Etsy Build for First Order Suit?

JE the Stormtrooper

Hey All,

I have been in interested in a First Order Stormtrooper suit and saw this on Etsy.  Any thoughts?  https://www.etsy.com/listing/613722036/star-wars-first-order-stormtrooper-armor?ref=shop_home_active_16  Otherwise I have had trouble finding a good suit.  Any suggestions if not this?  Thanks.

That wouldn’t meet 501st standards without a significant amount of work (helmet is wrong, armor looks to have incorrect/missing details etc.) - I would stick to vetted sellers, it is wise to avoid etsy/eBay as most of it is crap honestly.

36 minutes ago, JE the Stormtrooper said:

I have been in interested in a First Order Stormtrooper suit and saw this on Etsy.  Any thoughts?  https://www.etsy.com/listing/613722036/star-wars-first-order-stormtrooper-armor?ref=shop_home_active_16  Otherwise I have had trouble finding a good suit.  Any suggestions if not this?  Thanks.

I would suggest staying away from etsy or eBay, best option is research, having a look through the TFA/TLJ build areas, lots of info there of armor and where they came from or have a read here ;) 

9 hours ago, JE the Stormtrooper said:

Hey All,

Too many discrepancies in this kit to list, John.... sooo many things wrong.  Looks more like someone did a really, really bad job on the molds and many parts of it would have to be completely replaced, including the chest, forearms, shoulder bells and cod just to name a few.

Note the fact that in the listing no close-up photos of the individual pieces are shown.  Instead they show lots of pics of people wearing the (horribly ill-fitted) armor in cool poses.  This should be a red flag.  Also, never pay attention to 5 star reviews, as those can be (and often are) fake.

Unfortunately, purchasing/building a quality (screen accurate) kit for any type of TK is not an inexpensive endeavor, especially for a FO build..  It's a "you get what you pay for" scenario, and this particular one would make a cool (albeit expensive) Halloween costume, but would not even pass basic 501st approval, which is what I hope you are aiming for.

As of right now, here are very few "tried and true" vendors selling FO TK armor out there.  One you could try who is on our "vetted" seller list is  Jimmiroquai, ( jimmiroquai@yahoo.com ), who makes an incredible kit.

Best of luck in your search, and if we can be of any help, just let us know!