Armor modding

So this will be a two part question about modding an armor.

1: The Armor color and shine.

If we take the First order troopers here, the quality and " freshness " of their armor is as far as i can tell the majority of the option cosplayers go for.

gwzigec.jpg

However, looking at these troopers, they are quite opposite of that and more or less seems like they have been in the field for quite some time..

dgmbgkG.jpg

Question here is, is it just a fluke that you don´t see too many armors with a heavy patina, or is it just that members opt for the cleaner look, or is it just allowed for certain costumes? Of course..when looking at pictures online, you do see the patina version now and then too, but it´s hard to know what is and is not 501 approved so to say as a new member.

2: The inside of the armor pieces.

When i see pictures of armors, especially the inside, they are so far as i have seen them all in only one material, as seen here.

When making leather armors, you do occasionally add a sort of lining layer for certain parts to achieve stiffness or a firmer form of the outer layer, this especially if the leather is too thin in itself to stay in the desired pose or form. Is it an option or even approved to line your armor to make it more " hardened " if one would like to?

#stilllearning

Ok I’ll take a stab at this one. Stormtroopers were mostly clean white with the Sandy being the exception so that’s why we stick mostly the clean look. The CRL stats on some builds that armor will be “weathered” the TK CRL does not.

As for question two. I have AM armor it’s thick there would be no need to reinforce most of it. With that being said I recommend to everyone to reinforce your chest. I’ve had issue with cracking due to basic movement. It’s no fault of the maker I love their armor it’s just me not being used to having a armor on. I’ve danced in this armor at various points and sometimes forget I don’t get the same range of movement that I normally do.

Hope some of that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grihm said:

Question here is, is it just a fluke that you don´t see too many armors with a heavy patina, or is it just that members opt for the cleaner look, or is it just allowed for certain costumes? Of course..when looking at pictures online, you do see the patina version now and then too, but it´s hard to know what is and is not 501 approved so to say as a new member.

There is a whole other detachment for "dirty" stormtroopers (sandtroopers, Mimban trooper, etc).  That is MEPD.  We do have some slightly weathered costumes here, like the HWT (heavy weapons trooper).  A few have added very slight weathering to their TK, as this is seen on screen - but only a few scratches and smudges here and there. 

If you want to get dirty, like the Mimban trooper in your picture, then MEPD will be of interest to you.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wook1138 said:

There is a whole other detachment for "dirty" stormtroopers (sandtroopers, Mimban trooper, etc).  That is MEPD.  We do have some slightly weathered costumes here, like the HWT (heavy weapons trooper).  A few have added very slight weathering to their TK, as this is seen on screen - but only a few scratches and smudges here and there. 

If you want to get dirty, like the Mimban trooper in your picture, then MEPD will be of interest to you.

24 minutes ago, Frank75139 said:

Ok I’ll take a stab at this one. Stormtroopers were mostly clean white with the Sandy being the exception so that’s why we stick mostly the clean look. The CRL stats on some builds that armor will be “weathered” the TK CRL does not.

As for question two. I have AM armor it’s thick there would be no need to reinforce most of it. With that being said I recommend to everyone to reinforce your chest. I’ve had issue with cracking due to basic movement. It’s no fault of the maker I love their armor it’s just me not being used to having a armor on. I’ve danced in this armor at various points and sometimes forget I don’t get the same range of movement that I normally do.

Hope some of that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the answers. As said, it´s a lot to take in at the start and a lot of acronyms i think the word is, so thankful for all the useful help =)

• Like 1