dpmohney requesting PreApproval Review (Anovos)

dpmohney

Greetings Troopers

For your consideration, here is my Anovos Armor build. This is my very first build, fulfilling an item from my bucket list. :dancing-trooper: Thank you

1. Name: David Mohney

2. Future Garrison : Cloud City Garrison

3. Armor Maker: Anovos

4. Helmet Maker: Anovos

5. Cloth Belt Maker: Self Made (Had to teach myself sewing...)

6. Neck Seal Maker: Darmin

7. Boot Maker: Funtasma (I know I will have to get different boots for Centurion)

9. Blaster Maker: Praetorian Blasters

11. Height: 5' 9"

12. Weight:  200 lbs

13. TK type: ANH Stunt

14. Thank you to Chris Glodt (TK65011) for the constant text messages back and forth, and of course, ukswrath's invaluable guide.

Thank you

1 Front.jpg

2 Back.jpg

3 Left.jpg

4 Right.jpg

5 Ab Plate.jpg

6 Helmet Front.jpg

7 Helmet Left.jpg

8 Helmet Right.jpg

9 Action.jpg

Hi David. Great job!

Personally, I can’t see any obvious reasons why you couldn’t achieve basic with minimal additional effort. (Of course, the final decision comes from your GML).

For me, the main thing I’d suggest is to bring those shoulder bells in as tight as possible to the chest. It looks like your right shoulder bell elastic could come in by around 1 inch and the left by perhaps half and inch. And watch the alignment of the coverstrips (legs in this example).

3fbbf271ada0a998458f794898196a9d.jpg

You’ll also need to paint your side rivets and thigh ammo pack fixings white.

866d6281b7dce215652d6da25597cc24.jpg

If you’re aiming for the higher clearance levels down the line, or just want to go the extra mile, there are a few small things which would help to elevate your armour.

Starting from the top, the brow trip seems a little uneven from one side to the other.

Also, Anovos have a habit of applying the tubestripes quite low down the cheek. Raising these to approx. a no.2 pencil width from the cheek would be more screen accurate.

37a63392f0964e32deb1345ec9567e4a.jpg

The frown paint can also be extended past the in-drilled fifth tooth.

This shot shows the frown and the spacing of the tube stripes;

47332dde79caa85d6da37725aaf2c02d.jpg

With a little bit of adjustment here and there, it looks like basic and possibly EIB are easily in reach for you, Trooper. :-)

• Like 1

Really nice job on that build, David!  As Dan mentioned, the final approval is up to your GML, but I personally see no problems that would hold you back from getting your official 501st TK number.  Good luck, and keep us informed!

• Like 1

Looks good David and I'm with what Dan pointed out. As soon as I seen the stripes I knew the stripes police were gonna show up. I had the same thing so I fixed them. Happy to see another TK join us in the old CCG. You'll be EI and Centurion soon enough.
Good luck with Jason and his review.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thank you all for your comments. :salute: I painted the rivets and readjusted my shoulder strapping. For my submission photos I had my 12 year old daughter make sure my cover strips were all aligned. :laugh1:

One question about the frown suggestion. The Anovos armor does not have a tooth to paint like the screen helmet in the example. Realizing that this is not a requirement for any level of approval, but an aesthetic detail,  should I just drop a splotch of paint in the corner, or leave it as-is?

IMG_6171.jpg

Thank you all for your comments. :salute: I painted the rivets and readjusted my shoulder strapping. For my submission photos I had my 12 year old daughter make sure my cover strips were all aligned. :laugh1:

One question about the frown suggestion. The Anovos armor does not have a tooth to paint like the screen helmet in the example. Realizing that this is not a requirement for any level of approval, but an aesthetic detail,  should I just drop a splotch of paint in the corner, or leave it as-is?
IMG_6171.jpg.78fdfa761584a49d9fc972e37f58638a.jpg

Hi David,

It’s totally up to you as it shouldn’t be an issue for basic. Each frown on screen was slightly different anyway, so there’s really no right or wrong as such - the common element is a slight point at the ends.

68c3d3a10bad85f3ab740c509da64b0e.jpg

Personally, I’d be tempted to go a little like this;

8e89501cce6e46470cd1f65b43503fe8.jpg

• Like 1

Hi David,

It’s totally up to you as it shouldn’t be an issue for basic. Each frown on screen was slightly different anyway, so there’s really no right or wrong as such - the common element is a slight point at the ends.

68c3d3a10bad85f3ab740c509da64b0e.jpg&key=68111f4cf6748b316750cfb220c534c18534ce7ec8c0c7d76d5e8ffa7d6ea86f

Personally, I’d be tempted to go a little like this;

8e89501cce6e46470cd1f65b43503fe8.jpg&key=0d22232eb4e4004cde1f125ff4b23f97f87a53e95bb90863a009edcc29df87e1

Basically all I did was what you suggested Daniel.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks Dan. I have some really fine brushes and it certainly won't hurt to do it.

Man. The wait for approval is excruciating. But I am going to be extremely patient because I submitted it during the holidays and family time is far more important than this. That is all on me for waiting until Christmas Eve to submit it. :laugh1:

• Like 3

Thanks Dan. I have some really fine brushes and it certainly won't hurt to do it.

Man. The wait for approval is excruciating. But I am going to be extremely patient because I submitted it during the holidays and family time is far more important than this. That is all on me for waiting until Christmas Eve to submit it. :laugh1:
You should hear something from Jason, if he is doing it, in the coming days. He did mine and I think over all it tools about three or four days.

• Like 1

What an exciting time!! Great to see another enthusiastic trooper joining the ranks! .... scrap that.... the FAMILY. :-)
  • Like 2

looks good.

i will suggest what I always suggest:

- the helmet (bucket) is honestly the first, middle, and last thing the crowd sees.  the Tk bucket is THE iconic face of the franchise.  with that in mind, make it perfect.

- with regards to comfort: ensure cover strips do not extend beyond that which they are covering.  trim them so they are flush-ish.

in both cases, I always suggest finding a Centurion Application thread for your armour, and compare photos.  More work done out of the box, less anguish later undoing or redoing small things.

as far as basic approval, you should be fine :-)

• Like 3

Congratulations and welcome to the ranks trooper.

You can request higher access here

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dpmohney said:

Great news! I have been approved. Now to tackle the side shims...

Way to go Dave! :salute:  The next thing to do at this point is to apply for Legion access here at the FISD:  https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/16-501st-trooper-status-requests-include-link-to-your-501st-profile-in-your-request/?

• Like 1

I've already congratulated you on the garrison forums, but again welcome aboard David and look forward to trooping with you.

• Like 1