FISD @ Celebration Chicago 2019 - Patch Contest (Winner announced. Run Open!)

Harbinger

FISD @ Celebration Chicago 2019 - Patch Contest

:dancing-trooper:  ATTENTION TROOPERS!!!  :dancing-trooper:

Feeling creative? Want to see your artwork and creativity immortalized and worn (and traded!) by hundreds at the biggest Star Wars event in the world? We are holding a contest to come up with an original FISD inspired patch design for Star Wars Celebration Chicago this April.  The finished product will have it's own sales thread here and will be available for order as soon as possible!

Contest Rules

1. The competition is open today, January 5th, through midnight (PST) January 31st, at which time a poll will be opened so that everyone can vote on the design they like best. 
  2. This contest is open to all members! (If you can see this post, you can enter.)
  3. There is no limit to the number of designs you can enter, and the shape can be round, chevron, etc.
  4. You are welcome (and encouraged) to reference our official logos and colors at the bottom of this post to incorporate into your design.
  5. Designs must have the full detachment name, 501st Legion name, date of the event (April 11-15, 2019), and LFL copyright if room is available.
  6. All entries become the property of the FISD / 501st Legion.

FISD Image/Color Reference:

WFae5zK.png

The winner will be announced in the February Newsletter. In addition, the winner will receive TWO (2) free patches of their design and some other cool swag (TBD) but most importantly, serious bragging rights!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

2nd day of 40deg celsius (that's 104 for you using the old scale) boredom won.

i01wCdS.png

Variant

GIzImSv.png

• Like 3

17 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

2nd day of 40deg celsius (that's 104 for you using the old scale) boredom won.

i01wCdS.png

Variant

GIzImSv.png

I like how you kept the same feel & style as the 501st merch as well! 

• Like 1

So, this is quite a bit different than I envisioned. Also, I know I missed some things, read on and I'll explain :P

At first this was going to be a more dynamic, action-pose type of thing...it looked completely different. But I decided to pare it down a bit. Full disclosure: I'm not an expert on embroidery or patch design; my strength is in designing shirts as you can probably tell :) So I don't even know if this will work, but it's at least done 100% in vector format, so digitizing it shouldn't be too big an issue if it comes to it. It can be rearranged quite a bit, at any rate.

ITQ81XO.png

I know, I totally missed the note about the shape. Sorry.

And the date. That can be added later of course. Easily.

So, even though this is my "entry," I'm now aware that it won't work. Well, it would make a cool shirt I think. Even though I don't love the banner at the top.

Anyway, maybe it could be a starting point. Any ideas? :)

• Like 2

If you swapped the 501st and FISD text around and changed the date to arabic numerals instead of roman I'd say you'd be on the right track. You could also pull the troopers inside the ring and then it'd be round-ish.