TK-22809 requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status (MTK) (881)

Oscar

Name: Oscar De La Toba

FSID Forum name: Mr Fix it

Legion ID: TK-22809

Garrison: Imperial Sands Garrison

Legion Profile: https://www.501st.com/members/displaymemberdetails.php?userID=28487

Armor: MTK

Helmet: MTK

Blaster: Hyperfirm E-11 (Trooperbay)

Height: 5’ 11”

Weight: 165

Boots: Imperial Boots

Canvas belt: Trooperbay

Hand plates: Trooperbay

Electronics: Aker amp

Neck seal: Darman

Holster: Darman

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkIMG_0196.jpgIMG_0201.jpgIMG_0197.jpgIMG_0200.jpgIMG_0203.jpgIMG_0206.jpgIMG_0239.jpgIMG_0240.jpgIMG_0241.jpgIMG_0243.jpgIMG_0244.jpgIMG_0555.jpgIMG_0236.jpgIMG_0523.jpgIMG_0544.jpgIMG_0540.jpgIMG_0542.jpgIMG_0543.jpgIMG_0756.jpgIMG_0551.jpgIMG_0552.jpgIMG_0548.jpgIMG_0524.jpgIMG_0530.jpgIMG_0560.jpgIMG_0561.jpg

Thanks for your submission, Oscar!  Really nice job on that armor, brother, but can you post up some additional photos so we can get started?  These are what I need:

1.  Close up of hovi-mic tip showing inside clearly.

2.  Rear of E-11 showing D-ring (Required)

3.  A shot of your TD with a ruler/tape measure showing the length.

3.  Not required for level 2, but it looks like you are headed for level 3 and a shot of your wrist openings would help.

• justjoseph63 changed the title to TK-22809 requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status (MTK) (Pending photos)

Here are the rest of the photos. Regarding level 3, Yes you are correct. I hope to achieve Centurion. I enjoyed every stage of the build. There was so much to learn and that was a great experience. I’ll keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG_1164.jpgIMG_1166.jpgIMG_1169.jpgIMG_1171.jpgIMG_1173.jpgIMG_1177.jpg

Perfect, Oscar, and Thanks!!.  I am working on this right now and will be with ya' shortly, so hang in there...

• Like 1

Hi Oscar, and thank you for your EI submission!

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All required submission photos have been posted, and I am very pleased to announce your armor displays all the necessary elements to qualify for ANH Stunt Expert Infantry. On behalf of the entire D.O. staff, congratulations!     :salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:

In this section we review observations made by your fellow troopers and ourselves. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor.

Overall a really nice build, sir.  The higher levels are all about the details and there are a few items to go over, so let's get going, shall we?

Starting with your bucket (NICE paint job, by the way), it looks as if the bottom left ear screw is a little high.  This is not a deal breaker, but it should match the one on your right side.

Reference image

qYG2kSe.jpg?2   oNziVXi.jpg?1  

It looks as if you may have your S-trim on in reverse.  On most types, there is a flatter side (shown below in green) and a rounder side (shown below in red).  As in the reference image, it should be the flat side that faces out.  This is a super easy fix... just remove and then reverse it!

HcSIbZH.jpg?1  oOINALi.jpg

Reference image

RiD7D84.jpg?1

The outside (black) part and screens of the hovi-mic tips are good to go, but the inside should be white.  It looks as if you may have some sort of electronics in there.. (?)

Reference image

3S3USDn.jpg?1 fTNildj.jpg?2

Your tube stripes are the right distance from the cheek, but unfortunately they are on the wrong sides.  Note how the the tops should lean forward instead of back.

Reference image

QWdlmJQ.jpg  u127eWr.jpg?2

Your bicep/forearm alignment is a perfect as it gets, Oscar, but you should adjust the strapping on that connection to lower the forearms, as there should be a gap there.  Doing this will also do 2 other things... it will help eliminate the gap between your wrists and hand guards as well a give you more mobility for bending your arms.

Reference image

vaovAMk.jpg    R9rh6fr.jpg?1

Not a huge issue, but your ABS belt could be trimmed a bit at the top and bottom for a more screen accurate look.

K76aD9v.jpg?1

Reference image

cAjiBgS.jpg?1

There are a few areas where your cover strips go beyond the connections, especially on the top of the rear left thigh.  I would recommend a 2 minutes with a Dremel tool and some sandpaper for these.  It will give you a more uniform appearance and prevent that point from poking into you.

Reference image

zpzPkU8.jpg   XnXypKE.jpg?2

Your left calf armor is significantly higher in the back than the right one and needs to be lowered to level them out.  The length is good and matches the right one, but it wants to ride up for some reason.  Some troopers have rigged up stirrup system using an elastic band attached to the inside of the bottom, which goes on under your boot and keeps it from raising up.

E9Y25gz.jpg  uU22Mas.jpg?1LfxXBhb.jpg?1

Reference images

Nv8rNpu.jpg?2  moGPDd3.jpg?1

The rear cover strip on your left thigh needs to be trimmed up just a bit to where it ends at the top of the ridge.

Reference image

6rdmk2I.jpg    2s94rLD.jpg?1

A simple dressing issue here... make sure that your neck seal is tucked in all the way.

Reference image

AJQVZYI.jpg?1    7pVbgpg.jpg?2

Lastly, the scope on an E-11 can (and should) have a bit of brass "weathering", but this is way too much, lol.  I can of black spray paint would do wonders for this, (just be sure to mask off the other areas).

Reference image

U0YVxvS.jpg?1    KpDY5QJ.jpg?1

Centurion Suggestions:
In this section we prepare you for Centurion.  More photos may be requested that allow us to make better decisions on possible adjustment etc. If there are any areas of concern they will be discussed here.

Because Centurion photos show much more detail than EIB, items pertaining to Centurion might be seen there and not here. We try to point out all we can from what is seen but the final accuracy is the responsibility of the trooper.

The return edge in the "bump" sections on your wrist openings need 2 minutes with a Dremel or file to remove the remaining bit in the corners.  Easy peasy.

OjgtC6Z.jpg?1   BcwzAlB.jpg?3

The difference in the width between where the rear of the thigh ammo pack connects on the lower thigh ridge is pretty far off, and the spacing on each side of the cover strip needs to be equal or very close.    It may be the angle of the photo, but it also looks as if the inside connection needs to come down a bit.  The rear tops of the tabs should be almost perfectly level with the tops of the ridges.   Shimming the outside half may be a possibility, but that would leave a large gap in the ridge.  Replacing the thigh would probably be a better option, as these issues will need to be addressed before we can move you to Centurion.

Reference image (Note that the seam is in the center)

Kdp0NVq.jpg       bzCtETO.jpg?1

Reference images. 

(Note that the difference between the rear of the thigh ammo pack tabs are nearly identical in distance from the "bend" in the lower ridge of the thigh on each side).

V0S4HLR.jpg?3  qDcWloP.jpg?3

Looks like you have a bit of work in front of you, brother, but don't get discouraged!   I have the utmost faith that you will come through with flying colors!  Now get out there and proudly represent the Empire and the ISG as it's newest Expert Infantryman!  :jc_doublethumbup:

• Like 1

• justjoseph63 changed the title to TK-22809 requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status (MTK) (881)

This is great! Thank you very much. I appreciate all your time and effort. I’ll start on the next phase and clean it up. Thank you for the notes, it will definitely come in handy. It’s super cool how well your guys eyes are trained to find the flaws. Making these changes will make the overall appearance of the suit way better. I’ll begin with the helmet. Only real issue I can foresee would be the ammo thigh pack whammy. I’ll send another pic, but the way I cut the armor to my size cost me a bit more of the posterior ridge on the right half of the right thigh piece. If I would have kept the the length of the right half ridge and taken from the left half, I would have ended up with a large gap between the two halves at the top when the two met. Only way to fix would be to redo the thigh with a replacement part for the right half.

But again, I truly am grateful for the recognition of all the work that I put into this. My objective is to make the Legion proud. I look forward to the day I get to apply for level 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, now THAT is the attitude to have, Oscar!  :salute:   I had a lot of issues on my first EI submission as well.  I had to end up buying a new chest, back and kidney and spending over a month getting it ready for level 3, but it was well worth it.  I promise you that you will more proud than ever of your armor once you get those items taken care of, and if you should need any help or advice, just ask here on the forums and we will be there for you.  You are also more than welcome to PM me with anything you need assistance with.  Keep up that positive attitude, brother, and I look forward to seeing your Centurion submission in the new year!!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...