CableGuy

Early 2019 CRL update change requests

Some info from Star Wars Helmets

"For Return of the Jedi, Made 1981/82, the Lucasfilm needed a significant number of Stormtroopers for the Death Star and Endor scenes - far more than were left over from ESB (themselves hand-me-down's from ANH). They therefore produced 50 or so new Stormtrooper helmets and Armor sets, basing the design on effectively a "recast" of an earlier ANH/ESB helmet and armor. Because of this recasting process - the RotJ versions made in 1981/82 look significantly different from their ANH/ESB counterparts. The design was amended quite significantly by the prop makers in London from the ANH/ESB look (although partly so by accident) and it features a taller, almost squashed or streamlined look with thinner ears. The majority of the helmets had green bubble lenses."

different-style-RotJ-stormtrooper.jpg&key=a0d9307e8bccde4534492784a50494861bb823f646f53f59c70f33d514bdcbe4

"It appears there were two slightly different versions of the helmets, with the majority of them featuring rounded black frowns, Aluminium Mic tips, new RotJ Decals and Hard hat liners (left). However there are also a smaller amount that were finished differently, and these feature squared off frown-ends, resin recast Hovi-Mix mic tips, ESB-Style decals and foam lining (right)."

Orig_RotJ_LFLpress01.jpg&key=2be04a124c8c729a77fe304dc0c6b5a0effa40d79006a3dc05f6f1b3ab7b1268

Glen- where on earth do you find this stuff?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some info from Star Wars Helmets

"For Return of the Jedi, Made 1981/82, the Lucasfilm needed a significant number of Stormtroopers for the Death Star and Endor scenes - far more than were left over from ESB (themselves hand-me-down's from ANH). They therefore produced 50 or so new Stormtrooper helmets and Armor sets, basing the design on effectively a "recast" of an earlier ANH/ESB helmet and armor. Because of this recasting process - the RotJ versions made in 1981/82 look significantly different from their ANH/ESB counterparts. The design was amended quite significantly by the prop makers in London from the ANH/ESB look (although partly so by accident) and it features a taller, almost squashed or streamlined look with thinner ears. The majority of the helmets had green bubble lenses."

different-style-RotJ-stormtrooper.jpg&key=a0d9307e8bccde4534492784a50494861bb823f646f53f59c70f33d514bdcbe4Orig_RotJ_LFLpress01.jpg&key=2be04a124c8c729a77fe304dc0c6b5a0effa40d79006a3dc05f6f1b3ab7b1268

"It appears there were two slightly different versions of the helmets, with the majority of them featuring rounded black frowns, Aluminium Mic tips, new RotJ Decals and Hard hat liners (left). However there are also a smaller amount that were finished differently, and these feature squared off frown-ends, resin recast Hovi-Mix mic tips, ESB-Style decals and foam lining (right)."

Man my friend is a TK idiot he had no idea. Good thing he didn’t do a ROTJ one.

5322453d3e3f31552e1770be9354244c.gif

• Like 1

Man my friend is a TK idiot he had no idea. Good thing he didn’t do a ROTJ one.

5322453d3e3f31552e1770be9354244c.gif&key=d2d0991179276d85a4e7ec7a071a6082a288542422fe95787b6d2c9dc3f6887c

LOL

6 minutes ago, Bud Spaklur said:

Glen- where on earth do you find this stuff?

Link was passed on to me many years ago when I first started building, it's been my go to ever since , starwarshelmets.com

• Like 1

Just thinking out loud here...but would there be enough grounds to split the ROTJ CRL into two versions? Along similar lines to the ANH-S and ANH-H? The guys on the Deathstar,and the Landing pad had a good number of differences to the Grunts on Endor(lets call them 'stunts'?)

For example- DS guys were all shiny clean, bubble lenses, all holsters,all Thermal Dets; Endor guys were weathered, had flat lenses and a lot of them (too many IMO to be accidental omissions) had missing holsters,missing Dets, or were missing both.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Colin1138 said:

Just thinking out loud here...but would there be enough grounds to split the ROTJ CRL into two versions? Along similar lines to the ANH-S and ANH-H? The guys on the Deathstar,and the Landing pad had a good number of differences to the Grunts on Endor(lets call them 'stunts'?)

For example- DS guys were all shiny clean, bubble lenses, all holsters,all Thermal Dets; Endor guys were weathered, had flat lenses and a lot of them (too many IMO to be accidental omissions) had missing holsters,missing Dets, or were missing both.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Perhaps two options of a single CRL.  If we were to do the CRLs from the start today, ANH would be a single CRL with Hero/Stunt being two options of that single CRL for example.