Trooper Info

Costume Information

• Armor Maker: TM (TrooperMaster) / ABS kit
  • Helmet Maker: TM (TrooperMaster) / ABS kit
  • Neck seal: East Asia Supply
  • Belt: East Asia Supply
  • Boots: Imperial Boots
  • Holster: Imperial Boots
  • Blaster: HFX Productions Hyperfirm E-11 Kit (modified)
  • Electronics: 2x 12V helmet fans (self installed) / iComm (TK Products, LLC) + chest mounted speaker unit

Known Issues

1. Belt : Material is off white too much, thickness issue. Jim of East Asia Supply is working on a replacement.
  2. Belt : Buttons are oversized, need trimming.
  3. Strapping : Right hand side seems a little off (Shoulder Bell gap / Waist area). I though I forgot to wear my back support but somehow it keep shifting out of alignment when there is movement. Will look into the issue.   
  4. Strapping : Back plate sometime overlapping Kidney plate (may be I bend backwards too much in the photos).

It is difficult to do this single handed. I definitely need someone to help with the photo taking next round.

Hand plate + rubber glove:

Yc2zdcl-u_nY7CjE0EHUKIM11teS3lVRN7x6GUSg

TDN6IfIdDuySWFaJwNcbOA4GIGXM6h7y4eYpAK_G

Return edge removed (forearm):

Rtk859YPrRAZy1SWOllc7hLsUS75RbOwRGZ_3Juj

Ammo knee blet alignment:

PbVi53I7scNuEtyUrGOAQ5Vjhw2zaR77oZzr4bBN

QqpvziJ7k6FuwpIQu9aD9COybt-OzvOejnsiJhGJ

Sniper knee plate alignment:

9srhBrWggalz6Z1HpWbetyOIBxSgak-0q-Ucd_2v

bmtSassD4q984qQ0MaRvHbYAWzqTaqB8I11_lKw2

Neck Seal:

bEHU-lHT4qcFgpNSArNVBzW_R-q05hyglwUHeQSo

Boots:

A8vQiDBjJl07cs0_dHjaMNQeFXiNSZnC5Ox78Tp5

Looking good as always Arthur:duim:

Two small things:

The frown paint needs some TLC (no paint between teeth)

h01sy6o.jpg

ANH ref

GzRtSFg.jpg

And on this pic it looks like you have some overlap of the back plate, maybe it just shifted between poses but might be worth looking into to insure you stay sharp on patrol:salute:

pErOQhL.jpg

• Like 1

I think I know what happened, the X suspension straps were off (too slack) so that the lower half of the torso keep shifting when I switch poses.

A careless mistake, should have checked it before suiting up.

19 minutes ago, TheSwede said:

Looking good as always Arthur:duim:

Two small things:

The frown paint needs some TLC (no paint between teeth)

h01sy6o.jpg

ANH ref

GzRtSFg.jpg

Ok thanks, I will take a bit more off with a filer.

4 hours ago, giskard8 said:

WFgaEzL0EsSRfw_irtlN0JFDvHUSgUUk2fkWo92y

RHh-89h6QW7Nptg6hWNxM8lyRRFFlp_Z-v2k26cy

How does this look now? (before I put the mash back in)

Spot on, if you’d like you could ad a ”tooth” at the ends as seen on the reference. And a question: do you wear a balaclava? Reason I ask is if you do there’s no need for mesh, helps with airflow and is screen accurate (if that’s your thing) I had mesh originally but removed it from all my helmets and no one can see my face:)

4 minutes ago, giskard8 said:

S9aJ7ENHROOadaolU_b5ow43HCrb6bvQAOs8M9L0

73XBXzsP1h5foAgL4_ZbBmeQog8wGfiUkkkol2_N

Yes, I do have a balaclava but it only goes up to the lower lip, guest I still need the mesh in place to hide my face.

Not to bug you about it but maybe you can stretch it, it did more of a difference on keeping cool than i would have guessed myself...anyways :salute:

2 minutes ago, TheSwede said:

Not to bug you about it but maybe you can stretch it, it did more of a difference on keeping cool than i would have guessed myself...anyways :salute:

Not at all, appreciated the suggestion.

• Like 1

• CableGuy changed the title to TK-39093 Requesting ANH (Stunt) EIB Status [TM] (Under Review)

Hi Arthur, and thank you for yet another fine build for EIB review.

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All required submission photos have been posted and I am very pleased to announce your armour displays all the necessary elements to qualify for Expert Infantryman. On behalf of the Deployment team, congratulations! :jc_doublethumbup:    

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:

In this section we review observations made by your fellow troopers and ourselves. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor. Firstly, thank you for replacing the thermal detonator screws with the required pan head, slotted screws.

Firstly, thank you for addressing some of the areas highlighted by your fellow troopers, such as the frown paint. As you are aware, some are just dressing issues and could be resolved through some strapping adjustments. Such as your right shoulder bell which could be rotated inwards to close that gap a little more to match up with your left. 

XzVlmQW.jpg

Ref

nfbsCGR.jpg?1

Something that has caught my eye (but will not prevent your EIB) is what appears to be warping on the sides of the kidney plate. It looks like this is where your poppers/snaps are glued to the plastic from the inside - it is possible that the glue has reacted with the poppers/snaps and caused this warping. I've highlighted this purely for the benefit of any new builds that you (or others) might take on. My understanding is that E-6000 can react with the metal poppers and cause heat - the heat can then warp the plastic. Using the original bracket and elastic method (as per the originals), using different/higher quality poppers/snaps, or ensuring that the metal and glue do not touch where the popper meets the armour (using ABS popper tabs or nylon webbing) can be ways to avoid this issue.

288LF0U.jpg

njR77ms.jpg

Example of smooth kidney plate;

A3Jopc8.jpg

Moving down to the belt area, whilst your your drop boxes are nicely aligned, they should be touching the plastic ammo belt. Yours, specifically your left drop box, is hanging a little loose and could do with being moved up a little. As you also mentioned, your belt is a little on the yellow side, however, in my opinion this is not a deal breaker.It still works well with your armour. 

CtvR2wt.jpg

Centurion Suggestions:

Because Centurion photos show much more detail than EIB, items pertaining to Centurion might be seen there and not here. We try to point out all we can from what is seen but the final accuracy is the responsibility of the trooper. 

As you're aware, your back plate is overlapping your kidney in certain photos. Some adjustments to your strapping should resolve this and keep the two parts nicely butted against each other. (Also, just keep an eye on your thigh spacing...just a dressing issue, not an L3 requirement as such)

Level three certification (if applicable):

• Back plate shall have no, or minimal overlap of the kidney plate.

0o5bRcp.jpg

Ref;

6wW7NuF.jpg?1

And finally, there still appears to be some return edge on your wrists - these should be removed before your L3 application.

Level three certification (if applicable):

• No return edge on the inside of the front of the forearm is allowed.

ABx84vX.jpg

Reference; 

z2_xUiNoKx6vNvRjw8_fwrKnC8gPbCI65URynzJ0

Well, Arthur - that brings us to the end of your (latest) EIB review. Congratulations on building another beautiful set of TM armour. Just a few minor changes and we hope to see you back for another Centurion soon... :salute:

• CableGuy changed the title to TK-39093 Requesting ANH (Stunt) EIB Status [TM] (APPROVED)
13 hours ago, CableGuy said:

Something that has caught my eye (but will not prevent your EIB) is what appears to be warping on the sides of the kidney plate. It looks like this is where your poppers/snaps are glued to the plastic from the inside - it is possible that the glue has reacted with the poppers/snaps and caused this warping. I've highlighted this purely for the benefit of any new builds that you (or others) might take on. My understanding is that E-6000 can react with the metal poppers and cause heat - the heat can then warp the plastic. Using the original bracket and elastic method (as per the originals), using different/higher quality poppers/snaps, or ensuring that the metal and glue do not touch where the popper meets the armour (using ABS popper tabs or nylon webbing) can be ways to avoid this issue.

288LF0U.jpg

Thank you very much Dan, I will do all the suggested changes in preparation for Centurion review.

The warping was something I didn't expected. I thought I took the necessary precautions to prevent this (by pressing the metal snap with a solder iron into the plastic tab) but obviously it was not working. I don't think there is anything I can do about it at this time, or maybe I will order a replacement plate from TM in the not so near future. A hard lesson learned here.

Edited by giskard8
  • Like 1