Gluing for the tubing - TK helmet...

Poo.  I couldn't troop in my first event today because the tubing came off my helmet.  What's the best glue for that?  (The tube lining around the base of the bucket).  I am hoping it's something like a super glue/Loctite thing because the needle nose applicator would greatly help, rather than the globs of E6000... I guess the questions never stop, even though I'm officially in!

• Like 1

If you cut the S trim a little longer than needed the pressure of the extra trim normally helps to keep the trim in place as it forces the trim sideways. If you do find you catch it while putting the helmet on and it comes of you can use some E6000 in places.

Yeah, I already had it on without glue, but it came off while transporting it. I'll have to glue it, but I was hoping Loctite was ok to use, since it will apply much cleaner through the small needle nose tube applicator.

If you cut the S trim a little longer than needed the pressure of the extra trim normally helps to keep the trim in place as it forces the trim sideways. If you do find you catch it while putting the helmet on and it comes of you can use some E6000 in places.

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

I applied E6000 around the whole Strim and bucket because my nose always pulled the trim off when taking the helmet off. It was so annoying.

Quick suggestion- take a photo now of the S-trim on your helmet prior to getting it in place/glued so you have the photo to submit later for higher levels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Since you mentioned getting to higher levels, maybe you can answer this - should I loosen the ear cover, and glue the tubing underneath?5288158069ed3b648ef88603cba02ca9.jpg

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Bud Spaklur said:

No need to loosen the ears; I didn’t. I had the helmet assembled fully and put the S-trim on. After it coming off multiple times (and you know what a major pain in the a*% that is), I glued it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I was quite frustrated to miss my first troop because of it.  However, I just got it back on, and will just glue it down.  Thanks.  :)

• Like 1