Fibreglass Helmet (Ebay find)

Cloudlessbluesky

That is recasting my friend. Thats the black and white of it. To a prop collector its his business if he buys an original and decides to make recasts of it. If someone recasts his recasts then they are thieves.....Stupid I know....But thats they way its been for a while. The only reason why you would make copies of an original is to give to a few friends or to make money off of it. The debate has gone on for a long time now.

Personally I feel if you buy an original prop and make copies of it to sell then you are asking for it......And you will get it in spades most times.

If you create something like TM has and sell then that is different to me. If TM gets recasted then he absolutely has a right to get pissed.

The TE lineage has been recasted many times and there isnt anyone who can really point fingers there anymore. IMO TE2 is the only person who should be making the stuff simply because he paid a premium to do it. Its a dishonor to HIM to sell recasts of his stuff.

hey, thanks for your reply.

echoing you sentiments to a degree....i always saw it as if you sculpt it you can get mad, if you bought/ stole/ had access to something some else made then its all recasting. even if its recasting a recast. since, if im not mistaken the ANH / ROTJ was scuplted over 30/20yrs ago ;)

not that i care, ive just always wondered and the conversation usual delves straight into name calling and flaming! as it looks like it might do again.

Its called greed. Original recasters start pointing fingers at others who want to get in on the action too. They are trying to protect thier income. Fools. Dont offer copies of your prop if you dont want it recasted.

Its like my old drill sgt. used to say...."I didnt do it to you....You did it to yourself."

Well, well...so Joe......recasted the ROTJ before he sold it huh??.....hmmmmmm.

Joe are you working with Matt on his "new" ROTJ armor?????

Sorry Gino I know Matt sold the ROTJ stuff to you. Isnt that right?

Oh what a wonderful web Matt has spun.

Muddy Waters indeed.

Whatever you buy today - it will always be superceded with something sooner or later.

As a customer and costumer, at a certain point I stop caring and instead focus on the person who I'm buying it from. I'd rather buy something that's 90% accurate from a guy who I trust and like then something that is 95% accurate but who I don't like/don't trust.

Because no matter who is the "best" or "most accurate" or whatever today, tomorrow it will be someone else. Yesterday we had TE, today we have TM, tomorrow is LAWS? And the day after that - flexible ABS that weighs 1oz? Who's to say...

Its called greed. Original recasters start pointing fingers at others who want to get in on the action too. They are trying to protect thier income.

well this bit is kinda obvious.

BUT thank you "Origianl Recasters" for bringing this costume too us. B)

we all cant afford those dollar / pound exchange rates <_<