TK-61514 Requesting ANH Stunt Centurion Status [ATA] [424]

Ensi

Hey again! Time to get that Centurion badge :salute:

NOTE TO THE DO TEAM: These pics are exactly the same as my EIB application, except the ones in the very start.

Name: Daniel

TKID: 61514

Garrison: Nordic Garrison

501st page: http://501st.com/members/displaymemberdetails.php?userID=25720

Build thread: 

EIB Application Thread:

Mandatory Information

• Armor = ATA
  • Helmet= ATA
  • Blaster= Praetorian Blasters

Optional

• Height = 177cm / 5'10"
  • Weight = 83kg / 183lbs
  • Boots = Imperial Boots
  • Canvas belt = Burkbench Designs
  • Hand Plates (+TD screws + frown mesh + single-cap rivets)= @justjoseph63
  • Electronics= TRamp
  • Neck Seal = The Imperial Seamstress (bought via Burkbench Designs)
  • Holster = Burkbench Designs

Here are the pics in album form: https://imgur.com/a/BOYLoSV

Here are the updated pics in album form: https://imgur.com/a/sTwMqLl

Click the pics in this post for higher resolution :) 

UPDATED PICTURES FOR CENTURION BASED ON RECOMMENDATIONS FROM MY EIB APPLICATION:

Left cracked trap on helmet 

This is merely a reflection/weird angle. It looks totally fine normally :)

bUSFa83.jpg

Vocoder paint runs

I sanded the vocoder and gave it a fresh coat of satin black #85!

GT8zEEc.jpg

Chestplate return edge too big

I trimmed the chestplate return edge.

vfr1L66.jpg

Black gap at wrists

As I have these set up with velcro, it was just a matter of adjusting the velcro a bit.

2IYJiT5.jpg

GxCGxYA.jpg

Frayed belt too frayed

I gave the belt a haircut.

t4zNxSU.jpg?1

Ob6PuKm.jpg

Plastic belt bending outwards too much

I can't remember if I did more to it after the original pictures, but I suited up and it looks just fine :)

vCWes2D.jpg

AgnyDXK.jpg

TD clips to be more squared

I have not done anythting here, but it should not hold up my application. I will get to it as soon as I get access to some more power tools.

Butt-plate overlapping issue

This must've been a dressing error as it isn't a problem.

PMMZhcC.jpg

fj5tHw1.jpg

And btw, @shashachu the overlap issue I was referring to, was that of the ab-plate and kidney. As I said in my EIB application i've fixed it with a bracketing system. For anyone new reading this, it is highly recommended! A couple of scrap ABS pieces and some glue is all you need :D 

J1AHKUV.jpg

Sniper-knee tucking under thigh

This is due to my legs. I don't know if it's genetic or medical but I stand naturally with my legs like a darn flamingo:

xo9vAU4.jpg

This is how it looks when I stand like a normal person:

dzGs1Ul.jpg

Forearm return edge

This is just the nature of the super thick ATA kit. There is no return edge present on my forearms.

uyjO9VP.jpg

VJFkNa4.jpg

Back shoulder gap

This is mostly a dressing issue. After taking the original photos I upgraded with white polyester webbing under the shoulder-bridges which helped bring it in closer.

(Sorry for the wonky photos, it's hard doing this by yourself!)

w5mELRR.jpg

h4MmROs.jpg

Flexible handguards

4lgfkcv.jpg

START OF OLD PHOTOS - Front

Lcum4Wt.jpg

Left

eoociCc.jpg

Left arms up

Tef06sk.jpg

Left arms up detail

iVCnFoC.jpg

Back

rzFfjkT.jpg

Right (the overlap issue has been fixed with a bracketing system, let me know if you want updated photos)

5xKbumW.jpg

Right arms up

jo7uILY.jpg

Right arms up detail

rcOmxHm.jpg

Ab detail

RmMwybA.jpg

Forearms

eSFhfuw.jpg

Cod

2KfeqfV.jpg

0m8DuXD.jpg

Buttplate

8AUiraP.jpg

m1oLqST.jpg

Interior strapping

Waibceu.jpg

uUJqcV8.jpg

HZi2Yzb.jpg

h1zuJYs.jpg

OCbp806.jpg

rbPA4sD.jpg

Sniper knee

9FpVvAX.jpg

wwbgocw.jpg

XIHYZ2N.jpg

Helmet

0pI9XGj.jpg

l0bin9b.jpg

XXZI5IM.jpg

kynSrWd.jpg

d21uabE.jpg

Hovi mic tips

XlsmZaz.jpg

Lens color

ZlhL7Oq.jpg

6sN6HY2.jpg

Thigh attachment

buh1atu.jpg

mddta4L.jpg

C9oWcZ5.jpg

Boots

mbqD5tF.jpg

41vsFpp.jpg

Blaster

EODO96Z.jpg

mPUwxEg.jpg

9MFJoN4.jpg

74KPnCa.jpg

roNKVfi.jpg

Neckseal

GT7LldQ.jpg

TD

MrFgQED.jpg

bWYPBaI.jpg

Belt / Holster

nZbdt4K.jpg

hwazQw8.jpg

gIhtL5a.jpg

Pop rivets + washers on front

ZRSFKOA.jpg

Snaps at the back

KYeYEA5.jpg

Hi Daniel!

Thanks so much for your patience, and for making the adjustments suggested in your EIB application.

Could you include the following photos: closeups of your boots, as well as closeups of the front and backs of your shoulder bridges. 

Thanks!

1 hour ago, shashachu said:

Hi Daniel!

Thanks so much for your patience, and for making the adjustments suggested in your EIB application.

Could you include the following photos: closeups of your boots, as well as closeups of the front and backs of your shoulder bridges. 

Thanks!

These must've slipped through the cracks. I swore I included them lol :D 

xqwPtkv.jpg

neYqnqr.jpg

mbqD5tF.jpg

41vsFpp.jpg

Also added into the original post :) 

Edited by Ensi

Really nice job on those repairs, brother.  Great to see you went the extra mile, and it shows!  Not that it's a deal breaker by any means, but the ends of the TD clips should be squared off.  Also, very wise idea putting Velcro on the clips.  It keeps them from scratching your armor and in place securely.  I've seen more a few folks try to steal them off of a TK on troops.

Reference image

cU8yHYl.jpg   ZYbtz9f.jpg?1

On 12/21/2018 at 12:24 PM, justjoseph63 said:

Really nice job on those repairs, brother.  Great to see you went the extra mile, and it shows!  Not that it's a deal breaker by any means, but the ends of the TD clips should be squared off.  Also, very wise idea putting Velcro on the clips.  It keeps them from scratching your armor and in place securely.  I've seen more a few folks try to steal them off of a TK on troops.

Reference image

cU8yHYl.jpg   ZYbtz9f.jpg?1

It's on the list :) I'll have to re-position the panel in order to keep the clips flush with the panel due to cutting/trimming the clips. Velcro is just awesome, you already have it from your build, takes a minute to install. A real no brainer!

Just want to make this clear Joseph, since you are a DO, do you want me to do this before you guys can proceed with my application?

8 hours ago, Ensi said:

Just want to make this clear Joseph, since you are a DO, do you want me to do this before you guys can proceed with my application?

Since that particular issue is not specifically listed in the CRL for L3 it is just a suggestion toward screen accuracy.  Great to hear that you will be addressing it, but it's not a necessity, brother.

Hey Daniel, welcome back and thank you for your Centuriom application.  Thank you also for making  several of the suggested corrections and for providing updated photos.

CRL and Centurion Application Requirements:

All required submission photos appear to be present. Fantastic job on your build. On behalf of the FISD Deployment team I'd like to welcome you to Centurion.  Congratulations!   :jc_doublethumbup:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:

In this area we discuss any areas still needing some improvement. Though they will not hold you back from Centurion, Centurion is the elite level of accuracy and what we suggest here will help you reach that.

First, great job on the vocoder repaint! It does look like you might still have some paint smudges left, so just a quick pass with a cotton swab and some paint thinner could clean that up:

3pYBONXtfg_Ad7f-bdBvoM726GtlsEcrZ4iC4gJG

Next, this is almost certainly just a dressing issue, but I thought I'd point out that in one of your updated photos, your ab plate is peeking out from under your chest, so I'd just double check that the strapping there is tight enough to keep everything in place.

UwSp8ngd3Gr7axbPYux-hRZJZ8MBrXvfdeZydaWq2K4FCWAZcmuTqkKOgO78SqeB3ZO8OPicKfzMme6QYLzsfwNI9DtSQUjxXxTLmtEvURqwqh0w-nFjjNjRSvlwlzpcx-35gagDpCDpfaG_vlgxZPe5ZbcCrON-B7c2xh8PwQd6DnPg0QDE2BHS9IUeA67yMg1-j--19nyp2nNnXBBJ7jiF472qXl8bPA7HBTEUuNBa2zwtaEk2tYIpLsq1Klv9I2DvYD7cSGqpA8vlE14cWuMls8-f6JQejJdORDNzC6HXZ302UqAXpRYoSNJvHC1v6_O5CdyxbneJcZFJkvg1Mpsv5t3WFv1rZmNr1kH0ECOllBs7qOk7pRhtszgYpY-NAwsr0Imo4iNIDAyLU6QprKSMzZRsKyxlOsVPabH2F5r1eTwTqv89hiIFRagftz7LxHonrZegDEaTydNbpJr9cHgxxi6qNo_fJTlauo0E9JfT7pF1LHHgR-lF_azVfYwj8U4hMLrmDJJoLGK0aOafVYbQfuhsghHduLnu-zyWNL1owECywKD1mpOgbt44DRsKywqd1L70kmKiDHk-cD7trQQQ1_oq0Gmzh1TPkSY5kLzDxAYirG6v7GRjIkOpY5imz4MvdwDgNyciOK95Inc_3gXRa2B98GGS1qERfFKC42NSkXDGpwjsL2FZnkL0luHDNAYKip49ZFXqYxHtwRM=w558-h323-no

Reference Image:

0NXebtqS0F3bi9UGPhnxOkb5cNOXZkx9FkJWXDpW

Another small thing I'd point out is that now that your belt has been given a haircut, you might want to trim the corners of your plastic belt just a touch in order to align them with the canvas.

mZgHvlyjdiF4cncUhMhMoTApwh2v1E-G_mfgfxum

Rshstp2f2dtZ54NfjhoR5F1MzLDQwCiGdYHZNDOi

Reference Image:

CBq5PMLTjyVVqv2xPNa85DLj5adBBplhZli8yICf

Moving along, I apologize for not pointing this out during your EIB application, but we noticed that the thigh ammo rivet is a bit bumpy. It could just be excess paint, but the original rivets were smooth head single cap rivets so it'd really make things look clean if that fastener was either sanded smooth or replaced:

Reference Image

qrhI1Zs8TFzHiiupj_YSAO7ZAQqiD7Q8BeaSScYn

Finally, just for completeness, I'll mention again that the corners of your TD clips should be square not round. (I know you said you would get to that; I just thought I'd mention it for the benefit of those who might be viewing your application in the future.)

-3paJagqDZ6KneiRSUF8u6GVl2P2AvzAhrPdUzV5VciZDiW4lWnJ-UCtj_Vf6imbinhLBVvNrHWSpBogwFboyT9FHGbXnfHwZCBlX-Vl4PXppvtmWrpe0vfOuY7lHC9R_TIBvlmon6IoWO_xddwsvVzdicVBwXQgMjfW4jp8ooyZHlbIKGWh5pCsvftS3NCWSDDJ7fZuVLsX9URYyanmtokPLUETF8WKiqx_fftCQfQk_d2QtnNKZB4o2TJAlJK3ynHaFqAIfwM5UU6dcJQOeWaqFmxUbJzAPsg93xtthDbDtIkPVWinLG4MOiQPm7VYx6JMXy9dJfFDYYY47zOt-Sltf3O_m9y2LE1MV8f7s-VV_GnMc3ENiU4bAmZcwZ1dj47gMu11orr8984t7hVP9Xv3HMTDrhLqaBf8bEVdNds95Am8Ofd6NbUxUeUImWvDiY5xzTgFXHUwkGBo-qvbfYYrJyKNwl7bWTIVOQh_Qu59fk81fiy8EAs6EsLVd_XpDtgv4_D0ITXDTJyAPflBumFaMcVNT1AWlSMzRZwXBevxngvdQXK1AooviWBOMB2Zb6gQx7h2jkm1piSAfA0NkPPGiazq4TVHqOw8FnC7zPmwtWzWviMHe7PFSMYH5hyn33135uhhbcOgMfT-kyS1lHoJIjzR4hkhCWjN8blYKvhbVaaZ9jindHt_fPjpTqv8TNzoQxm9Gj2aESL3fL0=w2200-h1650-no&key=55b052c8030e6b1c2ca4bb31747fdfd2099ac97f250505e9630af36ceb1ddc44

Reference Image:

lgyOVxa0x2h0qweFcbOAxSUfLy6GEE803W_maqJkrQLjS8bdstGmMkVwiSXpBgR0aW1ltKYw-tSsf1-mIfwnXIHlWvDkpuy4FJq87NdOGeZKyngRgIkRZrJaAI3ovUli2adbwadL3b83VkM9FDDrxIt42gu7SNV-LzfHSclCKVHPh06dypCaeOP2c4JLHTkzjLGnkGR7AoTLFU0NEtMA14gFM8D3wgPLpDV2w9DM79uZhZIHONTgp6Z46PIxLAmpLRCJzOZobekfBB1IfXTt3DQxQjnHqUhBFYmgq3KYXksindLmICQlQUchQ9CGATJPD4dLr5yXEn9pfODCttkL9ubgTL26AvPCyNJBzuEds0IKE6oa510MNIlbE0KApfaq79zeg3GdlOpJIpcm1xktA_GMPLUj52gjysiWuC1EOoI3LG3z2f_P1SkqBZk5FDnVUOAkJPVQu9j0aL1HAHFkVY7v7fccjUR9aAaduHyFvUpTSAua2V7AtyQApewsbPwvQLVWJCtl54sPuSpl1vo-IGrf_j5l00CTnH6oEOgF11a_qxoln06lMtWVmFABJMtNSULFG90o8OwI0g5fOsXppiCOWKp5ja2kTlhxLe1C-2urgutSXwsroB6Rwd2Nr6MK3KapO7Hw48-tW8zpEomb0w4IRNYTAkafBnJfFfOewuYDpCF2qvX2kVKIw1SZZ5jOi17xO1guqUCG0LzU804=w800-h600-no&key=522bd55f21ab2767f2dfc3bb87b821b1bad31a81c83414c1ebc0ba9f2bec495d

And that's it! Congrats again, Daniel, and get out there and make the Empire proud!

On 12/23/2018 at 11:50 AM, Bud Spaklur said:

Joseph- I wrapped my metal clips in Velcro as well based on your suggestion a while ago. Question- do you put the rough side of the Velcro on the belt or the abs? I would think that having the rough Velcro in place, while trying to slide the TD on, it would be a pain in the neck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it helps, I just put the fluffy loop side of the velcro on the metal clips. No rough/hook side velcro on the belt or ABS, that would surely make it a pain!

On 12/23/2018 at 7:35 PM, shashachu said:

Hey Daniel, welcome back and thank you for your Centuriom application.  Thank you also for making  several of the suggested corrections and for providing updated photos.

CRL and Centurion Application Requirements:

All required submission photos appear to be present. Fantastic job on your build. On behalf of the FISD Deployment team I'd like to welcome you to Centurion.  Congratulations!   :jc_doublethumbup:

Thanks Shasha, you did a great job on the app. You and Dan sure have an attention to detail :D 

On 12/23/2018 at 7:54 PM, magni said:

Congratulations!:jc_doublethumbup:

On 12/23/2018 at 10:02 PM, gmrhodes13 said:

Congratulations trooper

On 12/23/2018 at 10:34 PM, TheSwede said:

Welcome to Centurion and Merry Christmas:salute:

Thanks all! Appreciate all the help i've gotten through this journey :) Just ordered some FISD patches with Centurion rockers, aww yiss :D 

Edited by Ensi