Armor Questions

endy

Hello. I have read through the general information section. This post is for clarification and suggestions for my specific circumstances. I am interested in acquiring 501st compliant armor. I realize there are many great kits and creators out there. I have a lot of fine motor control issues due to an industrial accident as well as other brain related issues so complex or semi-complex assembly is difficult for me. I would very much like to contribute to the charitable aspects of the 501st despite my disability so any guidance on which creators create and ship armor kits or suits that are as close to finished and inclusive as possible would be greatly appreciated. I have a decent budget for this. Thank you.

Hi Peter.

I can’t see your location on your profile but many armours can be shipped anyway. RS Prop Masters and Troopermaster are two of the best armours available and both do commissions, built to your measurements. They might be a good place to start. :-)

• Like 1

Yeah what Daniel said. Also if you want to be more personal with your build look up your local Garrison and see if one of the approved members would be willing to assist you with your build.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

• Like 1

A nice set of armor, you won't be unhappy there. Looking forward to seeing the BBB photos and a build thread in the not too distant future, good luck.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

A nice set of armor, you won't be unhappy there. Looking forward to seeing the BBB photos and a build thread in the not too distant future, good luck.

Thanks, I can't wait to post pictures in a couple/few months. Mark from AP has been fantastic in directing me to information and resources and explaining things. Absolute top notch help.

On 12/3/2018 at 9:02 AM, endy said:

I have actually decided to go with an AP build. I am now researching undersuits and neck seals.

There are a lot of manufacturers of compression shirts/pants out there, and you can pay up to 90 bucks per per piece.  I suggest going to eBay.  Much cheaper!  Just make sure there are no visible logos, stripes, etc.

Shirt:----------

Pants: -----------

(These have a logo around the waistband, but the shirt can cover that).

It doesn't have to be those sellers in particular, those are just examples.

For the neck seal you can't go wrong with one of Darman's.  They are custom made to order in any neck size and available with either a zipper or Velcro closure.  I prefer the Velcro... much easier (for me at least) to secure.

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/21385-darmans-neck-seals/

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020
  • Like 1