E-11 Blasters-What is preferred when making one

Blaster68

I've noticed different variations of the E-11 Blasters; 3D printer, resin, metal & plastic.
Which is best? I've had the use of one made with metal but is heavy to hold for periods of time during a troop.
Yeah I have a THG solid rubber mold and it's pretty hefty. I'll have to look into something lighter eventually.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rat said:

Yeah I have a THG solid rubber mold and it's pretty hefty. I'll have to look into something lighter eventually.

Guessing not as heavy as the metal on I had at Fan Expo

• Like 1

Guessing not as heavy as the metal on I had at Fan Expo
Probably not, but I think it comes in at a couple of pounds. I've never weighed it though.

Heaviest option would be a deactivated Sterling, followed by solid rubber castings (like Praetorian Blasters or the above mentioned THG).

Less weight with the resin kits (like DoopyDoo's or Phoenix Props).

For the same reasons that you have and out of curiosity I am planning a new build for early 2019, focussed on lightweight. Beginning soon...

• Like 3

Mine is a hybrid/mashup.  Resin Doopydoos kit, but I replaced the magazine well, folding stock (functioning), trigger guard, entire front end and rear cap with accurate aluminum replicas to keep authentic look high but the weight down.  I did use a real Sterling magazine though.  The whole thing weighs in at just a little over 2 pounds (about 1 kilo).

One thing you will need to consider is that very often on a troop you will be asked "Can I hold your gun"?  (Mostly kids).  For those that carry Hyperfirms/rubber models this is not a problem, since it really can't be "broken" if they should drop it.  However, since mine is mostly a resin build, I decline by saying something along the lines of "The Emperor forbids it" or "It's against regulations".

• Like 3

9 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

Mine is a hybrid/mashup.  Resin Doopydoos kit, but I replaced the magazine well, folding stock (functioning), trigger guard, entire front end and rear cap with accurate aluminum replicas to keep authentic look high but the weight down.  I did use a real Sterling magazine though.  The whole thing weighs in at just a little over 2 pounds (about 1 kilo).

One thing you will need to consider is that very often on a troop you will be asked "Can I hold your gun"?  (Mostly kids).  For those that carry Hyperfirms/rubber models this is not a problem, since it really can't be "broken" if they should drop it.  However, since mine is mostly a resin build, I decline by saying something along the lines of "The Emperor forbids it" or "It's against regulations".

So far no one has asked to hold my E-11....so far, but I know the rules. 

I may want to place a small flashlight on E-11

10 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

you aint going to catch them if they run off in armour

Edited by phil

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I have a resin E-11 and I'm very happy with it. 

I wish I had to talent to craft an E-11. Hats off to those who can. That is amazing!

I have had a couple of requests to hold it, which of course I refuse. I simply state it is against Imperial Regulations. In one case I believe he would have run with it. That is a foot chase I would not win in armor! 

• Like 1