TK-21169 Requesting ANH Hero EIB (TM) [877]

On 12/5/2018 at 9:14 PM, shashachu said:

Reference Image

egg2Di0sWE_MVr5jY079U7Q-c8iCLHwbPnloDXdw

Finally, the brow trim, particularly on the left side, looks a bit short.

Reference Image

_C4YLVhqy9viiABbhxYN_x-hbnOlvGoQu2anH0lA

You are basing your recommendations on one helmet and one set of the same reference photos. Just remember that not one set of ANH armour or helmet is exactly the same so ease off the nit-picking. I drastically changed this post from what I originally typed out not to offend anyone as I felt everything in your comment was unnecessary as I have photo evidence to the contrary, but I don't want to stir up any trouble like I seem to do when I go against the staff.

gibZ0A9.jpg

U7KW2XW.png

1 hour ago, troopermaster said:

Paul, as you know, we do appreciate your input when constructive, but I would like to draw your attention to one simple fact.

These are mere recommendations, they are not mandatory changes being asked of the applicant and I have said this before but i will say it again, the Idea here is UNIFORMITY across our TK's, as much as is possible at least. Obviously these costumes were hand built by more than one person, but the guys do not have time to pour over every Stormtrooper in the movies to identify all the little differences.

If you have the time , well that's just marvelous, we know you are an expert but please try and look at this from a different perspective for once.

You are basing your recommendations on one helmet and one set of the same reference photos. Just remember that not one set of ANH armour or helmet is exactly the same so ease off the nit-picking. I drastically changed this post from what I originally typed out not to offend anyone as I felt everything in your comment was unnecessary as I have photo evidence to the contrary, but I don't want to stir up any trouble like I seem to do when I go against the staff.

gibZ0A9.jpg

U7KW2XW.png

• Like 1

And secondly, this is the very first application ShaSha has done as she was only recently appointed to a DO position, cut her some slack please, she is learning the ropes.

• Like 1

I have cut her some slack, trust me. I'm not attacking anyone here. I know how it works and I get it. But the most annoying thing for me is when these 'recommendations' go against what is.

And yes, I do have time to study all the details and nuances of the original costumes - it's my job! 

Nice job Rodney, don’t let the negative side track of this conversation, which should have been done in private take away from what you’ve accomplished. You’ve worked hard on your armor, it shows, you’ve earned this, enjoy it for a few days then on to Centurion, that should be easy as well. Just make sure you get all the pics the first time around, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Hi Paul,

I'll only comment once as to not further hijack Rodney's thread. Also, I didn't see what you'd previously posted so I'll just respond to what's written now.

Not everyone knows that despite a single person posting the review, all EIB and Centurion reviews are actually a collaboration amongst all DOs, and everyone needs to sign off on an approval before it's posted. Everything that was in my post was OKed by the others, and in fact I had a couple suggestions that Tony asked me to remove due to them not actually being consistent across armors.

That all said, I will be the first to admit that I'm far from an expert on Stormtrooper armor (especially Hero armor), I just have a desire to give back to this community and a willingness to learn. Those particular suggestions on the helmet were based on my own observations and also from looking back at suggestions I'd seen in previous EIB/Centurion reviews. As I'm sure you know, what we know about armor is constantly evolving, and I was just suggesting something that I thought would improve the look of the armor based on my own knowledge. If that was incorrect, so be it, and I can only try to improve next time. None of these suggestions are ever meant to be an attack on the armor or builder.

At the end of the day, we're all here for the same reason - our love of Star Wars and these cool plastic spacemen. 

I'm happy to discuss more over PM - like I said, I know I have a lot to learn still.

Cheers,

Sha Sha

• Like 1

On 12/7/2018 at 4:21 AM, troopermaster said:

We go by what is available in the Gallery and other sources we can find.  It is obvious that you have a much larger and more detailed photo library, so perhaps you could consider sharing it with us in the Gallery section to broaden our reference base.  This would be a win-win for everyone.