First time builder - WTFs ESB

Opiecat10

First time armor builder here.  I received my BBB from Walt back in September, and have finally got the nerve to begin after reading many other threads.  I’m 5’5”, 125 lbs, so I will doing a lot of trimming.  Here are a few pics of what I have done so far.  Any input will be much appreciated.  

D95E3B0C-4DF6-4BDB-B682-ED1C3B552913.jpeg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Opiecat10 said:

First time armor builder here.  I received my BBB from Walt back in September, and have finally got the nerve to begin after reading many other threads.  I’m 5’5”, 125 lbs, so I will doing a lot of trimming.  Here are a few pics of what I have done so far.  Any input will be much appreciated.  

D95E3B0C-4DF6-4BDB-B682-ED1C3B552913.jpeg

BBB day

So far, I have attached inner cover strips the the front sides only of biceps, forearms, and shins.

Your basically done, just throw it all together. Lol seriously. Make sure you throw up as many pics as needed those will help others when they do their builds and if we can help in any way just ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have not used Imgur.  Can I use it from my iPad?  I really don’t want to fool with using the desktop.  Easier it seems to take pic from iPad or phone right onto thread.  Did I mention I’m computer illiterate?   Also thinking of moving this thread to main build forum, and use this for ESB specific questions.

40 minutes ago, Opiecat10 said:

I have not used Imgur.  Can I use it from my iPad?  I really don’t want to fool with using the desktop.  Easier it seems to take pic from iPad or phone right onto thread.  Did I mention I’m computer illiterate?   Also thinking of moving this thread to main build forum, and use this for ESB specific questions.

This forum is designed for and works at is best when using a computer but it’s available on all plattforms but with limitations, although how you post is not, many use tapatalk which to my understanding lets you upload straight from your phone or iPad given you installed the app.

Imgur is used either by browser or as an app.

If you want to move anything then  @Ripper_L is your man:salute:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheSwede said:

This forum is designed for and works at is best when using a computer but it’s available on all plattforms but with limitations, although how you post is not, many use tapatalk which to my understanding lets you upload straight from your phone or iPad given you installed the app.

Imgur is used either by browser or as an app.

If you want to move anything then  @Ripper_L is your man:salute:

I’ll try Tapatalk before resorting to the desktop.  And I think I will stay on this forum, I see there is a sub forum for build threads.  Thanks

• Like 1

inner strips on fronts of forearms

7e6dc50bef1fe353ce93513969081365.jpg

Forearms with front inside strips glued on. Still need to size them down to fit, I got really tiny arms, but I want to leave a little wiggle room in case I gain weight, or get ripped at the gym :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I use tapatalk for posting pictures - works pretty well.  I do everything else on the desktop because I am old school and have trouble working my phone.

The tapatalk app seems to be working on my iPad, i was just able to post another picture. Now to figure out how to post it while it’s not a response, or “quote”

So after reading many other build threads, mainly ukswrath and cricket, I finally got to work.  You’ve already seen the forearms, but I also attached front inside cover strips on biceps and shins

e17c99fe6b8a93c61de549d2466c92fc.jpgf5b7da33b6524c0e323364a09cb77ca7.jpg72c1514bbfed70d80885e143a35d15f6.jpgabf0118bbd7c686de0a0a5b7c45aae2a.jpg

I think it’s time for a hot water bath to help shape these, and on to the thighs

the shape is not too bad. How flexible is the back of those shins? It might close well enough as soon as the elastics and hooks are glued in. :)
If so, you don't need a hot water bath.

As @TheSwede mentioned, I'm your man if you wanna move that thread :D

the shape is not too bad. How flexible is the back of those shins? It might close well enough as soon as the elastics and hooks are glued in.
If so, you don't need a hot water bath.

As [mention=30669]TheSwede[/mention] mentioned, I'm your man if you wanna move that thread

I still have to trim off the overlap to fit my skinny legs, then I’ll worry about the shape.

As far as moving the thread, I wonder if more people would see it on the main thread than here? What are your thoughts?

5 hours ago, Opiecat10 said:

I still have to trim off the overlap to fit my skinny legs, then I’ll worry about the shape.

As far as moving the thread, I wonder if more people would see it on the main thread than here? What are your thoughts?

At least the staffers use the "Activity" feature a lot, so they see your thread better the more active you are. ;)

• Like 1

You're looking great!  I'm always amazed at how it all comes together so fast at the end.  Once you get the inner and outer strips on, then it's just strapping, and all of a sudden you have a full torso and it feels real.  

Keep on chugging away- you're nearly there!