1977 Stormtrooper toy

StrawBarry

Hello everybody. 

I recently acquired this 1977 stormtrooper at a toy store. I found out that there's a lot of variations of this toy out there and I was wondering if you guys could help me identify which one it is? Also I want to confirm if it's the real thing, because I bought it for an okay price.

Thank you!

2 minutes ago, StrawBarry said:

Hello everybody. 

I recently acquired this 1977 stormtrooper at a toy store. I found out that there's a lot of variations of this toy out there and I was wondering if you guys could help me identify which one it is? Also I want to confirm if it's the real thing, because I bought it for an okay price.

Thank you!

Photos would help

• Like 1

That one was made by Kenner, and usually sells for around 10-20 dollars depending on condition and if it has the stand and E-11.  Yours looks to be mint or near mint.  I can never get over the size of those tubes on the bucket, lol.

2 hours ago, Bud Spaklur said:

If nobody started a thread somewhere with their collections, someone should. Greg (Wook’s) collection is pretty insane. Was like a trip down memory lane. I let my parents sell all my Star Wars toys 20 yrs ago at a garage sale....doh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny you should say that..  I actually got my first job because of SW.  When it came out in '77, I had to have it all, and bought everything SW that came out, and I mean everything.  Over the next 3 years I spent every cent I earned on it and amassed a collection that took up 3 giant packing crates, all mint and new in box.  I went in the Navy, and found out 6 months later that my mom sold it all to friend for $150.00.  Ouch.  At least she gave me the money, lol. 

3 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

Funny you should say that..  I actually got my first job because of SW.  When it came out in '77, I had to have it all, and bought everything SW that came out, and I mean everything.  Over the next 3 years I spent every cent I earned on it and amassed a collection that took up 3 giant packing crates, all mint and new in box.  I went in the Navy, and found out 6 months later that my mom sold it all to friend for $150.00.  Ouch.  At least she gave me the money, lol. 

Not one of your friends I hope. 

Awful, but can’t get mad at your mom.

On 11/24/2018 at 1:22 PM, justjoseph63 said:

Was giving you the money sympathy, or adding insult to injury? 

It feels bad. That's just all I can say. :mellow:

On 11/24/2018 at 4:24 PM, Big Deal said:

Not one of your friends I hope. 

Yep, and he moved before I could get home on leave.

On 11/24/2018 at 9:17 PM, Frank75139 said:

Awful, but can’t get mad at your mom.

Wellllllll....  Not for long anyway. lol

I had a neighbor in the 80s and he bought every Star Wars toy that came out in doubles. One for his kid and one to keep sealed. We eventually moved away as did they and he eventually passed away but I can only imagine the amount of money that would have brought in now a days. My parents stayed in touch with them but I never thought to ask if he still had them.