ANH Boots question

Yes be sure there are no seams other than the ones on the side under the elastic.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Yeah same paint all around. Be sure to mask off the soles though as they should be black.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Thrawndike bar said:

Thanks! I'll make sure to mask them off.

Here is a pic of a screen used (painted Chelsea) boot that may help, Caleb.  It's a little beat-up, but you get the idea.

gh16mU1.jpg?1

26 minutes ago, swibowoj said:

Use industrial acetone wipe on your leather part before painting white.

Excellent suggestion, Wibowo.  Otherwise you would have problems with adhesion.

Those may work for basic approval, Caleb, but the elastic opening on the side should have a U-shape, and those look to have a tear-drop shape.  Your GML will be the one to make that call, but the U shape (as seen in the photo I posted earlier) would be required for higher levels.  They correct ones are out there, it may just take some more searching.

I would also look for ones that are a bit taller.  The reason being is so that the tops won't slip out from underneath your calf armor bottoms quite so easily.

Yeah, I noticed the odd elastic shape.  I wasn't sure if it would be a problem for EIB and Centurion or not.  I just thought I'd ask.  They were cheaper than most of the boots on Amazon.  Any within my price range either had brown soles, stitching on the front, or non-flat soles.  

I am going the same route. Already got the boots.  One suggestion,  don't use acetone on leather..it will dry it out and cause cracks.  If you are buying leather boots there are several products made for changing the color with paint.  One is a specific leather recolor prep solution.    My boots are "Man Made Materials", which acetone should be okay with.  Good luck

• 2 weeks later...

They are fine all the way to L3 Centurion. You can always purchased finished boots, Imperial Boots make a nice pair. Really depends on the look and how often you will troop, paint/dye will rub off over time.