AM - ANH TK Hero Build

Keith Henkel

Who doesn't love BBB unpacking, awesome good luck with the build, hope it doesn't take a year, oh wait it will have by tomorrow :laugh1:

16 minutes ago, Keith Henkel said:

Very true, my resolution is defiantly to muster enough courage to actually start this thing instead of just looking at it.   

I’m sure you’ll get there in the end and hey...looking at it is the next best thing so all good there:)

It’s not as hard as you think, it’s all a head game. Measure where you need to cut and cut well before that point. That way it leaves you some room for adjustments and you get the feel of the cut. This isn’t a race you can cut the same piece 10 times to get it down to the exact measurement you need. Just make sure to keep both sides even so it sits nicely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Is there a good thread to explain how to start fitting the armor to start your first cuts. I was thinking on starting with the forearms but can't seem to figure out were to start. I'm assuming you should cut off equally off each side of each piece.  Is there a rule of thumb on what to line up for your first cut?

1 minute ago, Bud Spaklur said:

There really isn’t an official starting point for cuts. I know some like to start with the biceps as they’re pretty straightforward and small. I think I started with my shins, though. Just make small cuts, a little at a time. You can always cut more, but can’t put more back on. Do you have your boots yet?

Thanks for the quick response. Yes I have my boots. The only things I have left to get are my belt, neck seal and gloves. Besides the fact that none of my armor is done.

13 minutes ago, Keith Henkel said:

Star Wars was on TV today and I took that as a sign that it was time to make my first cut. Started with the biceps. How do they look? I had to make 3 cuts before I got the fit I wanted. I am so glad I'm finally on my way.

Looks pretty good in my novice opinion. My kit came with cut lines so it made the initial trimming a bit easier. My deer in the head lights moment was when I had to make cuts for sizing.

I just today started sizing my biceps. My right only needed some sanding of the return edges, whew! Looks like my left will need about 7mm trimmed from each side though. Baby steps I guess. 

Good luck.

Edited by InVaderWeTrust

Nice start, make sure when trying on you have your undersuit on, can make a difference. Some do like to get rid of most of the return edge due to armor bites but I kept mine but either is acceptable.

When ever in doubt you can always refer to the gallery section

DSC02602.jpg

On 1/5/2019 at 7:55 PM, Bud Spaklur said:

How does it feel when you flex your bicep to bend your arm? If it feels tight at all, you have a little more return edge you can take off on both if need be. These return edges may hurt you a little when you bend your arms.

10c8638e9b678fc9303fde6b428f8810.jpg

Keep up the good work!

I didn't really try bending much. I'll check on that. Thanks!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

You do not necessarily have to put the gloves on before the Forearm armor;  how you suit up is up to you.  But if you do don the gloves before the armor the wrist opening must be large enough to allow them to pass through.  Likewise, if the Hand Guards are permanently attached (glued or other) to the gloves, the wrist openings will need to be that much larger.

A.J.

3 hours ago, Keith Henkel said:

Forearms question. When suiting up are your gloves and hand guards on before your forearms? Do I need to make sure the gloves and hand guards will pass through the forearms when sizing them?

Always put the gloves on last when using glued-on handguards:salute:

• 4 months later...