Hotel Requesting Review (ATA)

Hotel

Already approved by my GML, but I know there's a few things to tweak (i.e. elbows, thigh cover strips, and drop boxes have all been mentioned previously).

All input appreciated. Detail shots can be supplied if needed.

rMfhPxi.jpg  A4R3nNb.jpg

Ph6rAdI.jpg wS1ThIR.jpg

WCgvQZy.jpg VxH8k55.jpg

• Like 3

Nice work trooper, I think your GML has you all sorted, I have nothing to add, good luck applying for higher clearance trooper

• Like 1

Nice job on that build, Jim, and congrats on your approval!  If I could make a few suggestions in addition to the ones that have already been mentioned, they would be the following:

1.   You can/should lose quite a bit of the return edge on the arm opening of the chest plate.  Some armor sets are prone to cracking in that area and doing this would help stop that before it happens.   

Reference image

sbaltag.jpg?1   yEuiMaO.jpg?1

2.  The side of the posterior (butt) plate could come up a bit.  Tightening up the strapping would take care of this easily.

Reference image

pfkitsv.jpg?1     WOvE20H.jpg?1

3.  The cover strip should end right above the ridge line on the bottom, and there should be no gap at the join of the ridge.  If there is one after trimming the cover strip, some ABS paste will cover it.

Reference image

jNYM8GL.jpg?1   ClMU0C0.jpg?1

4.  The cover strips in the rear should end at the ridge line here as well.

Reference image

EPFTFFf.jpg?1   G03IHKE.jpg?1

As Ben mentioned, the drop boxes should actually touch (or be VERY close to) the bottom of the ABS belt.  Don't forget that the outside edges of the boxes should align with the outside edge of the ammo belt (see reference image photo on # 2).

zPiYgMd.jpg?1

To get your shoulder bells to sit a bit closer, I suggest removing all the return edges from the bottoms.  This is screen accurate and acceptable at all levels;

Reference image

QBYQQ7M.jpg?1

Some fairly easy fixes for you, Jim, and hopefully we will be be seeing your EI submission soon!

• Like 1

Hi Jim, in case you aim for the next level of accuracy (EIB) after the corrections above are done, I would suggest to double check your Thermal Detonator again. Here is what the CRL says:

Thermal detonator belt clips are positioned with little to no gap between the clips and the end caps.

Good luck. :salute:

• Like 2

I’m gonna second Joseph on the chest plate arm holes. I left mine on and have some issues with cracking there. Unfortunately I was afraid to take it off after the fact due to possible further damage so I reenforced it all. It would have been so much easier to remove it from the start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for the comments and feedback. I have 2 more troops this year, coming up this weekend, then it's back to the bench to fix and correct the items mentioned above. All are simple fixes and shouldn't take much work at all. Such a great community, glad to be a part of it!

• Like 3

this kinda bugs me:

image.png.5ed318bd6fb4820bd0846995e87ff0a3.png  they should line up and be a flat line not a bump.

also this, simply for security that the butt plate doesnt wing out and snap.  connect it on each side to the kidney plate.

image.png.0a1c8d33913893749e580e0c0902a697.png

as do these:

image.png.75cba9c57f03e9ea0b1c692161626ea3.png id take some return edge off the chest piece, the edges of front to back should be flush-er, and someones mentionned the drop boxes i think already.  

these few things just distract my eye.

Edited by sylverbard
  • Like 1

On 11/28/2018 at 11:30 AM, Hotel said:

Thanks everyone for the comments and feedback. I have 2 more troops this year, coming up this weekend, then it's back to the bench to fix and correct the items mentioned above. All are simple fixes and shouldn't take much work at all. Such a great community, glad to be a part of it!

Glad to help, Jim!  I'm sure you will do a great job, and if we can be of any help just ask!

• Like 1