Taller trooper armour set

Linz

Hi. 

Been looking to get a set of armour. I’ve read up a lot and decided to buy from RT-Mod as I’m 6’4” and seemed the most suitable option. Just wondering if Rob at RT-Mod is still making armour sets as after initial contact, I’ve not had any replies to e-mails for the last 3-4 months? Can anyone recommend another option for a taller trooper? I liked the fact that he builds the helmets and produces kit to your measurements. 

Thanks

9 minutes ago, Linz said:

Thanks for info about AM armour, sent him an e-mail and see where I get. 

AM has always been great with communication, and they make a damned fine set of armor to boot!

I have AM armor, and I love it.  I'm only 5' 11'' but it should fit you.  I've always heard RT is a bit slow on the responding, but pretty much always has.  He does also have pretty substantial wait times and it can be tough to get in on a run list.  I was on his list originally, but things fell through, and then got lucky and snagged an AM kit on short notice.  I'd still love to do a RT Mod someday, but honestly my two personal favorites would be RT and AM, especially for taller and/or larger troopers.  

I have AM armor, and I love it.  I'm only 5' 11'' but it should fit you.  I've always heard RT is a bit slow on the responding, but pretty much always has.  He does also have pretty substantial wait times and it can be tough to get in on a run list.  I was on his list originally, but things fell through, and then got lucky and snagged an AM kit on short notice.  I'd still love to do a RT Mod someday, but honestly my two personal favorites would be RT and AM, especially for taller and/or larger troopers.  
Thanks. I was also told AP could fit someone 6'2" but apparently I must have a long torso because the gap between my chest and ab was too big and would shift to the back and/or neck when I pulled it down. I have been trying to reach RT Mod and have no success. I was looking for replacement parts but now I am willing to buy a whole set if I can find out how much it costs and where to send the money. We clearly need more armor vendors....

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

28 minutes ago, jimbotron said:

Thanks. I was also told AP could fit someone 6'2" but apparently I must have a long torso because the gap between my chest and ab was too big and would shift to the back and/or neck when I pulled it down. I have been trying to reach RT Mod and have no success. I was looking for replacement parts but now I am willing to buy a whole set if I can find out how much it costs and where to send the money. We clearly need more armor vendors....

If memory serves, AP is pretty standard sized armor.  As such, it'll fit some taller people but not others... all depends on your proportions, and how perfectly you want it to fit.  Personally, I'm 6'3", 220#, and fit Anovos armor (also standard size, so very comparable to AP in terms of size), but barely.  I had to add shims to accommodate my extra girth (Mmmm, beer), the chest / ab overlap can be tricky and needs to be tended to carefully on every troop, and there is more of a gap between thighs and knees than for shorter troopers.  These are the standard things bigger guys have to deal with, when trying to fit standard sized armor.

RT-Mod and AM are specifically made to accommodate larger troopers.  They're sized up a bit, and have extra material on the size so side shims are rarely needed.  From my understanding, RT-Mod can handle taller troopers (like 6'8" for instance) a bit better, and AM can handle wider troopers a bit better, but either will be a huge improvement for a larger trooper (no matter which direction(s) they're larger) compared to standard sized armor.

Edited by kman
  • Like 1

If memory serves, AP is pretty standard sized armor.  As such, it'll fit some taller people but not others... all depends on your proportions, and how perfectly you want it to fit.  Personally, I'm 6'3", 220#, and fit Anovos armor (also standard size, so very comparable to AP in terms of size), but barely.  I had to add shims to accommodate my extra girth (Mmmm, beer), the chest / ab overlap can be tricky and needs to be tended to carefully on every troop, and there is more of a gap between thighs and knees than for shorter troopers.  These are the standard things bigger guys have to deal with, when trying to fit standard sized armor.

RT-Mod and AM are specifically made to accommodate larger troopers.  They're sized up a bit, and have extra material on the size so side shims are rarely needed.  From my understanding, RT-Mod can handle taller troopers (like 6'8" for instance) a bit better, and AM can handle wider troopers a bit better, but either will be a huge improvement for a larger trooper (no matter which direction(s) they're larger) compared to standard sized armor.
This sounds consistent to what I have been hearing. I just can't seem to get any info or contact from RT Mod.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, jimbotron said:

This sounds consistent to what I have been hearing. I just can't seem to get any info or contact from RT Mod.

Unfortunately I have been seeing reports of this a lot lately, much more than usual. Not sure what exactly is going on with RT right now. 

If you’re in any sort of a hurry, I would just go with AM. Just because RT has an edge definitely doesn’t make AM a bad choice. And you’ll be trooping in armor a whole lot sooner!

Edited by kman
  • Like 1

Think it was on another page of his website. I emailed TK1336@hotmail.com. No response yet but let me know if you have any luck. Not sure on prices as it doesn’t show them on his site. Cheers 

So would AM suit a 6’4”, slim- medium build bloke like me? I wouldn’t need the width larger but have long legs. 

Thank you everyone who’s added suggestions. I’m really keen to get started but having lost touch with RT earlier in the year, I’m no further on. 

At first I just wanted kit to mess about in but then started reading about 501st approval and thought it made sense to do it right and troop if the opportunity came up. 

So final supplier list would be AM or AT? Not heard of Anovos til now. 

Attraction RT was nice kit, he makes the helmet and seemed to take your measurements into accounts so guess I’m really looking for something like this as I’m new to all this

So would AM suit a 6’4”, slim- medium build bloke like me? I wouldn’t need the width larger but have long legs. 
Thank you everyone who’s added suggestions. I’m really keen to get started but having lost touch with RT earlier in the year, I’m no further on. 
At first I just wanted kit to mess about in but then started reading about 501st approval and thought it made sense to do it right and troop if the opportunity came up. 
Attraction RT was nice kit, he makes the helmet and seemed to take your measurements into accounts so guess I’m really looking for something like this as I’m new to all this

I’m not 6’4” but I have AM and I’m fairly sure it would fit. I took a little off of mine to get it to be shorter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Linz said:

Yes, it s should fit you.  You might trim a bit more width off, but it will definitely suit your height.  

I wouldn't recommend RS Props for you- you're just too tall for it.  They may say it would fit, but I've seen it first hand on several troopers and I don't recommend it for anyone over 6'1'', maybe 6' 2''.  Also in my experience it's really made for slender/smaller people, and medium/average build might work, but it depends on "medium" v. "medium/large".  I also do not personally recommend Anovos (we've taken to calling it aNOvos).  Litany of reasons, but honestly I don't think it's work with your height, either, regardless.  It's also made for smaller/slimmer people.  

AM, RT Mod are top, AM is usually easier to get a hold of so that's a plus.  I hear good things about AP, I don't know much about TM personally or sizing but I also hear good things.  Anyone know how ATA runs?  I know of them and they're vetted (at least they were last time I checked), but I've never seen on in person.  

Since you're new (welcome!), be sure to check out the Getting Started areas- tons of great info there to get you started.  

14 hours ago, kman said:

If you’re in any sort of a hurry, I would just go with AM. Just because RT has an edge definitely doesn’t make AM a bad choice. And you’ll be trooping in armor a whole lot sooner!

I second this- my original choice was RT, but I ended up with AM, and I have no regrets.  I've trooped it pretty hard for going on three years and it's held up very well- good thickness, good quality.  The shins are tricky to assemble but otherwise no known defects.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sharkbait said:

Yes, it s should fit you.  You might trim a bit more width off, but it will definitely suit your height.  

I wouldn't recommend RS Props for you- you're just too tall for it.  They may say it would fit, but I've seen it first hand on several troopers and I don't recommend it for anyone over 6'1'', maybe 6' 2''.  Also in my experience it's really made for slender/smaller people, and medium/average build might work, but it depends on "medium" v. "medium/large".  I also do not personally recommend Anovos (we've taken to calling it aNOvos).  Litany of reasons, but honestly I don't think it's work with your height, either, regardless.  It's also made for smaller/slimmer people.  

AM, RT Mod are top, AM is usually easier to get a hold of so that's a plus.  I hear good things about AP, I don't know much about TM personally or sizing but I also hear good things.  Anyone know how ATA runs?  I know of them and they're vetted (at least they were last time I checked), but I've never seen on in person.  

Since you're new (welcome!), be sure to check out the Getting Started areas- tons of great info there to get you started.  

Anovos is not available (ignore their "pre-order" baloney) so they're not really in the discussion.  And again, I make it work (barely) at 6'3" but there are compromises, and it definitely wouldn't do well for anyone even a little taller than me.

AP, TM, RS, and ATA are all pretty much standard size armor, along with TM. (other than the longer shins TM has available, the rest of their kit is standard size)

RT-Mod and AM are really the only two who cater to larger and/or taller troopers.  Other kits can usually be made to work, but there will always be drawbacks and compromises.

Edited by kman
  • Like 1

I found ATA on the small side. Definitely wouldn't recommend it for your height.
I ahhh....might have a problem with my ATA. I'm 6'-4", but thankfully haven't been able to do much of anything to mine (as you know), so might be able to sell it at cost.

Sent from my MSE-6 droid using Tapatalk