Jump to content
Kgreenfield

Need Sandtrooper Help

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

I don't think that is a Makerofthings kit, as they use ABS, but bear in mind that as long as it meets the CRL criteria it is good to go for at least basic 501st approval if built correctly.

:icon_eek:

Did they switch to ABS?

 

I just know that they used to use Styrene, and in their ebay description it says, "It has been vacuum-formed in White Styrene and is 100% screen accurate with direct Star Wars ANH movie linage".

 

Did they just switch but never change the description to ABS? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello I'm Kevin can you tell where do I go because my head is all over the place with my sand trooper armour and I'm not getting anywhere with it so what is the point having it.im so sad and very unhappy because I can't do anything with it and I'm on benefits and it just feels like everyone is against me and I do not exist .

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Kevin

I assure no one here is against you, we try our very best to help you. Are you in a hurry to be done? You have the armor and that’s the main thing...take your time by reading build threads

 https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/80-anh-build-threads/

As others have said one can trim the armor with pretty much on thing it beeing any number if items, a tin snip, utility knife, cutting wheel and so on...beeing on a budget I would start with getting a tin snip and I actually trim all parts with it except for making cover strips, then I use a utility knife. So when you receive your next benefit set aside a few pound (around 5-7 GBP) and get a tin snip to get you started. I would also recommend watching this you tube series to get you familiar with the process.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeDunMes3e0wQn8_ns-ma4g

 

Keep going and you’ll get there in the end:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kgreenfield said:

Hello I'm Kevin can you tell where do I go because my head is all over the place with my sand trooper armour and I'm not getting anywhere with it so what is the point having it.im so sad and very unhappy because I can't do anything with it and I'm on benefits and it just feels like everyone is against me and I do not exist .

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
 

Just so you know, you don't have to sign or state that you are Kevin in every post, it's on your post information no matter what.:duim:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheSwede said:

Hey Kevin

I assure no one here is against you, we try our very best to help you. Are you in a hurry to be done? You have the armor and that’s the main thing...take your time by reading build threads

 https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/80-anh-build-threads/

As others have said one can trim the armor with pretty much on thing it beeing any number if items, a tin snip, utility knife, cutting wheel and so on...beeing on a budget I would start with getting a tin snip and I actually trim all parts with it except for making cover strips, then I use a utility knife. So when you receive your next benefit set aside a few pound (around 5-7 GBP) and get a tin snip to get you started. I would also recommend watching this you tube series to get you familiar with the process.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeDunMes3e0wQn8_ns-ma4g

 

Keep going and you’ll get there in the end:)

I seem to notice a certain Sandtrooper build thread in your signature... that could be very useful for someone who is having trouble with their build... hmmmmm...

KEVIN! I THINK I GOT SOMETHING OVER HERE! :laugh1:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No one is against you in this Kevin. This community is here to help you, that's the point of it, I mean just look at the moto "Troopers Helping Troopers". I think it says it all.

 

There is a build thread in the text under Daniel's post. Here's the link: https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/44490-theswedes-sandtrooper-build-rs/

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Kevin,

As others have said, research is a huge part of this hobby. Now that you have your armour, take some time to look through the other builds on the forum, here and over on the MEPD forum, to see how people prepare, trim, and build their armour.
YouTube also has many videos showing how people go about making Stormtrooper and Sandie armour. Daniel (TheSwede) linked a good one. Have a good watch of those and see whether that helps get a clear picture in your mind of what you’ll be facing during your build and what equipment you’ll need to do it.

Best wishes
Dan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally don't have the correct tools ok so I just don't what to do because I'm thinking of selling my armour because I'm getting loads of ppl taking the piss out of me .

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Kgreenfield said:

I personally don't have the correct tools ok so I just don't what to do because I'm thinking of selling my armour because I'm getting loads of ppl taking the piss out of me .

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
 

Who are you talking about? All of us here are trying to help you, we want you to be a Stormtrooper just as much as you do - I promise you...don’t let who ever is talking down to you get the better of you, stay focused on that WE are trying to help you. And...As it’s getting close to Christmas: send me you adress in a PM and I will send you cutting tools:salute:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The trimming can be done with just a Stanley knife if needed, ideally you’d have a metal rule too for straight lines. Wilko do a cheap aluminium one. The knife it’s self is what ever you can get, a pound land one will do. You don’t need to press hard just let the knife score, do a few passes and flex it to snap along the score line.

 

If you can some curved lexan scissors from eBay will be about another £4 and help massively in some curved areas where it’s a pain to use score and snap.

 

The only other thing you will want it’s some 180 sand paper. Once each edge is cut run some over to smooth off any sharp edges.

 

Anything more than this isn’t needed. It may speed things up or make it easier but it is not needed.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/7/2018 at 3:09 PM, Kgreenfield said:

Hello Steve I have contacted the UK garrison and they are being funny with me because they think I've got loads of money to throw away and I'm on benefits and I'm trying my very hardiest to get some help from different garrison sites and I'm getting the piss taken out off and I've a starwars fan and I've got all toys n other costumes but it's still it's still not enough.i really hate people that take the piss out of me and making me feel bad.kevin green field plus they have blocked me too so I'm not happy.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
 

Kevin,

 

no one has 'been funny' with you on the UK Garrison forum, please do not feel that. 

 

we have been asking similar questions to what is being asked here on FSID. You have access to the UK Garrison forum, indeed you have posted several times on peoples WIPs, and yes you have been asked not to post in certain areas as the WIPS are between the person making the armour, and the armourer, so please post on your own WIP and people will try to help.

 

However attempting to access our forums via multiple accounts, together with posting to multiple email addresses, some of which have nothing to do with building armour just gives us more headaches when trying to help.

 

Building armour to a good standard takes time and a little money. less money means generally things will take longer as you need to learn the techniques to do things yourself. We all started with a simple sharp knife, glue (E6000) and patience. You need to take your time, listen when people try to help and have patience.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...