Sign in to follow this  
Adianu

Greetings from TX :)

Hello! I'm a Star Garrison member w/Staff Officer (and Rebel Legion w/Rey). I was scoping out TIE armor for my husband the other night while drinking some wine and before I knew it I was also asking for TK pricing for myself... what can I say, in vino veritas, I've always wanted to do a TK but have been scared because I've never done armor and I'm short (5'2"). But I ordered a WTF kit and have been reading up on how this all works. I'm still intimidated about where to start, but have seen several great threads about trimming kits down, so I know there's hope. Thought I'd introduce myself, and when I start gathering some pieces and coming up with specific concerns & questions will start a build thread!

Great! Another Stormtrooper in the making - some great threads and people here with experience from ”shrinking” armor so you’ll be in good hands:duim: Welcome to FISD:salute:

Hello and welcome aboard, lots of builds to follow with those of height limitations ;) Good luck with the build, hope to see a thread from you soon.

Welcome Sherry!

Be sure to check out the gallery for screen reference pics.

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/gallery/

CRLs can be found here.

http://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:FISD_CRL

consider building towards L2 or L3 standards.  The EIB and Centurion threads offer great examples of finished costumes of folks who come in all shapes and sizes.

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/113-advanced-tactics/

Skywalker vineyard wines can be found here.  (Just kidding, though their chardonnay is quite good.)

https://www.skywalkervineyards.com/Our-Wines

Have a fun build!

Hi and welcome to fisd ! 

I always like the build threads of “smaller” people it gives that extra challenge so I can’t wait to see your build thread! 

Ask a lot of questions we are all here to help ! 

Dont be scared ! Everything will come to a good end !!! 

Goodluck !! 

Welcome! Good luck on you're build.  I also just bought a walt kit, counting the days till it comes.  I know it will be awhile but gives time for more research

Hello Sherry,

Welcome to FISD.  Hope to see your build soon.

Hello and welcome to the FISD! There are many who have sized down their kits to your size. Cricket's threads are definitely a great reference! Check them out in the ANH subforums.

Hi Sherry and welcome aboard future Trooper! 

Have a read in the “Getting Started-Read this First” section, as there is some really good info in there for new members.

Then, have a read in “Costuming and Builds” section to discover other troopers who are building (or have built) the same armor as you! Really good tips, examples, pictures, previously answered questions, and successes here.

In addition to looking at all the various build threads, I highly recommend checking out the “Advanced Tactics” section where you can see examples of those who have taken their armor to the next levels of screen accuracy (EIB and Centurion).  I’d recommend that you aim to build to one of the certification levels, as TK’s look their best at these levels. It's really not hard to acquire EIB or Centurion, and it’s best to do during your build rather that after.

If, and when, you’re looking for other bits –and-pieces, accessories, boots, blasters, electronics, etc., be sure to check out the “Imperial Commissary/PX” section for items for sale, project runs, and for other stuff that most of the troopers use.

So, start a build thread here on FISD; post lots of pictures and questions. We are all here to help you out and to make sure you look your best, and represent the 501st as best as possible.

All the best on your TK journey! :dancing-trooper:

• Like 1

Never too short to be a trooper. Welcome aboard. So many great members here to help you along, get started and ask away when you need assistance. There are ways to get the armor scaled down to get a better fit for shorter troopers. There was an epic armor build on here a few years back that showed a great way to to do it . If I find it again I will post the link. Best of luck!

Welcome! I finished my 5'2" sized kit this year - it can definitely be done and look amazing. Cricket and Sha Sha's build threads are awesome and there is a good FB group called "A little short for a trooper" that has some good resources. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, captsafe66 said:

Welcome to the White Zone!!

... which is for Loading and Unloading only. :laugh1:

Welcome, Future Texas Trooper!!

Welcome fellow WTF!

Cricket and ShaSha also have a WTF kit in there collection.

It's not too bad as the TK was my first kit as well.

Post lots of pics and ask lots of questions we will get you and your husband approved!

Welcome to the FISD!!

If you haven done so I would start by reading this section here!

You’ll find just about everything you think of when it comes to getting started and your armor needs! Speaking of armor needs our fellow Trooper and Deployment Office justjoseph63 has put together a great and very useful checklist of what you’ll need other then that amazing white shiny stuff. I found that personally it came in extremely helpful for my build. 

I would also suggest you dive into Crickets crazy detailed  Walt trooper Factory build for the vertically challenged! you'll find that thread HERE!!

Once that has been all decided upon then I would look into our EIB / Centurion sections and find out which a little extra effort you can get on screen accuracy.

Hope that helps point you in the right direction, I know its a ton of information and a good size financial commitment  so if any other questions come up feel free to ask.

Its why we’re here “ Troopers helping Troopers” I

also have two of Walts TK kits and a Tie Pilot kit so I can tell you from experience that its a quality kit and after a couple years trooping in it I still have zero issues with it. 

Best of luck in your journey.

Thanks, everyone! I'm definitely in information overload mode but have been reading through the forums, saving links in Evernote, trying to soak it all in. I've started gathering some of the supplies needed for the build... I'm guessing in a week or so I'll feel informed enough to have some questions to ask :) I've been studying Cricket's thread closely and am sure I'll refer to it constantly as I go!

• Like 1