Jedimaster1971

Geordietrooper

Hi, after 5 Comic Cons over 3 yrs I spoke to the 501st in Birmingham on Saturday, to a very knowledgeable guy called Marc he has convinced me that the force is indeed strong, and that dreams don't die alone!!!! To this end I have decided to join the forums and begin the long journey on the road to trooping..... 

That's me in the demo/display helmet & blaster.

Hope you guys can keep me on the straight and narrow

20181125_231132.jpg

Hello and welcome to the forum, looking forward to seeing a build thread from you soon, good luck 

Welcome to FISD, you chose a very exciting hobby and organization to get involved with!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the FISD!!

If you haven done so I would start by reading this section here!

You’ll find just about everything you think of when it comes to getting started and your armor needs! Speaking of armor needs our fellow Trooper and Deployment Office justjoseph63 has put together a great and very useful checklist of what you’ll need other then that amazing white shiny stuff. I found that personally it came in extremely helpful for my build.

Once that has been all decided upon then I would dive into our EIB / Centurion sections and find out which a little extra effort you can get on screen accuracy.

Hope that helps point you in the right direction, I know its a ton of information and a good size financial commitment  so if any other questions come up feel free to ask.

Its why we’re here “ Troopers helping Troopers”

Best of luck in your journey.

Stellar to have you with us on the FISD!

Welcome to the FISD!  As mentioned above, check out the "getting started" section.  Let us know if you have any questions.  Take your time... enjoy the journey!

Welcome aboard, Gordon.

If you haven’t already, be sure to sign up over at www.ukgarrison.co.uk. When you get some armour, the armourers will help you through your build. 

Any questions, just shout. :duim:

Best wishes

Dan

Welcome to our forums Gordon.

Don't be shy, ask plenty of questions as we are here to make sure your journey is as much fun and less stress as possible.

Welcome to the FISD, glad you enjoyed Birmingham and sounds like Marc did a good job if you're here!

As Dan has said do make sure you head over to http://www.ukgarrison.co.uk/join-us.html and get the ball rolling there also.  

Hi Gordon and welcome aboard future Trooper! 

Have a read in the “Getting Started-Read this First” section, as there is some really good info in there for new members.

Then, have a read in “Costuming and Builds” section to discover other troopers who are building (or have built) the same armor as you! Really good tips, examples, pictures, previously answered questions, and successes here.

In addition to looking at all the various build threads, I highly recommend checking out the “Advanced Tactics” section where you can see examples of those who have taken their armor to the next levels of screen accuracy (EIB and Centurion).  I’d recommend that you aim to build to one of the certification levels, as TK’s look their best at these levels. It's really not hard to acquire EIB or Centurion, and it’s best to do during your build rather that after.

If, and when, you’re looking for other bits –and-pieces, accessories, boots, blasters, electronics, etc., be sure to check out the “Imperial Commissary/PX” section for items for sale, project runs, and for other stuff that most of the troopers use.

Also, keep in contact with your local Garrison. They’ll help guide you through the process of becoming a member of the 501st, and may have local Armor Parties in the works where you can get hands-on build advice and guidance, not to mention meet members of your future Garrison.

So, start a build thread here on FISD; post lots of pictures and questions. We are all here to help you out and to make sure you look your best, and represent the 501st as best as possible.

All the best on your TK journey! :dancing-trooper:

Have just had a rummage in the loft and found my sons hasbro blaster from when he was about 7, is it wrong that he wont be getting back #doopydoos!!!

• Like 1