Recaster Alert: ! has recast my R1TK

Recaster Alert:  
Ebay seller Makerofthings! has recast my Rogue One TK armor
Mostly are direct vacuformed pulls from my kit.
Some were pulled from modified versions of my parts 
My master sculpts are hand sculpted, not 3d printed, so the human made imperfections have been perfectly replicated in the vacuformed pulls as well.
Photos with comments below. Flexible fiberglass off-white parts are my kit.  White vacuformed parts are his
Thing about recasters is this: for every kit they sell, they steal work from the people who's livelihood i support by selling my kits.  The sculptors and casters I work with, this is their livelihood. They are actually very poor and each order can mean anything from food on the table to paying tuition fees for their kids.

skGEFz.jpg
BSNrrV.jpg
gttQYx.jpg
y5z4su.jpg
R3B5DI.jpg
aMCt3A.jpg

Edited by jimmiroquai

I'll back you on the amount of hard work put into making molds by hand. 

No joke, a lot of hard work and money. Not to mention the hours and hours put into heating and pulling plastic. 

It's not right for someone to step in and steal your work and profit from it.

• Like 1

Thank you for the heads up - MOT has been known to recast others and steal their work, on top of that the quality of his pulls and plastic are both quite bad. PSA folks, this is why you avoid eBay armor!

• 3 months later...

I actually messaged him about his recasting before and he said, "I just recast the Anovos kit and will be offering it in high gloss ABS along with my other recast kits. I'll also have my original sculpt of the Rogue one kit as well as original sculpts of the Samurai trooper and Samurai Sandtrooper coming soon."

I don't know what he means by "original", but MOT will never crease to recast.

6 hours ago, PhilBobTheFish said:

I actually messaged him about his recasting before and he said, "I just recast the Anovos kit and will be offering it in high gloss ABS along with my other recast kits. \

:6: lol

• 2 months later...

My initial suit was from this guy... My Garrison wanted nothing to do with this guys work. I messaged him (wasn't even asking for a refund) and he was a jerk... Now I spread the word about this guy!! I still haven't touched the suit, but am thinking of putting it on a mannequin. 

15 hours ago, Standrex said:

My initial suit was from this guy... My Garrison wanted nothing to do with this guys work. I messaged him (wasn't even asking for a refund) and he was a jerk... Now I spread the word about this guy!! I still haven't touched the suit, but am thinking of putting it on a mannequin. 

It shouldn't matter who made the armour so long as it is accurate and not of poor definition.  Garrisons shouldn't be shunning you based on the kit you purchased even if it's less than ideal/a recast.

You have to wonder how he manages to get all of these suits. You'd think the armor makers would have him on the 'do not sell to this guy' list by now.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Harbinger said:

You have to wonder how he manages to get all of these suits. You'd think the armor makers would have him on the 'do not sell to this guy' list by now.

You would certainly hope so, but I think this character probably has a few mates that do the buying or procuring to get around the possibility of a black list.

19 hours ago, Harbinger said:

Unless the armor is banned from the 501st and even then it won't prevent people from buying it. Sadly most armor is not purchased from the recommendations of the FISD.

• 1 month later...

As I recall, he claims to be using one of the original ANH suits from the movie (unsure how true it is). The armor itself was kinda thin and really 'rough'... Reminded me of those cheap kids masks... Only like double or triple the thickness. I was told I might get away with making it into a Sandy. The guy also claims to be a member of the 501st...  

He is not using an original ANH suit and I can guarantee that.... he is a re-caster, plain and simple.  He has a reputation of copying other armorer's hard work and passing it off as his own at a cheap price.  

I can speak of this from personal experience, Chad.  Before I was aware of the FISD and 501st, I bought one of his kits.  During my research, I came across these sites and found out that because of the differences it was not eligible for even basic approval (the helmet alone is GIGANTIC).  I ended up building it anyway (for the experience) and then sold it on eBay as a "Halloween costume".  Lesson learned.  You get what you pay for.

• Like 2

• gmrhodes13 changed the title to Recaster Alert: ! has recast my R1TK