Geordietrooper ANH build

Jedimaster1971

Its never gonna be screen accurate and probably wouldn't clear but Ears redone and got traps outlined in black

ydPrr7z.jpg&key=73e336b2eac4646615fe2097fb8555efa9c40b47685956096c13da6ed1b61d7c

You’re doing well. No reason why you can’t head for 501st clearance if that’s your goal. :-)

1 hour ago, Jedimaster1971 said:

Its never gonna be screen accurate and probably wouldn't clear but Ears redone

Don´t be to hard on yourself Gordon, the ears are known to be a challenge and as Dan said you are doing well. That said, you still have material left on the ears that would benefit of beeing removed, look back at the outlines Dan made and the ref pic he provided and try emulate that some more and as seen the bottom of the ears should not go over the neck trim but rather end at or more often go under it. Look at it as training of your building skills you mentioned earlier, 501st approval is still well within reach:) Take a look at some approved EIB and Centurion applications to see some examples on how it can look:salute:

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/113-advanced-tactics/

4 minutes ago, Jedimaster1971 said:

Noooooo!!! Important note to self dont paint with tired eyes........ cheek stripes and trap stripes...... #fail

cLy7VWJ.jpg

xs6lE7C.jpg

That’s okay. Many aren’t perfect first time round, including mine. Just use your gray paint to straighten up those lines. Works a treat. :-)

You'll be fine. :-)

I had the same issue with mine. I was using templets and went through a few pairs of them. I was told if you do light strokes with like no paint on the brush it’ll help with the bleed out. It’ll take forever to paint but it’s supposed to help. I ended up using the temples with a new black sharpie. Worked for me, and it was easier, I don’t have a steady/or a light hand when it comes to painting nor was I patient enough.

Helmet looks great though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25 minutes ago, Frank75139 said:

I had the same issue with mine. I was using templets and went through a few pairs of them. I was told if you do light strokes with like no paint on the brush it’ll help with the bleed out. It’ll take forever to paint but it’s supposed to help. I ended up using the temples with a new black sharpie. Worked for me, and it was easier, I don’t have a steady/or a light hand when it comes to painting nor was I patient enough.

Helmet looks great though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sharpie..... I hadn't thought that...... great idea 

Second part of the build....... a trooper isn't a trooper without his blaster

RkNyP8q.jpg&key=6281ed374af12ead6208c481d1e73daa04eee6b4d68421c565af7cb28be9f069

A good old Doopydoos kit. Nice choice.

There’s some excellent reference and build tips in the link below, if you fancy some light reading. Even if you don’t do any mods, it has really handy tips on positioning the parts and paint methods. :-)

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/32111-fisd-e-11-blaster-reference/

1 minute ago, CableGuy said:

A good old Doopydoos kit. Nice choice.

There’s some excellent reference and build tips in the link below, if you fancy some light reading. Even if you don’t do any mods, it has really handy tips on positioning the parts and paint methods. :-)

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/32111-fisd-e-11-blaster-reference/

Been reading and reading and reading..... almost information overload, but defo worth it!! Downloaded a tech drawing for the scope rail and dropped it off at a metal fabricators today...... hopefully they can come good before the weekend ..... if not its parts from BnQ with a hammer and file job!

• Like 1

Been reading and reading and reading..... almost information overload, but defo worth it!! Downloaded a tech drawing for the scope rail and dropped it off at a metal fabricators today...... hopefully they can come good before the weekend ..... if not its parts from BnQ with a hammer and file job!

Nice work mate. Sounds like you’re really enjoying this. And I don’t blame you. :-)

4 minutes ago, CableGuy said:

Nice work mate. Sounds like you’re really enjoying this. And I don’t blame you. :-)

Yeah, star wars has been in my blood since i was about 8yr old...... done several comic cons and the UKG blew me away every time but last yr visit to Birmingham Comic Con and a chat with Marc...... he said dreams don't die on their own ........ never was a truer word spoken

Edited by Jedimaster1971
Spelling (stupid fast fingers)
  • Like 1

Yeah, star wars has been in my blood since i was about 8yr old...... done several comic cons and the UKG blew me away every time but last yr visit to Birmingham Comic Con and a chat with Marc...... he said dreams don't die on their own ........ never was a truer word spoken

Same here. First met them at Legoland 2015. I couldn’t stop grinning!!

You’re in good company - they’re a great bunch. :-)

Hi all, 

just got a doopydoos blaster set. Every thread I look at seems to modify them heavily. I’m just waiting on my AM armour to come and without meaning to sound lazy, does the doopydoos kit need all the extra work or will it pass 501st approval with a standard build and paint? I’ve got 2 small kids, work full time and concerned I might be a pensioner before I step out the garage in the full kit. 

Thanks 

Linz 

4 hours ago, Linz said:

Hi all, 

just got a doopydoos blaster set. Every thread I look at seems to modify them heavily. I’m just waiting on my AM armour to come and without meaning to sound lazy, does the doopydoos kit need all the extra work or will it pass 501st approval with a standard build and paint? I’ve got 2 small kids, work full time and concerned I might be a pensioner before I step out the garage in the full kit. 

Thanks 

Linz 

I had my kit in the box for a week and read about the mods, thought about them and decided against it..... pit my kit 90% together this morning in about 45 minutes, there is a lot of shaping and trimming.  I will attach my progress so far for you to compare

pmiQ5iF.jpg

SuHdBID.jpg

that would be great. Blaster looks good.

so long as it’s 501st approved at the end I’m not looking to invest months of time building it as I’m sure the armour will take long enough. 

Thanks 

Linz 

5 minutes ago, Linz said:

that would be great. Blaster looks good.

so long as it’s 501st approved at the end I’m not looking to invest months of time building it as I’m sure the armour will take long enough. 

Thanks 

Linz 

Linz....... that's my train of thought...... I want to be minimum 501st basic clearance....... but the star wars geek in me sez go for centuriom clearance.......... the old cost vs wallet dilemma lol

2 minutes ago, Jedimaster1971 said:

Linz....... that's my train of thought...... I want to be minimum 501st basic clearance....... but the star wars geek in me sez go for centuriom clearance.......... the old cost vs wallet dilemma lol

Most Centurion badge holders will tell you if built with that level in mind its actually the easiest way to go in the long run. Your armor's appearance and even how it feels when trooping is at a higher level. If you build it with lower standards (though there's nothing wrong with that) you tend to have more issues along the way, not to mention it's more work, and it may not look as good. Food for thought ;)

Keep up the good work :duim:

I absolutely want to go for as higher level clearance as possible but the build threads on the blasters looked incredibly detailed. Is this what is required for centurion level or is it troopers going beyond for the blaster finish? Which is the best thread to follow for blaster build? 

Time isn’t on my side so want to invest the time I have on getting the armour bang on but also want to troop as soon as soon as possible which would be slowed down considerably if I added that much detail to the blaster. 

Cheers