Geordietrooper ANH build

Jedimaster1971

2 minutes ago, Bud Spaklur said:

Lol, for a second I was like, “what the heck am I looking at here?” I thought it was a drill bit sticking out of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was mislead by the ebay listing for the magnets...... thought they were gonna be a lot bigger....... so had to stack em to get a hild between the to parts of the lid!!

Or just right click on the image in Imgur, select copy, then paste directly into your post

YmnQOMc.jpg

31 minutes ago, Bud Spaklur said:

Ahh, you’ll be fine. Take small amounts off at a time and be patient. Mine has a decent sized gap on the right ear in the back. The ears had gaps in the movie, so some gaps are ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pencilled what I think are the "trim to" lines, when I fix it all together the brow line is getting pulled out of shape.....

54 minutes ago, Jedimaster1971 said:

My build has stalled..... there's this thing called christmas thats got in the way!!!!

The good thing about building armor is that it’s always ready when you are :duim: Happy holidays:salute:

1 minute ago, Jedimaster1971 said:

The lower screw fixings pulled thru the plastic ...... anyobe know if it can be filled and redrilled

Glue some scrap on the inside, abs paste from the outside and your good:salute:

Hi Gordon,

Nice progress.

As Daniel said, you have lots of excess on those ears that can come off. I’ve roughly marked on here where the cut lines appear to be on your ears (in red);

e84163eb496e91a8fabf80cdc3b7bacd.jpg

78362cd7d82f28aea19b5b980ccf59d1.jpg

You’ll see the green line in that first photo. The screws on the ears usually line up with the trap. Whilst you’re at this stage, you could consider lining up with the trap and drilling new holes.

2aabc75937651329d6f952654be2f922.jpg

Keep up the good work, Gordon.

Btw, do you have a UK Garrison build thread running?

Dan

Just spotted another thing, Gordon. Your faceplate is currently quite high. As below, you could consider lowering the face plate to follow the typical ANH stunt look. Note how the eyes are nearly parallel to the green line;

250de0ecb45d84cc5aa00b5d01bccb63.jpg

Best wishes
Dan

19 minutes ago, CableGuy said:

Hi Gordon,

Nice progress.

As Daniel said, you have lots of excess on those ears that can come off. I’ve roughly marked on here where the cut lines appear to be on your ears (in red);

e84163eb496e91a8fabf80cdc3b7bacd.jpg

78362cd7d82f28aea19b5b980ccf59d1.jpg

You’ll see the green line in that first photo. The screws on the ears usually line up with the trap. Whilst you’re at this stage, you could consider lining up with the trap and drilling new holes.

2aabc75937651329d6f952654be2f922.jpg

Keep up the good work, Gordon.

Btw, do you have a UK Garrison build thread running?

Dan

Not got a full armour yet so no build thread, this was bought from DA to use as a test of my build skills before taking the plunge on a full kit, so any advice(constructive criticism) is greatly accepted 

Not got a full armour yet so no build thread, this was bought from DA to use as a test of my build skills before taking the plunge on a full kit, so any advice(constructive criticism) is greatly accepted 

Good choice. DA makes some lovely stuff.

You’re doing well so far. Slow and steady wins the race, and all that.

Happy to help along the way. Any questions, just shout. :-)

If it helps, I found these videos by Ross (of RWA Creations) incredibly helpful. Using these, and Starwarshelmets.com for reference, it really made the process a lot less daunting.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt_lWzaSmADNiCC8TkZyfwg

Although it’s a different armour maker, the general principle is similar.

:-)