to have quite a lot of extra material to them. If you're up for the challenge, you could consider trimming them down to achieve a slightly neater look. 

Also, your grey tears below the eyes might be a little on the small side. You could consider extending the paint to fill those tears a little more.

WzwyKr4.jpg&key=41ee020666aaa533cee4151186d4cb4cfc1ed94c7519a0d41d1d34f21f09097c

Reference

uWOLrpm.jpg&key=8b4d1a4c6616a75067045baf83b84f5c70d1363ca0553e8579f175d6de750b23

As below, if you were to consider trimming down the ears a little, you could consider leaning the left ear forward a little to match your right ear. This would help to cover the excess of the face plate that is showing from under the ear. It will also bring the angle of the ear a little closer to some of the screen used examples. 

8LD2NoY.jpg&key=472a95ba83db5e1cd10551f02edfaa5df34bcbbe9bbd021040fb698b129b42ee

Suggested trim lines for the ears.

vC9xYMQ.jpg&key=76d96218c233514ac3c8e5d8aaecc0bc727397e0824e116b615e119aacd35c16

Reference;

kzHSzdf.jpg&key=8a8ab9b6abf6278ae257cd180eef26760431390b47d985b9ef6fb210f92a2ca6

Suggested trim lines.
ttYefHJ.jpg&key=417a2d64bdb07e5fc46bc07766b97b9c8ad41289e23e222a4a7c667715a13972

Reference

5ZRRFhX.jpg&key=2eeef73597cde32f927d86fcb6df056c3ab80cb6bb7a43ae3e6e7aaeadb1e234

Round to the front, as it stands your frown paint looks like it could be extended a little on the teeth. There is quite a bit of white on show above and below the grey paint. Whilst this was the case on a few screen used examples, you could consider filling it out a little, like the example below.

We would also suggest evening out the vocoder paint by matching the right hand side to the left. 

NB, as a side note, you might see a slight difference in the tube stripes against the reference photo. This is a very common occurrence when the tube stripe templates are applied to the opposite sides. If you were looking to go all out at some point with your armour, you could consider re-doing them so that the front few stripes lean towards the frown.  

Ma5qrqO.jpg&key=6da6e5f581651f2bce4fecaa4c461441c2e4d4c0f505c0339b438d0e6f2d6b64

Moving down to your limbs, you currently have quite large gaps at the elbow. Although it's hard to tell from these pictures, it looks like your biceps and forearms might be a little on the big side, too. For a sleeker look, you could consider trimming down the circumference of the biceps and forearms (leaving about a fingers width around the arms), tapering the forearms towards the wrist, and lowering the biceps closer to the forearms. Reducing the girth of the biceps might also help to bring the shoulder bells closer to your chest armour.

Also marked in this picture is the excess material above the ammo packs on the plastic belt. There is currently at least a few millimetres that could be trimmed off.

k4XxZRn.jpg&key=32954deda7e49cf011bfee2dfccb65cf8334261ac1e25bec80c72f251e83ccdb

Belt reference;

FwvuD1J.jpg?1&key=75845345775be3708ac1bc866a18824be39cf782c3e4d7e67476942a04d78f58

It might also be worth taking another look at your thigh ammo pack. This is currently leaning quite significantly and is possibly mounted too far round to the left side (when viewed from the front. Various screen references show that the third of the five ammo packs is usually mounted a little off centre but to the right of the coverstrip (again, when viewed from the front). Here’s an example of what I mean. 

cfJKUWm.jpg&key=570b6396123664f44388eea9d84d5f8c17fc86231a1cbd18af57406144e82bcd

This is could be down to the specifics of the armour and the ammo pack, or, it could simply be mounted to far around. We’d be happy to make suggestions if you wanted to provide additional angles of photos after your review. 

Round the back, it looks like your kidney has slipped down under the butt plate. This has possibly lead to the slight gap between the back plate and the kidney. The butt and kidney should sit nicely against each other rather than overlap. Adjusting your strapping should help to keep the kidney close to the back plate and stop the overlap of the butt.

We've also highlighted your rear cover strip on your right thigh. Compared with the left one, it appears to be a little angled rather than straight up and down. Depending on the cut lines underneath, this could be a simple case of removing and reapplying the cover strip. 

rQJazd8.jpg&key=ba1bb37b009421e2ee5113ce2d9d1fb3123cc376d71f946e5c97103c96bbff7c

Reference: Thighs

yPy6tw0.jpg&key=0fac94800cc0c2b1d171c7518513e8bb5b36784ab433e70e2c49a0565571fcfb

This shot also shows the butt plate overlapping the kidney. Adjusting the strapping should remedy this. 
Y2pOdHh.jpg&key=3337d043cf278818d607b055bb0872fbc31771ddda96493441f13a2c5dbc6be4

Reference: butt plate

A3Jopc8.jpg&key=d28e188359f26218046c2191b7028c67e7da658ace8a32127d0385fa8a04b4d2

As below, your ab plates and buttons could so with a little TLC. The smaller of the button plates could do with some additional trimming to lose all of the return edge and flashing. As per the reference photo, this should be quite flat with square edges. 

If you wanted to, you could also consider reducing the size of the painted buttons themselves. 

JPdcHHi.jpg&key=1784f5ce08d26889331ee0f85bf373be8aa348f8bac1401f109685f35c34db12

A couple things come to mind regarding your TD. As you'll see below, we've highlighted the size of the detail plate on top of the main tube, but also potentially the length of the complete TD. They are usually around 190.5cm in length. It might be just the photo, however, yours looks like it might be a little long or a smaller diameter than the screen used versions. To help with the overall look, you could consider reducing the length of the details plate on top, roughly where the red lines are marked below. 

Gfls0ky.jpg&key=7ac802c570fbf6941bbafefd64219e10669e90b26d3b2d3cb4a7ee672acdbc21

On to your blaster, the weathering is a little strong in places. (I know that this is a pre-finished unit so this is no reflection on your build). Areas that might be worth looking at would be to tone down the brass effect on the scope, and also considering repainting the handle - the original handles were made of plastic so would not have the weathering effect that yours currently has. 

ve1aae5.jpg&key=67bf32239fae8222ec0bf8bad15dc06aae8500ee0ff0fd0a9dac9014b92ce5ab

Blaster handle/grip ref:

373OPxW.jpg?1&key=7bcc25b8e4bced1e9790b9e075429437b2c7fd1067cd1c099184ef3087d66973

Centurion Suggestions:

In this section we prepare you for Centurion.  More photos are requested that allow us to make better decisions on possible adjustment etc. If there are any areas of concern they will be discussed here. Because Centurion photos show much more detail than EIB, items pertaining to Centurion might be seen there and not here. We try to point out all we can from what is seen but the final accuracy is the responsibility of the trooper.

If you wanted to move up to Centurion, there are a few areas that would need to be addressed, as per the L3 requirements of the CRL. These would include, but are not exclusive to, the below;

Looking closer at your belt, the holster attachments are a little on the high side. As per the reference photo, these were traditionally a little lower on the screen used suits. 

As we touched on before in a previous photo, there is quite a bit of excess material above and below the the ammo boxes on the plastic belt. Also, the corners are a little over cut at this stage. As per the below mark up, you could consider trimming down the excess and adjusting the corners. This would also allow you to get the correct drop box alignment. 

CRL: The corners of the plastic ammo belt shall be trimmed at a 45 degree angle that that meets the outer edge of the cloth belt.

Drop boxes are vertically aligned with the end of the ammo belt with minimal gap between belt and box.

Bf8oTep.jpg&key=bcce809e89d24d5a8b31e78c2402d7ded1cd507f0da2f6cf3cf983a8d2a1b8f4

Belt and holster references;

O66gCSq.jpg?1&key=1276330da69d9f1da512fe183c9e4b09a732e8f0549cf806657f1fdc6305de30

Holster attachment;
23UDBu0.jpg&key=ed0b8ed8f585ec28092aae1b2f706bc49da496f644c13819726e0939998f5d60

Additional areas for L3 include;

• Side gaps (Ideally there no gap between the abdomen and kidney armor)
  • Side rivets (need to be present and close in appearance to screen used)
  • Han Snap (must be present and correctly positioned)
  • Rubber/flexible hand guards
  • Elastic for shoulder bridges

Also, some of the above suggestions, like some of the armour alignment issues, would likely come up again at L3 as Centurion is all about the finer details. 

Congratulations once more on achieving your EIB. We hope to see you back for L3 in the future. :salute:

Thank you@CableGuy and everyone who has helped me accomplish EIB and making my armor look much better. I'm pumped. I have already changed a few things on my helmet and other areas such as my belt that you pointed put. I just need to do a little at a time and maybe become centurion one day.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...