ATA ARMOR QUESTION

Here's mine I'm 6'

9EqVIjy.jpg

Shoulder bells are a little small on me, I've also had to pull up my shins and drop my thighs a little to reduce the gap around my knees, there's also a bigger gap around the elbows and I have a small gap between the backplates.

At 6'3" I'd say you'd end up with some bigger gaps, hopefully some other tall ATA wearers will chime in.

Great thread here with info for larger troopers so you can compare.

length is less important than width. how big around are you, and are you going for more than basic approval?

I am 5 foot 8, 170 pounds, long legs and arms, short torso.  33 inseam and if i was an inch taller in the legs theyd be perfect.

midesectionwise, I have no shims, and am about 100 cm around the navel (39 inches).  any bigger and you will need shims, or have black spaces.

i would suggest AM for taller buklier folks, and AP has extended ab and kidney sections for more robust tummies.

I am 6’2” and 240lbs. I have an Anovos Kit, and made proper mods to fit in. While I’m not familiar with ATA, I’m sure similar methods can be used to make the armor work.

• Like 1

I think you'd be okay with ATA, I don't know much personally, but I've heard good things.  I do know for sure RT Mod and AM are good for taller and bigger troopers, so they are also options.  Generally if you're within a few inches either way (more important when taller, rather than shorter, because you can shorten pieces, but lengthening is another story) of the original guys, then you're generally good.  

• 10 months later...
Here's mine I'm 6'

Shoulder bells are a little small on me, I've also had to pull up my shins and drop my thighs a little to reduce the gap around my knees, there's also a bigger gap around the elbows and I have a small gap between the backplates.

I’m 6’ even and about 185 lbs, and hoping to purchase an ATA kit in he next several days. Should I expect to need to do any shimming to attain Centurion status?

Thanks for your insight!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

27 minutes ago, MaskedVengeance said:

I’m 6’ even and about 185 lbs, and hoping to purchase an ATA kit in he next several days. Should I expect to need to do any shimming to attain Centurion status?

Thanks for your insight!

Really depends on gaps, I know the DO's prefer smaller gaps between elbows, thighs, shins and shoulder bells. 

Take a look through some of the recent centurion approvals for comparison ;) 

On 1/5/2019 at 6:01 PM, gmrhodes13 said:

Here's mine I'm 6'

9EqVIjy.jpg

At 6'3" I'd say you'd end up with some bigger gaps, hopefully some other tall ATA wearers will chime in.

Great thread here with info for larger troopers so you can compare.

I like your walker pet. Now I need one.

• Like 1