De-fogger?

I'm going on my first troop today, and this is a last minute question.  I do not yet have a fan helmet, and it's going to be 50s and rainy here in Michigan.  What's a good anti-fogging strategy?  I'm seeing a Rain X anti fogging spray for glass - would this work on the TK helmet lenses?

An anti fog spray should help, I’ve used it in motor cycle helmets before. Down the track definitely invest in a fan or two, I find one enough to keep the screen clear in hot or cold conditions, having an extra one as back up is a good idea too. I can definitely recomend Tony’s ( @ukswrath) fan kits.

• Like 1

I'm going on my first troop today, and this is a last minute question.  I do not yet have a fan helmet, and it's going to be 50s and rainy here in Michigan.  What's a good anti-fogging strategy?  I'm seeing a Rain X anti fogging spray for glass - would this work on the TK helmet lenses?
That's what I used and haven't had an issue yet.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I use FogTech Anti-Fog solution on my TK lenses and have never seen fogging show up!  I even used it in my plague doctor mask at DragonCon this year and my lenses stayed clear for the entire 5 hours in it (no fans in there).  The stuff works and works well.  :duim:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cricket said:

I use FogTech Anti-Fog solution on my TK lenses and have never seen fogging show up!  I even used it in my plague doctor mask at DragonCon this year and my lenses stayed clear for the entire 5 hours in it (no fans in there).  The stuff works and works well.  :duim:

Second the FogTech solution, worked extremely well yesterday in a very rainy parade!

6 hours ago, Cricket said:

Thanks, Cricket!  Hey, I think you are the one who did a thread about using magnets to enclose the shins - is that correct?  If so, can you link me to it?  One of my friend's uses that method, and loves it.  I'm hating the bra hook thing.

• 1 month later...

There's anti-fog for scuba masks that works quite well (multiple brands, they're all the same formula), also baby shampoo works great too (and it won't sting if it does get in your eyes).  I would recommend either of those.  As a diver I full admit that nothing works better as an anti-fog than your own spit, though.  If anyone tries to tell you diving is a glamorous sport, they have no idea what they're talking about!  

Basically, in the end- fans, though.  For not just anti-fog but air circulation and comfort as well.  

fans.

baby shampoo.  thin coat.

liquid dish soap. 

fans.

if its gonna be sweaty wrap something around your brow to soak up some of the sweat.

fans.

Thanks, fellas!  Actually, on my first couple troops here in Michigan winter, I've needed no fans - even indoors.  It's going to be a high temperature of 1 degree Fahrenheit tomorrow.... one.... single... stinking... degree... air temperature, not even including wind chill.   I used RainX anti-fog wipes, and absolutely no issues yet.  I did get fans for when it gets warm here in about 18 months, but no issues yet.  :)  

My helmet has two fans which I can turn off independently, and I still use one fan on colder troops just for airflow. The only time I haven't is when I had an outdoor troop and it was quite windy.