Flex seal as plastidip replacement

I have used Flex-Seal for many projects, but due to it's runny nature I'm not sure if I would go that route, Jake.  Plasti dip has worked out well for me in my buckets, and as long as you sand the inside (gives it a better surface to adhere to) and then clean/wipe it out thoroughly with rubbing alcohol (let it dry,of course) before starting it should work out just dandy.

I'm not sure if Flex-seal has any residual odor, and being as you will be breathing it in you may want to test it first.  Plasti-Dip has a horrible odor, but it dissipates in a few days.

Whichever product you choose be sure to apply it in a few thin layers rather that one thick one.  Hope this helps!

• Like 1

I just used plain ol' Rustoleum 2x glossy black spray paint.  The 2x line sticks to plastic.  I've heard it's prone to fading, but that won't be an issue inside the helmet (and I've personally never experienced fading on other stuff; but I'd keep things out of prolonged direct sunlight just in case).  

Whatever you do, it's far, far, easier to do it pre-assembly, or final assembly- like when the helmet is still in two pieces (dome and back and front).