TLJ Executioner Build

Galactic Grunt

So I bought this kit through the Armory Shop; they made it custom to my measurements and painted it for me. I appreciate the paint job they did, since I was too worried I'd mess it up. The custom fit isn't totally up to par as parts of the kit are way too big for my slim frame, but hopefully I can trim it a bit without ruining the kit.

g4qfQV3.jpg

I've started connecting the yoke to the back piece and I've already ran into a bit of a snag. The two yoke pieces don't fit quite right side by side and I will have to sand down the other piece a bit to have it sit correctly. This will probably be an ongoing problem through out the project as there's a few pieces that don't fit where they should due to the paint job and will need sanding.91o8b0q.jpg

After I get this connected properly I'll start putting together the strapping system. I've already bought the 1 inch nylon webbing straps, heavy duty snap kit and parachute buckles that I'll be needing for it. I'll keep posting updates in this thread as I go through the process of this build.

• Like 3

Very hard to get a kit to fit you without a trial fitting, at least the modifications don't seem to be too scary for you, good luck and looking forward to the progress.

Maybe you should try it on first and take some photos to evaluate before the trim.

Sometimes “trim to a tight fit” might not be the best option as it restricts mobility and make the overall look of the armor out of proportion.

Padding (with foam pads inside the armor) might be another alternative solution.

3 hours ago, TheSwede said:

I noticed some gym-equipment so another option is to buff up and fill the armor that way:smiley-sw013: Anyway good luck with the build:salute:

Lmao! Yeah, sorry my gym room was in disarray when I took that pic.That would be the optimal way to fill the space, I'm actually trying to buff up, before I can join the Air Force. They didn't want to take a 98 lbs wet girl, probably because most people lose weight in boot camp and they don't want me to wither away. I'm up to 105 lbs, just 5 more pounds to go!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Galactic Grunt said:

Lmao! Yeah, sorry my gym room was in disarray when I took that pic.That would be the optimal way to fill the space, I'm actually trying to buff up, before I can join the Air Force. They didn't want to take a 98 lbs wet girl, probably because most people lose weight in boot camp and they don't want me to wither away. I'm up to 105 lbs, just 5 more pounds to go!

Aah awesome - good job:duim: And...if they are only interested in you hitting that 110lbs mark I guess the holiday season we have comming up could help with that if you get tired of the weights:D

this is of course a trick - Keep training Cadet! (Probably Navy lingo but you get the Idea:P:salute:

RRrZmma.jpg

So the Imperial Gaskets are definitely helping fill the gap between me and the armor. At least with the bicep and forearm pieces. We'll see how much it will help with filling the thigh and calf pieces as they are humongous on me and the main pieces I'm worried I'll have to trim. Also I see now what everyone was saying about the limited mobility with real rubber gaskets. I think I will purchase cloth gaskets for more casual events so I can be more comfortable.

• Like 4

hcMY43o.jpg

So the rubber gaskets are definitely helping fill the gap with the lower limb pieces too. They still feel too big in certain places. Luckily I don't think I have to trim anything any more and I'll take the foam lining advice from giskard8. Now that all my rubber gaskets have been cut and glued I can move on to sanding and the snap & strapping system.

10 minutes ago, Frank75139 said:

It looks like it’s fitting very well with the gaskets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think so too. I eventually will buy cloth gaskets too, And I don't think they will help fill that gap as well as the rubber gaskets do, so I definitely think a foam lining will help stabilize the pieces on my frame and keep them from moving around too much.

• 3 weeks later...

So here's another update. I sanded down both yoke pieces and have glued them both onto the back piece. I've installed the heavy duty snaps on my abdomen and kidney pieces to hold them together. These pieces are kind of small on me and the side seams do show. I also drew a chalk line on the yoke pieces to guide me in where the chest piece overlaps them so I can install velcro onto them and it can hold the chest piece in place.

sYZTMwr.jpg

nOG1cVY.jpg

QUlK6Bo.jpg

zIw1kks.jpg

YZt7794.jpg

If you’re looking for 501st approval you will need to keep the abdomen section as one piece with the opening in the back meaning the kidney gets split in half and the side seams are to be seamless. The opening in the back gets hidden by the TD so there is room to play with if the abdomen is thight on you. 

17 minutes ago, Galactic Grunt said:

I'm not sure what I'm going to do to fill that gap on the sides. And dang I didn't realize the only seam should be in the back, I've already glued the thermal detonator in place back there. That kind of sucks that I won't be able to be 501st approved because of it. :(

There’s lots of build threads of others that had filled theirs ;) . For me I used JB weld to join both sections on the side, does take 24 hrs to completely dry but it is solid, allows for some flex and is sandable. If you have any gaps or air holes you could then fill with Bondi or even ABS paste, there are so many options, just have a look through some builds.

TD is there to cover the back join so you’ll have to seperate that somehow, hopefully it’s not too hard.

Coming along nicely, keep it up.

• 3 weeks later...

One of our candidates in my area wants to build TLJ Executioner.

ArmoryShop is the option (right now not so sure other makers still have run going)

BTW nice builds, following this thread now.

It looks like theres tabs on the front of the ab to glue to the back parts of the ab. I would glue the back to those 2 tabs to that. Might take away the seem to almost nothing.

Can you slide on the ab either over the head or like pants? If you can then I wouldn't worry about having the line cut in the back to put on.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...