Airsoft E-11/Sterling + Tino's + Doopys Build

TK-42775

This will be an exciting build! I see.. you plan to add the doopydoos counter to the hengstler counter sockets? I see that it comes with shorter vent cover strip things...forget the name right now. With Tino completion set....excitement to come

Sent from my SM-G390W using Tapatalk

Hi James, glad to see you started a build thread. :duim: Looking forward to your next postings...

2 hours ago, Dracotrooper said:

(...)   you plan to add the doopydoos counter to the hengstler counter sockets?   (...)

Nah, he has something better in the mail soon... ;) (though I can not say for sure, if that is meant to be used in this build here)

• Like 3

Are you getting the DD full E-11 kit?  The reason I ask is that it looks as if the Hengstler counter and scope should be replaced.

Have you gotten the S&T E-11 in hand? It looks like the t-tracks are not inserted into the correct cooling holes.  I am curious to know what you think of the airsoft gun.  I know there is some inaccuracy with a few things like the hand grip, but the t-track seems like the most blaring issue.

• Like 1

Got it in this morning before work. (I swear I'll post Pics tonight)

So Glaring issues off the bat.

1. T-Tracks not long enough (Replacements have already been ordered)

2. Power cylinders are so wrong that is just going to be easier to replace with doopy's/Tino's

3. Counter and scope are garbage, Doopy parts and Tino's to the rescue, (If I could get my hands on a M38 Scope I'd be happy)

4. Grip is a little more square-ish and I think with a little bit of love, power tools and polish I can get it a little more authentic looking 

I am leaving it as a still functioning Airsoft gun, Now I just have to figure out how to get a tracer unit inside the main Barrel. Load it up with red tracers and let the fun begin

I might also put a Tramp Kit in it but, I'd be looking at over a total of $800 on the Build, and I'm not quite to that point. 

****Last note: IT'S fracking HEAVY, Which I love, but wouldn't recommend it for a long troop****

Leaving this here for future reference

Edited by James Whitley
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Shanester said:

Have you gotten the S&T E-11 in hand? It looks like the t-tracks are not inserted into the correct cooling holes.  I am curious to know what you think of the airsoft gun.  I know there is some inaccuracy with a few things like the hand grip, but the t-track seems like the most blaring issue.

I'm actually really impressed with the Airsoft gun its self. It's just a Hair under 6LB, and is alot more sturdy than my P90 that I have. 

Got it in this morning before work. (I swear I'll post Pics tonight)
So Glaring issues off the bat.

1. T-Tracks not long enough (Replacements have already been ordered)
2. Power cylinders are so wrong that is just going to be easier to replace with doopy's/Tino's
3. Counter and scope are garbage, Doopy parts and Tino's to the rescue, (If I could get my hands on a M38 Scope I'd be happy)
4. Grip is a little more square-ish and I think with a little bit of love, power tools and polish I can get it a little more authentic looking 

I am leaving it as a still functioning Airsoft gun, Now I just have to figure out how to get a tracer unit inside the main Barrel. Load it up with red tracers and let the fun begin

I might also put a Tramp Kit in it but, I'd be looking at over a total of $800 on the Build, and I'm not quite to that point. 

****Last note: IT'S fracking HEAVY, Which I love, but wouldn't recommend it for a long troop****
Leaving this here for future reference

Lol. As you said in your other thread, never doing anything the easy way. ;-)

14 hours ago, CableGuy said:

Lol. As you said in your other thread, never doing anything the easy way. ;-)

Where's the fun in that?

and now for pics

Stripped it down

xmUX8Oh.jpg

EYpwFef.jpg?1

Working on the Scope

gPuvPw8.jpg

Yqc4B0t.jpg

Power Cylinder prep

wj1nUrY.jpg

Kinda at a holding point till Tino's kit gets here......

Well that and the Tracer unit......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shanester said:

Wow. Were the t-tracks hard to get off? I assume most of the rest screwed on(?).

Naw T tracks were put on the normal way, But yeah pretty much everything else was screwed on, EXCEPT the top rail, its welded =(

So now the question remains, leave the top rail on and glue scope to it, Counter can be screwed on, or take rail of and build from scratch?

but prior to that point i need to get it disassembled so I can get the tracer unit mounted inside the barrel.

7 hours ago, James Whitley said:

(...)   take rail of and build from scratch?   (...)

Yes, I would suggest that, as the current rail locates both, scope and counter, in wrong positions. If you can correct this, then use it. If not, a new one would be better.

7 hours ago, T-Jay said:

Yes, I would suggest that, as the current rail locates both, scope and counter, in wrong positions. If you can correct this, then use it. If not, a new one would be better.

Yeah, kinda what I decided to do last night

I was terrified when making the bends (using 1/16) I was waiting for it to snap

BgMICvg.jpg

rJJiGOq.jpg

WtOLteZ.jpg

Over all I'm really happy with the way it turned out, seen as how it's the 1st one I have ever made

IKcFc8O.jpg

Edited by James Whitley

On 12/7/2018 at 7:28 PM, James Whitley said:

Over all I'm really happy with the way it turned out, seen as how it's the 1st one I have ever made

You can be proud of this, James. It looks good. You also did the Z-bend on the rear end. That meant some extra work for you. Well done!

Just a side note: the counter arm is very close to the receiver tube and will cause scratches there in the future. After painting the rail, you could wrap the arm's lower end with black insulation tape. Or you can ignore it, as the counter will later cover this area. Up to you. Just wanted to mention it. :)

• Like 1

Yeah I noticed that too.

A small roll of green stuff between rail and body "should" be enough to keep it from going everywhere.

22ETpig.jpg?2

oy, you can see my drilling and horrible cutting skills even better when you zoom in

Edited by James Whitley
  • Like 1

Thanks for letting me know, the completion set finally arrived. :duim:  Guessing it took 3 days longer than standard, because of the higher Christmas traffic.

Looking forward to your next progress.

Edited by T-Jay
  • Like 1

=P just fixed the pic,

sorry bout that was a little excited that it finally came in

got a little work in with it last night 

OC8Up7Y.jpg

Edited by James Whitley
  • Like 2

Fit test

SrdrTrj.jpg

0bpIKhs.jpg

Yes I know, I need to fix the Bolts

P2iwoBt.jpg

@T-Jay I had to cut down the front two bolts a little but they were same threads

a8BDPuU.jpg

still needs spring and cleaning strip 

Got a bit of detail work in front of me still, but its coming along nicely

Edited by James Whitley
  • Like 2