EASY’s AM ARMOR ANH STUNT BUILD

Easy

IF YOU ARE READING THIS please know that it is a long and detailed thread. L3 Centurion is the goal here.

It’s broken into sections and includes the mistakes and changes to fix them. It also has some very special custom pieces that are designed to save your armour from normal use damage like cracks or breaks. 

READ EACH SECTION THROUGH FIRST. I made mistakes and corrections. You’ll want to avoid the mistakes :6:so I left them in to show what not to do. READ AND PAY ATTENTION TO THE ADVICE FROM OTHERS HERE. Most of them are accomplished builders.

Start your own thread so you can get help specific to you. Don’t be afraid to ask questions. Nobody knows everything but everybody knows more than just one. For posting pictures I used IMGUR. It’s easy. Just post the pictures on imgur then copy and paste the link for each one into your tread. They show as pictures not links.  Easy Peezy .:coffee2:

Please enjoy the thread read and enjoy your build. Hope to see you trooping in the best kit ever. :jc_doublethumbup:

Are you sitting comfortably?

Then we’ll begin…:salute:

Ok, building an ANH Stunt kit. The armour is from Victor Matts of AM ARMOUR. It’s BBB day and all the parts are laid out. Got some sizing, trimming and fitting to do. My profile pic is a kit I bought before ever hearing of the 501st. I worked the heck out of it to get it reasonably decent but I want a better kit to submit for approval. I might just chrome the old one and have a decent radtrooper kit from it. 

KU8vUHk.jpg

M8gkaeu.jpg

Edited by Easy
Pic sizes

Congrats on your BBB day!  AM is a nice set of armor. FYI your pictures are hard to see. If you are planning on doing a build thread then I recommend checking out this thread:

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/42381-howto-post-images-in-threads-using-imgur-easy/

It will certainly make it easier for us to assist you in your build. Congrats again

• Like 1

Starsaber, thank you very much. I’ve been trying to figure out the images thing. Looks like it worked. 

Thanks to all of you for the welcome. I’m aiming for centurion so this might not be done tomorrow but I will post my progress. Looking forward to learning from some experienced people along the way. Got some great help so far. Just need to pick a place to start. Maybe I’ll do the build in the order it’s put on when done. 

Things I will need are a good neck seal, holster, gloves that fit these Sasquatch hands and patience. 

• Like 1

Hi Dave! Welcome to FISD and happy BBB day! Looking forward to your build thread.

Good thinking on aiming for Centurion...it’s not much more work and your armor will come out better. Yep, take your time and ask lots of questions!

• Like 1

Welcome, Dave!  AM makes a great kit, and I am sure you are going to be pleased with the quality.  Fortunately they do a lot of the trimming for you, but there is still a lot to go for the details.  Ask any and all questions you have, post lots of photos, and I look forward to following your build!

• Like 1

Welcome to the world of white armor. I am looking forward to seeing your build progress. Take your time and measure and test fit a lot before cutting. When cutting cut a little less than you plan and test fit again. You can always take more off but putting it back on is almost impossible.

Have fun!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Ok I started on the bucket. Still waiting for the paint to show up so for now I’m getting the parts ready. I’ll paint before assembly. I’m undecided on using a one piece lens or making a left and right with custom mounting clips. 

Teeth all cut and trimmed with a small craft blade and the Dremel.

BZqHYSW.jpg

Cutting this piece off will help line the ear pieces up with a more movie accurate rake. 

uidg4Dq.jpg

Left side cut off. 

EbGEylo.jpg

The filter front line should line up with the corner of the eye on both sides. This centres the face piece nicely. The dots are where I will drill to attach the pieces. 

QZKS9rd.jpg

zc7Awi9.jpg

The brow gap for stunt configuration. I set it here because it looks right. I haven’t found an actual measurement for it. It’s just somewhere between hero and sand trooper as far as I can tell. 

JqbBT6R.jpg

42 minutes ago, Pretzel said:

From the pictures, you provided it looks good to me. Nice work on those teeth! The kitty being any help? 

Thanks. Troop-cat (white on black) is great support lol. Not in these pics is my black lab Trooper. 

• Like 1

Since I don’t have brushes yet, and can’t sit still, I started the assembly. 

0tuTt8J.jpg

Setting and clamping was tedious. The bucket is not symmetrical, which is screen accurate, so I found it a bit difficult to keep everything lined up. 

CFPKYqh.jpg

I had to get my big vice grip clamps to set the tubes to the face where I needed it to drill. I tried to keep the contact area where it would be covered by the ears in case I marked it up. 

6cqeLq6.jpg

The ABS is flexible enough to come together nicely. Drilling here will make a nice transition of the pieces. 

viqzIoP.jpg

Both holes drilled, same on the other side. 

tAgxy4R.jpg

AM supplies all the correct screws to build a bucket. The Master, Eric Dyck, uses rivets, which I might switch to because I don’t like all the hardware inside, nuts and screw ends sticking inward. Maybe the padding will cover it, we’ll see.  

blM1q4K.jpg

Both sides look good. I followed the steps in the build video by Eric Dyck as I went. It’s a great help.

v2o07Cj.jpg

The right ear needed very little work to fit this well. 

j5v148i.jpg

Very little gap front or back. 

mmgKvxQ.jpg

Right side, looks pretty good. 

esWMqLF.jpg

Left side seems acceptable. 

mOtp1n8.jpg

I think it will be really nice once the mic’s, neck seal and paint is done. 

Thanks Eric for the personal help on this. 

The brow is not exactly as I’d hoped. More stunt on the left and hero on the right. Oddly enough it’s lower on the squint eye which only seems to enhance the look of ‘aiming’ for a shot.  I might be the only stormtrooper to hit his target. I measured the height of the traps and the right side is 1/4” taller than the left. I may trim it across to even it out. Not sure what to think of it right now. 

Edited by Easy
  • Like 1