Jedimaster1971

Geordietrooper ANH build

The hand guards were 3D printed wasnt sure how they would turn out but a flash of white paint and they will fill a gap until i can fund the full kit....... 

that would be great. Blaster looks good.

so long as it’s 501st approved at the end I’m not looking to invest months of time building it as I’m sure the armour will take long enough. 

Thanks 

Linz 

5 minutes ago, Linz said:

that would be great. Blaster looks good.

so long as it’s 501st approved at the end I’m not looking to invest months of time building it as I’m sure the armour will take long enough. 

Thanks 

Linz 

Linz....... that's my train of thought...... I want to be minimum 501st basic clearance....... but the star wars geek in me sez go for centuriom clearance.......... the old cost vs wallet dilemma lol

2 minutes ago, Jedimaster1971 said:

Linz....... that's my train of thought...... I want to be minimum 501st basic clearance....... but the star wars geek in me sez go for centuriom clearance.......... the old cost vs wallet dilemma lol

Most Centurion badge holders will tell you if built with that level in mind its actually the easiest way to go in the long run. Your armor's appearance and even how it feels when trooping is at a higher level. If you build it with lower standards (though there's nothing wrong with that) you tend to have more issues along the way, not to mention it's more work, and it may not look as good. Food for thought ;)

Keep up the good work :duim:

I absolutely want to go for as higher level clearance as possible but the build threads on the blasters looked incredibly detailed. Is this what is required for centurion level or is it troopers going beyond for the blaster finish? Which is the best thread to follow for blaster build? 

Time isn’t on my side so want to invest the time I have on getting the armour bang on but also want to troop as soon as soon as possible which would be slowed down considerably if I added that much detail to the blaster. 

Cheers 

I absolutely want to go for as higher level clearance as possible but the build threads on the blasters looked incredibly detailed. Is this what is required for centurion level or is it troopers going beyond for the blaster finish? Which is the best thread to follow for blaster build? 
Time isn’t on my side so want to invest the time I have on getting the armour bang on but also want to troop as soon as soon as possible which would be slowed down considerably if I added that much detail to the blaster. 
Cheers 

No, a “built from scratch” blaster is not a requirement of Centurion level. However, a screen accurate blaster IS required. There are various prop makers who sell them, though some have gone out of business lately. I happened to get a Hyperfirm blaster before they went off the map.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a saturday, the double glazing fitters have let me down....... what else is a guy to do...... I know blaster build!! (Scope rail and counter hanger fabricated)

RCdg1mK.jpg

wApa9jt.jpg

sBGbZ14.jpg

YRfQZAn.jpg

Almost time to get busy with the spray painting 

• Like 2

Nice work. :-)

If you want to go a little more into it, just be aware that the cocking handle is currently backwards and that the rear sight could sit a little closer to the end cap.

As per the FISD blaster reference, for the rear sight “leave a little gap (about 2mm) to the raised end of the receiver tube (locking notch band”.

8a26ca228dfe62bb8f22b1b8cec822a9.jpg

e56218e3a61befc0c30542e07a6455b5.jpg

57da66555d595c85473e599a4fdd44ec.jpg

Love those Doopy kits. Keep yo the good work. :-)

• Like 1

Looking good, nice work.

3 hours ago, CableGuy said:

If you want to go a little more into it, just be aware that the cocking handle is currently backwards and that the rear sight could sit a little closer to the end cap.

As per the FISD blaster reference, for the rear sight “leave a little gap (about 2mm) to the raised end of the receiver tube (locking notch band”.

8a26ca228dfe62bb8f22b1b8cec822a9.jpg

e56218e3a61befc0c30542e07a6455b5.jpg

57da66555d595c85473e599a4fdd44ec.jpg

Love those Doopy kits. Keep yo the good work. :-)

I know I could do better..... but it has taken me 3 weeks to get the scope rail fabricated and I ran out of patience after the 4th attempt by the fabricators 

I know I could do better..... but it has taken me 3 weeks to get the scope rail fabricated and I ran out of patience after the 4th attempt by the fabricators 

No worries, chief. As I said, it was only a suggestion. :-)

18 hours ago, CableGuy said:

Nice catch Dan

looks Good buddy. I decided to doopydoo in the end. Still waiting for BBB day. Hopefully this Wednesday so got busy building. Few details still to add to scope, counter etc and bit more weathering to do but actually quite enjoyed building it. I’ll try and attach picture. Good luck with the rest of yours