JimmyDUIC

Chicago / Willow Springs - First Stormtrooper Build with AM Armor

Hello all,

I was was told that this is the best place to start. I am from Willow Springs, a suburb 20 minutes south of Chicago. 

I just received my first armor build and am looking to start building. I need to be ready for SWC in April. If anyone is around, please let me know. Would love to get to know fellow and local Troopers. 

Take care,

James

Hello all,

I was was told that this is the best place to start. I am from Willow Springs, a suburb 20 minutes south of Chicago. 

I just received my first armor build and am looking to start building. I need to be ready for SWC in April. If anyone is around, please let me know. Would love to get to know fellow and local Troopers. 

Take care,

James

First off, welcome James! Secondly, you’re very lucky that celebration is in your backyard! Have you been in touch with your local garrison? I suggest you reach out to them to get “hands-on” assistance. Better to have people from your garrison help you to ensure you’re ready for April! Post any questions on this forum and we will help you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Hello and welcome aboard, research is the key to this hobby, good luck and looking forward to seeing a build thread from you soon.

Welcome to the FISD, James!  As mentioned above, research is your best friend.  When you are ready to start building - start a build tread.  Ask any and all questions - we are here to help.  I also suggest going for the highest level of accuracy possible.  Check out this section for some great examples of how to do it right.

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/72-request-centurion-status/

Getting things finished by April should not be a problem.  Take your time - enjoy the build.

Good luck!

Welcome to the FISD, James!  AM makes a fantastic kit, and it will last you for many, many years.  As Greg mentioned, starting your own build thread is a great idea.  You will have many questions (we all did), and it helps immensely to have all those in one area for faster responses.  You can (and should) post up photos of your progress along with any that you have have concerns over.  We are here to help every step of the way, so ask as many questions as you would like.

Since you live near Chi-town, I would also suggest getting in touch with our 2 Imperial Attaches in that area who can help you out on a local level:

Carlos @Solcar23 and Matt @thechosenhitman

Hopefully you have all your build supplies in place before you start.  I have a link under my avatar below of things you will need, as well as few tutorials that may help.

Also, if you want to take your armor to the next levels of screen accuracy, you should think about our Expert Infantry and Centurion programs.  If you decide to do this, it is much easier to do during your build rather than after, and is not that much extra work.  Here is some info.:  https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35371-eib-and-centurion-what-do-these-terms-mean/

Again, if we can be of any assistance, just let us know, and I look forward to following your build!

• Like 1

Welcome James. Good luck with the build, you’ve got plenty of time to get this done. We will all be online to help.

Hey James and welcome to FISD:salute:

Wish I could join you and others at Celebration buuuut no such luck for me....anyway, apart form the advanced section be sure to check out the build threads and of course to start your own:duim:

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/31-costuming-and-builds-501st-approved/

Welcome James! As everyone mentioned, do some research on the build threads and ask plenty of questions. There’s a lot of good, detailed information on here and YouTube. Take your time on the build and your armor will turn out great!

Wish I could go there for Celebration!!!

Hey James! Welcome! I’m sorry to have been a bit absent but definitely let me know if you need assistance or guidance through your build!

Just an FYI, Matt (chosenhitman). Moved out west so isn’t local anymore.

Let me know if I can help in any way!

I've been hearing nothing but good things about AM. I myself will probably get a set from them in the future. Good luck on your build. There a lots of great troopers here that are willing to help. Welcome to the FISD. 

Welcome!  I have AM and I love it- I highly recommend it.  Good thickness, kit comes trimmed, customer service is good, it will treat you well for many trooping years.