Taller trooper armour set

Linz

1 minute ago, Xanthais said:

I ahhh....might have a problem with my ATA. I'm 6'-4", but thankfully haven't been able to do much of anything to mine (as you know), so might be able to sell it at cost.

(Oh no!! But yeah, if it fits me at 5' 4" pretty decently, I can't imagine adding a foot, yes...)

• Like 1

(Oh no!! But yeah, if it fits me at 5' 4" pretty decently, I can't imagine adding a foot, yes...)
Yeeeeeeeah. I'll post some pics after the 1st in my thread. Have some serious gaps in my chest/ab plate.

Sent from my MSE-6 droid using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Think it was on another page of his website. I emailed TK1336@hotmail.com. No response yet but let me know if you have any luck. Not sure on prices as it doesn’t show them on his site. Cheers 

can I just check with people that I have the correct contact details for AM supplier? I’ve emailed tk1336@hotmail.com. Is this the only way to contact him? Thanks all and thanks for the welcome

1 hour ago, Linz said:

Think it was on another page of his website. I emailed TK1336@hotmail.com. No response yet but let me know if you have any luck. Not sure on prices as it doesn’t show them on his site. Cheers 

can I just check with people that I have the correct contact details for AM supplier? I’ve emailed tk1336@hotmail.com. Is this the only way to contact him? Thanks all and thanks for the welcome

You can reach Dale (owner of AM) at troopersupplies@hotmail.com

16 hours ago, TheLorelei said:

I found ATA on the small side. Definitely wouldn't recommend it for your height.

ATA is among the standard sized armors I listed in my post, above.  As such, you're correct that's it's not a very good match for someone 6'4" or taller.

Standard size armor can usually be made to fit people up to 6'2", maybe 6'3", but even that depends a lot on individual proportions.  Any taller than 6'3", and there's really no chance it's going to work without some pretty drastic alterations.  (splitting the cod to add a shim behind the belt can help)  And even then, it's not going to fit those troopers as well as armor designed for someone their size will.

I strongly encourage anyone over 6'1", really, to start considering the larger armor makers.  (Of which are there two, at this time)  Over 6'3" and you really should not be considering standard size armor as a viable option, unless you're really desperate and willing to put in a lot of work... and live with comprises on the outcome, no matter how much work you put into it.

Hi all, 

thank you very much for the advice and contacts. I’m currently happier than my kids are for Christmas having just placed an order with AM for his next batch in a few weeks time. 

So in the meantime where would I go to get all the extras? Under suit, blaster, neck seal etc?

Ive registered with the 501st site, trying to navigate around that but really want to connect with people in my area who might have or will be building armour set. Then figure out who in what garrison etc signs off for 501st acceptance. 

I’m in Bristol, UK. Can’t wait to get started. Bit nervous but wanted to be a stormtrooper since I was small, probably like the rest of you.

thanks again, you guys have saved me a lot of time. Great forum 

Undersuits can be purchased through Amazon or eBay (usually pretty reasonable) or at many sporting goods stores.  Make sure that it doesn't have any markings/logos that would be visible when wearing it, though.

Some like the one piece type, but I prefer the two piece (shirt/pants).. makes it easier to answer the "call of nature" when suited up.

Not sure who makes neck seals in the UK, but you could ask on the UKG boards.

For a blaster, there are a ton of makers out there.  However, be leery about who you buy from, and when in doubt, be sure to ask here.   Some are great, some are total crap and not approvable at higher levels.  Being in the UK, you also have the Doopydoos option.  It is a resin kit that you make yourself, but is really accurate overall and accepted at all levels.

Dooydoos E-11 kit:  https://www.doopydoos.com/stormtrooper-e-11-complete-anh-e-11-blaster-kit-offer-2685-p.asp

E-ll finishing kit for more accuracy:  https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/28444-fs-completion-sets-for-e-11-resin-kits-with-worldwide-tracked-shipping-and-paypal/

E-11 resin build thread/reference source:  https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/32111-fisd-e-11-blaster-reference/

Thanks for info on blasters. Is there a go to pre built version that would pass 501st approval? I think by the time I’ve finished constructing everything I’ll need to paint a walking frame white to match it all

2 hours ago, Linz said:

Thanks for info on blasters. Is there a go to pre built version that would pass 501st approval? I think by the time I’ve finished constructing everything I’ll need to paint a walking frame white to match it all

Imperial Warfighters has fully finished rubber E-11s for all levels:salute:

• Like 1

On 12/22/2018 at 12:37 PM, Linz said:

You might look at Shear Tech.  Very popular option for rubber E11s (widely considered the best option for trooping) in the UK.  Local UKG guy makes them.  Best way to reach them is via their FB page, as I understand it.  He responded to my last round of questions same day.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2018 at 10:38 PM, Xanthais said:

Yeeeeeeeah. I'll post some pics after the 1st in my thread. Have some serious gaps in my chest/ab plate.

Sent from my MSE-6 droid using Tapatalk

i am 5 foot 8 and about 170 pounds. If i was 5 foot 9 with the extra inch in my femur, ATA would fit me perfectly. It and others are just designed around the ideal Tk from canon sources.  When trooping I am usually the shortest (or tallest) and I proudly reply "I am the correct height, actually. Come get a pic." to the obvious, over asked, question.

If it helps, I'm 6'0" and am about 175lbs.  I've worn TE2/ATA and actually it fit well except for the shins, which I swapped out for RT ones.  IIRC the actors who wore the armor in the movies were like 5'10", so that or a little shorter is about the ideal height I reckon.  You can pay makers like RS to pre-build for you, or some others in local garrisons do as well.

Ignore this message, hit submit on an earlier one by mistake. Thanks for info on blasters. Is there a go to pre built version that would pass 501st approval? I think by the time I’ve finished constructing everything I’ll need to paint a walking frame white to match it all

Edited by Linz

Hi all, 

brilliant support from everyone. 

I’m currently waiting for my AM kit to arrive. Ordered a doopydoos blaster kit too, all from your great advice. 

Next question, where is the go to place for boots, neck seals and canvas belts for ANH stunt trooper set? 

Ive told the wife what I’m up to and she’s suggested getting the extras for my birthday next week, result. 

Thanks 

Hi all, 
brilliant support from everyone. 
I’m currently waiting for my AM kit to arrive. Ordered a doopydoos blaster kit too, all from your great advice. 
Next question, where is the go to place for boots, neck seals and canvas belts for ANH stunt trooper set? 
Ive told the wife what I’m up to and she’s suggested getting the extras for my birthday next week, result. 
Thanks 

You won’t be disappointed with the armor.
As for the other stuff there are a few sales threads on here for some of that soft goods or Trooperbay.com. As for the boots I think but I’m not sure imperialboots.com is open, they work in runs, you might want to jump on that cause they’ll probably be closing soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk