Airsoft E-11/Sterling + Tino's + Doopys Build

TK-42775

Wow, that's some serious build progress James. You managed to fix the issue with the T-track covering the hole for the rail, cut the window into the counter socket and pre-assembled everything. Looks like it only needs paint and some weathering but you are right, spring and clearing stripe will add the last details.  :jc_doublethumbup:

Just thought it point out as well of the extractor and plunger on the exposed bolt. I've seen this done with plexiglass, plasticard ... not too big of a feat to get it more screen accurate. Here are the dimensions from the E-11 Blaster Reference.86483ee4b18677d7dfecd78903adcd64.jpg

Sent from my SM-G390W using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Shanester said:

You changed out the folding stock?

Yeah, that's an actual sterling stock. took a bit of work to adapt it, and still not done.

@Dracotrooper Yeah, I dont think Im going to be able to match that due to the design of the Airsoft Rifle, 

Yes, it still works as an airsoft rifle, just think Glow in the dark red BB's

Edited by James Whitley
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Shanester said:

Cool, I thought the original design and the airsoft design were a bit different.  Nice work and thanks for answering and posting your work.

the differences are very small and not noticeable unless you know exactly what to look for. the most glaring is the hand grip

Wow, natural light really brings out the satin in your black cat let alone your blaster! This is a bonus look to go with your factory paint finish well done.

Your power cylinders are gleaming with some shine coming from the central capacitors and the red coming from the wire insulation, very nice touches.

Also, very believable counter and housing, these are Tinos workmanship? Cheers!

14 hours ago, Dracotrooper said:

Wow, natural light really brings out the satin in your black cat let alone your blaster! This is a bonus look to go with your factory paint finish emoji6.png well done.

Your power cylinders are gleaming with some shine coming from the central capacitors and the red coming from the wire insulation, very nice touches.

Also, very believable counter and housing, these are Tinos workmanship? Cheers!

Well, I didn't want a perfect paint job with everything Black and looking like it just came off the assembly line, Nor do I have the skills to weather it with paint. So thinking back to 1977 when some poor guy was sitting at a work bench building several every these props everyday, He really didn't have time to make it perfect. More of a good enough thought to it, and the cat is grey. 

The grip is still irking me though.......

Edited by James Whitley
  • Like 1